Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

its going to be urban meyer

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
you know, the Jaguars have this guy who was a hot future head coaching candidate just at the start of this year who's going under the radar, he's named Press Taylor and you really should give him an interview

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

oh by god

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Imagining belichick rolling up next to an endless parade of bachelorette parties with white cowgirl hats covered in rhinestones and doing a big LOL

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Belichick maintains a home in Franklin, just like every other rich white guy

That would make me especially annoyed considering we pitched Vrabel not wanting to wait on a potential trade (and is itself probably a good indicator that Bill has not been seriously considered as the coach here)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You stay the gently caress away from Bobby Slowik you depraved sickos.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He looks like a twelve year old.

I mostly just want a coach who isn’t named Mike.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Is there anything about TN that would appeal to a coach right now, particularly an offensive minded one? Not sure Billy Jeans was good enough to merit much excitement and everyone else is old and/or bad. Does Strunk pay well?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He looks like a twelve year old.

I mostly just want a coach who isn’t named Mike.
Jim Bob Cooter it is.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Teva posted:

Is there anything about TN that would appeal to a coach right now, particularly an offensive minded one? Not sure Billy Jeans was good enough to merit much excitement and everyone else is old and/or bad. Does Strunk pay well?

The second best 2023 draft quarterback, $90-100m in cap space, and a top 10 pick.

There’s also only 32 NFL HC jobs. Yes, it’s desirable.

e: also, no state income tax.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Teva posted:

Tons of cap space and high draft picks? It’s not as cushy of a location as Atlanta or Washington IMO but it’s definitely better than or equal to LAC, LV, and way better than CAR i think

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Soul Glo posted:

The second best 2023 draft quarterback

That's gonna be some fightin' words I imagine

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Aiden O'Connell fans are going to be furious.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, that cap space will help, still think y'all will be in for the next rung down for coaches though. Maybe you get a Bienamy and he ends up good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lol Titans

Mega64 posted:

I am one of them and you're right!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Getting rid of a coach because of 2 losing seasons for another with 2 losing seasons (while having infinitely more control of their team) would be extremely funny to me, in a cope sorta way.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I’ll be shocked if Slowik is still the Texans OC after it’s all said and done this offseason.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

b0ng posted:

I’ll be shocked if Slowik is still the Texans OC after it’s all said and done this offseason.

Kirios up in here setting up an interviewing voodoo doll of Slowik.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

One year. Let him and CJ have one more year together. Then he can justifiably be a head coach.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

b0ng posted:

Send his run-run-pass rear end somewhere else :colbert:

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Mega64 posted:

I'm steamin'

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titans have requested an interview with the Bengals OC. If you hate their playcalling, the HC there actually does it, apparently.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Zac Taylor is a dipshit so who knows with that. I was impressed with how the bengals retooled and won a few games with Jake Browneye and am happy to credit coaching for that. I wouldn’t hate it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Panthers rejected the Jaguars’ request to interview Ejiro Evero for the open DC position.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Intruder posted:

Send his run-run-pass rear end somewhere else :colbert:

If Slowik leaves, do we just promote Jerrod Johnson?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Panthers rejected the Jaguars’ request to interview Ejiro Evero for the open DC position.

Based on the HC thread it's because he's got a decent shot at their HC position.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Based on the HC thread it's because he's got a decent shot at their HC position.
Tepper would never hire him, and hopefully Evero is smart enough to not take the job.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

If Slowik leaves, do we just promote Jerrod Johnson?

I dunno I'm just frustrated from watching Singletary run into a brick wall against the Colts like 25 times

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titans requested interviews with Lions DC (?) and Antonio Pierce, Raiders interim. That one’s interesting, what he could do with the Raiders in the last few weeks.

Lots of defensive coaches though!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm cool with defensive coaches if they can hire good staff on the offensive side. Yeah, OCs will get hired away, but a good coach will usually maintain a solid staff around them and be willing to cut loose if they gently caress up.

Aaron Glenn doesn't excite me, but I'm cool with hearing out Pierce. And hey, the whole idea is casting a wide net, might as well look at as many people as possible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://theathletic.com/5193909/2024/01/11/tennessee-titans-mike-vrabel-fired/

quote:

The Titans considered moving on from Vrabel after last season for a fresh start, according to a team source, but Strunk still believed Vrabel was a great coach and worth keeping. The hope was that an arranged marriage between Carthon and Vrabel would work because both men had shown a willingness to adapt.

quote:

• Vrabel spent the Titans’ bye week in Foxboro, Mass., as a guest of owner Robert Kraft to be inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame. Vrabel had won three Super Bowls as a player with New England, and in a speech to the crowd before an Oct. 23 Patriots win against the Bills, Vrabel said: “I don’t want you to take this organization for granted. I’ve been a lot of places, this is a special place with great leadership, great fans, great direction, and great coaching. Enjoy it. It’s not like this everywhere.”

The speech raised some eyebrows in Tennessee. When he returned to Nashville, Vrabel was asked by reporters during a press conference if his comments were directed at the Titans organization. He said: “(The Patriots) have won six Super Bowls in 20 years, that’s what I was alluding to. I don’t know what to tell you. It’s just a lot of success. … The amount of success that they had there, the whole message was, just for myself and the former players and everything, just to not take things for granted.”

quote:

At 11 a.m. CT Tuesday, Vrabel joined Strunk and team president Burke Nihill for a meeting that lasted two minutes. They told Vrabel that they appreciated his time with the Titans but that they were moving in a new direction. He was fired. There was never any discussion between the organization and Vrabel about trading him to coach another team or of a restructuring of power for him to remain with the Titans.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AAS has mishandled this whole rear end thing, and now that article gives enough ammo to misogynists to make “hurr durr emotional woman makes emotional decisions” noise all offseason because of the “festering slights.”

She should have come out to the podium instead of sending Ran out there and when asked why she fired Vrabel just said “Because 7-10 and 6-11 is not good enough when you inherit a playoff team. Because we don’t think he can fix this.” They wanted to look professional and not drag a coach everybody likes, but now come out looking like idiots for firing a coach the whole league respects.

Credit to her for not giving him more control, though. I like that she’s deadass against making mistakes of her dad and other owners (her own mistakes notwithstanding).

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The whole situation has been handled really poorly. If the owner doesn’t think it’s going to work that’s obviously her prerogative to fire him but she comes over extremely thin skinned, vrabel comes off like he’s trying to overstep intentionally? Idk how to take any of that. And carthon seems totally irrelevant. Hope I’m wrong there. Pretty embarrassing for all parties tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1745481758919827603

Makes sense now that we know she's explicitly against someone being both GM and HC

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1745481758919827603

Makes sense now that we know she's explicitly against someone being both GM and HC

I’m glad because I think Harbaugh could get the Titans to start loving sooner rather than later.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Titans interview requests so far:

Brian Callahan (Bengals OC)
Aaron Glenn (Lions DC)
Antonio Pierce (Raiders Interim HC)
Dan Quinn (Cowboys DC)
Mike Kafka (Giants OC)
Ben Johnson (Lions OC)
Bobby Slowik (Texans OC)
Brian Johnson (Eagles OC)

A couple decent choices, mostly ones I wouldn't want but hey, might as well cast a wide net.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Titans interview requests so far:

Brian Callahan (Bengals OC)
Aaron Glenn (Lions DC)
Antonio Pierce (Raiders Interim HC)
Dan Quinn (Cowboys DC)
Mike Kafka (Giants OC)
Ben Johnson (Lions OC)
Bobby Slowik (Texans OC)
Brian Johnson (Eagles OC)

A couple decent choices, mostly ones I wouldn't want but hey, might as well cast a wide net.

no more mikes

(seriously, why would you hire anyone off that giants staff, good grief)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hope they hire the eagles guy

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

the titans are dumb and their logo is ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Oberstwo posted: