Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wasn't Jimmy Saville the British Rolf Harris?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Was Maxwell not the British Maxwell?

Yes, El Borto is a loving idiot. But it's entertaining watching it all from the sidelines

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 10, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Wasn't Jimmy Saville the British Rolf Harris?
Paul Gadd is the British Rolf Harris.
Jimmy was the British Harvey Weinstein.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I assume nobody has any issues with anonymous internet troll accounts cyberbullying Margaret Hodge on the nazi dead bird site?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I now mentally parse all Xtweet arguments as
https://i.imgur.com/IzinYP9.mp4

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

fuctifino posted:

I assume nobody has any issues with anonymous internet troll accounts cyberbullying Margaret Hodge on the nazi dead bird site?

Give me a minute to come up with something

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's plenty we have proof she's actually done that you can bully her over

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Yet more papers that failed to make it to Keith’s desk, no doubt

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

he looks like a poo poo angel in that picture

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

A much less pleasant (but warmer) form of snow angel

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Looks like the gloves are off for keef then. Been saying this was inevitable (call me Nostradamus). Now watch Labour's 250 seat poll majority or whatever evaporate completely.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
gonna be hilarious if Labour get torpedoed by something that actually wasn't Keith's fault

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Julio Cruz posted:

gonna be hilarious if Labour get torpedoed by something that actually wasn't Keith's fault

100% this. I will always find it hilarious if people who took part in the attacks on Corbyn are themselves damaged by accusations of things they didn't do. It's why I found this recent El Borto stuff hilarious.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 10, 2024

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Trainchat: I'm looking up some slightly tricky train tickets for a friend to go home on Sunday, found some decentish tickets and then realised other friends are driving past the first connection point so they could drop her off and cut out some of the train journey. For taking this shorter journey, the price increases £13.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

thats for cheating on the train

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

People were incredibly stupid before the modern internet, it has simply served to facilitate their stupidity to a far wider audience than would have been possible in a pre Al Gore Tim Berners-Lee society.

I heard a good conspiracy theory recently about a team of ex-special forces operators who travel around the UK doing arson for contract on important or listed buildings, and who are speculated to have carried out some very high profile incendiary attacks in Belfast and Glasgow in recent years.

Exactly - hence observation bias. The stupidity was always there but now you have it all conveniently collected in r/lizardpeople

I also don't understand why you would need ex-specops people to do an arson when you could bung a few quid to the local junkies. Keep the economy local.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Marmaduke! posted:

Trainchat: I'm looking up some slightly tricky train tickets for a friend to go home on Sunday, found some decentish tickets and then realised other friends are driving past the first connection point so they could drop her off and cut out some of the train journey. For taking this shorter journey, the price increases £13.

Is the dropping off point more of a major station than the starting point?
That happens - I can get a through ticket from a tiny rarely staffed station to some places (not London) for £X where I have to skulk about in Newport (a main station) for a connection for 45 minutes. But if I go straight to Newport, a ticket to the same destination can cost more.
Illogical.
Also, alternating throughout the day depending on train operator, the same start and end points can vary by £30 or more per journey with the more expensive journey often taking an hour or more longer and having more changes.
Whole system needs a revamp.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Marmaduke! posted:

Can't you just buy the cheaper ticket and use it from the nearer station?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Is the dropping off point more of a major station than the starting point?

Sort of, although the connection is only Cambridge North, hardly that impressive. I need to investigate if I can book the journey even further away from the destination to get an even cheaper ticket. Though I have heard tales of people getting fined for starting the journey partway through. Trains be crazy

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

Can't you just buy the cheaper ticket and use it from the nearer station?

Barriers and/or ticket inspector usually try to prevent this

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Marmaduke! posted:

Sort of, although the connection is only Cambridge North, hardly that impressive. I need to investigate if I can book the journey even further away from the destination to get an even cheaper ticket. Though I have heard tales of people getting fined for starting the journey partway through. Trains be crazy

One of the problems of using the more remote stations is if your train operator doesn't send e-tickets, picking up a ticket from a remote unstaffed station can be a big headache.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

blunt posted:

Barriers and/or ticket inspector usually try to prevent this

I'd like to see them try and stop me

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm someone from the internet

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Marmaduke! posted:

There are gates at Cambridge North and your friend wont be able to get in if the ticket doesn't originate there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Marmaduke! posted:

If its a return you can break the journey at any point on the way back and the ticket is still valid.

So yes you could get on a stop later than planned without penalty.

crayon85
Dec 25, 2013

Marmaduke! posted:

It can depend on the ticket type: Advance tickets are priced based on catching a specific train and the number of advance tickets sold for that train. The route taken can also mean a variation in price especially if you’re going Cambridge to London (via Royston to Kings Cross tends to be a little more expensive than via Shelford to Liverpool St). Generally though shorter journeys along the same route, all else the same, should be cheaper.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
this is exactly why the scum are trying to do away with ticket offices

'cause some worker with an encyclopedic knowledge of the system will almost always find you a ticket that's cheaper/better/faster

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Times poll of voters who have confirmed they are definitely switching from Tory to Labour at GE. Astoundingly pathetic stuff from Keith.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Trainchat: I remember that starting late or finishing early on the train is something the providers are very aggressive about, and will only back down in the face of a lot of media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11420790.amp

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Z the IVth posted:

I also don't understand why you would need ex-specops people to do an arson when you could bung a few quid to the local junkies. Keep the economy local.

You'd absolutely have to contact to the locals in Belfast, I don't care if it's SASeal Team Delta Six Sponsored by PepsiCo, they're not hard enough to cope with the trouble that would erupt from stepping on IRA/UDA toes.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yeah SASeal Team Delta Six Sponsored by PepsiCo if they tried it on Irish or Loyal Ulster turf would be easily identifiable by fact of having no kneecaps

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yes, Northern Ireland, somewhere the SAS famously never operated.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Surely Harvey Weinstein was the American Jimmy Saville?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Disappointed in Streeting here. I had high hopes that the forcibly mandated brushing of teeth would be supervised by a malevolent AI connected to the benefits system and school lunches, rather than mere teaching staff.

https://twitter.com/toryfibs/status/1745353226663194659?s=46

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hell yeah just dump more poo poo onto teachers, I'm sure they'll love the transition into care staff

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yes, Northern Ireland, somewhere the SAS famously never operated.

Yes, if only I had mentioned working with the locals or something

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lol 99 with his little red, pudding, wetherspoons pub bore face of consternation

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

crispix posted:

lol 99 with his little red, pudding, wetherspoons pub bore face of consternation

And pricklier and prone to argument as Jeffrey Donaldson with a thistle up his rear end

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/BoardofDeputies/status/1745175407366754320

If Israel really committed genocide then why Jembly Crobins!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/BoardofDeputies/status/1745175407366754320

If Israel really committed genocide then why Jembly Crobins!?

Al Jazeera have been showing the proceedings in Den Haag

If the best Israeli supporters is "JEREMY CORBYN" then I don't think the case will go there way based on the statements from South Africa I've seen so far