Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

hey look at that... they finally admit white privilege is a real thing! big step for the right, I'm sure the base is not gonna be happy about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

funeral home DJ posted:

MTG is like a lovely toddler screaming and drawing on the walls of Congress while the adults in the room all ignore her in hopes that someone else will shut her up. It's amazing with how "manly" the GOP presents itself as, none of them have the guts to just tell her to shut the gently caress up.

Seriously never seen a bigger batch of wusses than the current GOP congressional lineup. They're being bullied by an idiot failed steak salesman that hosed up his shot at the presidency so bad that it made Georgia go for the dems and he ended up with 90-something criminal indictments and a new corruption story every day. Trump is irrelevant and should just be mocked by the GOP, but they poo poo themselves at the thought of getting on the other end of his social media posts.

They're all just massive, huge wimps and I bet anyone in this thread could make a GOP house member piss their pants by just raising a fist at them.

Comer is pathetic

The actually most timid Committee chair I've ever seen

The fact that the spineless idiot is in leadership at all is peak white privilege Nancy

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hunter biden does demonstrably have balls though

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Comer is pathetic

The actually most timid Committee chair I've ever seen

The fact that the spineless idiot is in leadership at all is peak white privilege Nancy

Someone put a jack-in-the-box toy in front of Comer and see if he shits his pants.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Republicans are revolting against their own speaker again and intensely serious about having hearings on the presidents son's dick on the same afternoon

big laughs over here, big belly laughs

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Another Bill posted:

Republicans are revolting against their own speaker again and intensely serious about having hearings on the presidents son's dick on the same afternoon

big laughs over here, big belly laughs

During a PRRSIDENTIAL election year

Like "Yeah, this will win moderates back, of course!"

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

ishikabibble posted:

so what actually is the hearing today for

like it's for Hunter Biden but what's their stated reason for him being there for.

The plan was to vote to hold Hunter in contempt of congress, but then he showed up for the hearing which wasn't part of their plan. It's not that he's not still at risk of being held in contempt, but it shows off how they're just bullshitting about what they want and what they actually want is to keep dragging the name "biden" through the mud over anything they can come up with.

Burns
May 10, 2008

The entire plan is to paralyze the government. They are doing a good job in that regard.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Big Mac posted:

The plan was to vote to hold Hunter in contempt of congress, but then he showed up for the hearing which wasn't part of their plan. It's not that he's not still at risk of being held in contempt, but it shows off how they're just bullshitting about what they want and what they actually want is to keep dragging the name "biden" through the mud over anything they can come up with.

it is kinda hard to hold him in contempt when he keeps showing up, ready to answer any and all questions

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Burns posted:

The entire plan is to paralyze the government. They are doing a good job in that regard.

I don't think anything we've seen from the House GOP qualifies as a plan. Is the idea that they got into a room at some point and said "alright, to paralyze government we're going to continually step on our own balls and pillory our own leadership for doing their job, guaranteeing that we end up with no substantive legislative wins to campaign on"?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
One of the two major political parties in this loving country is obsessed with the current president’s son’s genitalia. For gently caress’s sake.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ars Arcanum posted:

One of the two major political parties in this loving country is obsessed with the current president’s son’s genitalia. For gently caress’s sake.

Uh well people were mean to ivanka when she was in the White House so it’s equal

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

every GOP politician, supporter, and donator is going to hell

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Uh well people were mean to ivanka when she was in the White House so it’s equal

Well, that beans photo is as humiliating as Hunter's pictures, so you may have a point there.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Burns posted:

it's not really a plan, it's more of a happy accident

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

I love the shade whomever made her assigned seating card that didn't put a title under her name like everyone else had, because, to be fair, what was her title?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Burns posted:

Actually they have been pretty loving awful at stopping Biden from doing like... anything

Hell the only thing holding up Biden at all is the dumbfuck SC

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

Actually they have been pretty loving awful at stopping Biden from doing like... anything

Yeah I'm trying to think of a single concession they've gotten from the WH on budget negotiations and I can't come up with anything.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DangerDongs posted:

I love the shade whomever made her assigned seating card that didn't put a title under her name like everyone else had, because, to be fair, what was her title?

Princess Trump, First of Her Name

Burns
May 10, 2008

freemandela posted:

it's not really a plan, it's more of a happy accident

Fair enough.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Yeah I'm trying to think of a single concession they've gotten from the WH on budget negotiations and I can't come up with anything.

They can't even agree on what the "plan" is

They all hate each other because there all failed actors/ used carsalesman/ nepobaby white trash, it's glorious

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

They can't even compromise with themselves, utter stupidity

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Can the president’s son not take out a restraining order against Margarine Traitor Queen?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I don't think anything we've seen from the House GOP qualifies as a plan. Is the idea that they got into a room at some point and said "alright, to paralyze government we're going to continually step on our own balls and pillory our own leadership for doing their job, guaranteeing that we end up with no substantive legislative wins to campaign on"?

They’re not planning to campaign on legislative wins, they’re planning to campaign on culture war bullshit and racism.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hollismason posted:

Okay Im just gonna go ahead and say Mike Johnson won't be speaker by the end of the month.

I say he passes the funding and the government doesn't shut down but they immediately call for him to vacate
The big question is how long will the funding bill provide funding? Another 3 month extension just means that the next speaker will have a week or two to get another compromise before they get booted as well.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"What are they going to do? Vacate me?" -man who was vacated

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Apollodorus posted:

They’re not planning to campaign on legislative wins, they’re planning to campaign on culture war bullshit and racism.

That will get the same 35%-40% they lost with before, give or take the olds that have died in the last 4 years

Yeah that's a winning strategy, with the first Felon major party Candidate for President

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1745191839991255474?s=20

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

They can't even agree on what the "plan" is

They all hate each other because there all failed actors/ used carsalesman/ nepobaby white trash, it's glorious

Apparently Ronna McDaniel is still the RNC chair since taking over in 2017 despite everything that happened since then. The party's leadership isn't even trying anymore. The inmates have fully taken over the asylum.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah, we're incredibly loving lucky that he managed to squeeze so much through congress over the last few years. Biden being cosmically boring actually seems to let things like the Respect for Marriage Act, Infrastructure Bill, CHIPS Act and such fly under the radar. Even the ARP, Inflation Reduction Act, and such are actually pretty popular as long as you can put a Republican face at the ribbon cuttings.

Here's hoping the Child Tax Credit actually manages to get locked in by law before the GOP fully grinds things to a halt. The Dems do have some GOP tax cuts held hostage over it, so maybe we'll get lucky one last time before the end of all things.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Chris Christie was in the White House race??

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Apollodorus posted:

If that's the case, wouldn't it be helpful for their plan to be passing a ton of culture war bullshit and racist legislation so they can run against Biden's vetoing of everything? I still don't see how alienating their own leadership and spending collectively months failing to elect so much as a Speaker is plan-worthy.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

He has decided to spend more time with his hoagies

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

A Bridge Too Fat.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

If that's the case, wouldn't it be helpful for their plan to be passing a ton of culture war bullshit and racist legislation so they can run against Biden's vetoing of everything? I still don't see how alienating their own leadership and spending collectively months failing to elect so much as a Speaker is plan-worthy.

There are people in this thread who truly think the GOP still has some master plan after these 8 years of world class dumbfuckery, and it's like, they can't even agree on the rules of their own leadership, you really think these fucks have a plan?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Grammarchist posted:

A Bridge Too Fat.

goldmine

:hmbol:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

limp_cheese posted:

Don't forget his tearing up of the Iran deal that showed everyone whatever agreements they have with the US are only good until the next President gets into office!
And pulling US support of the Kurds in northern Iraq. With a tweet. And making the US troops leave everything behind to be seized by ISIS.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1745186287613874354?s=20

This is how you treat republicans

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

He made the critical mistake of trying to make a semblance of sense. Not like he would have had a chance otherwise, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

funeral home DJ posted:

MTG is like a lovely toddler screaming and drawing on the walls of Congress while the adults in the room all ignore her in hopes that someone else will shut her up. It's amazing with how "manly" the GOP presents itself as, none of them have the guts to just tell her to shut the gently caress up.

Seriously never seen a bigger batch of wusses than the current GOP congressional lineup. They're being bullied by an idiot failed steak salesman that hosed up his shot at the presidency so bad that it made Georgia go for the dems and he ended up with 90-something criminal indictments and a new corruption story every day. Trump is irrelevant and should just be mocked by the GOP, but they poo poo themselves at the thought of getting on the other end of his social media posts.

They're all just massive, huge wimps and I bet anyone in this thread could make a GOP house member piss their pants by just raising a fist at them.

its sadder then that. he litteraly had a bunch of his screaming hogs show up and gently caress up their officer and chase them into a bunker all so he could not leave office. this would have been the perfect time to cut the rope but lol they didnt.

he will back haley in a hope to grind off more of trumps lead.