Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Geekboy posted:

For me, what’s really upsetting is that I can’t win the cat over. I demand a refund!

Whoever wrote the plot where I can’t be friends with grub should be fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does anyone have an explanation for why the Caustic band at Derryth costs 120 in tactician but like 2000 in HM? Is it just a mistake?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My assumption would be someone found a broken as poo poo combo with it that Larian decided to moneygate. I'm pretty sure most of the Act 1 throwbarb gear costs a fortune in Act 1 on HM, too.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Honor mode raises the costs for some of the stronger items, especially if they were really cheap for what they do on other difficulties.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Vendor approval the same? Does she hate you?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Stuff is more expensive in Honor Mode and Caustic Band is one of the best items in the game. Thankfully some of the merchants are really easy to rob.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

bird with big dick posted:

Does anyone have an explanation for why the Caustic band at Derryth costs 120 in tactician but like 2000 in HM? Is it just a mistake?

I think purple/gold gear all deliberately costs multiple times more on HM, I'm running a Tactician game with Honour Features Unlocker (Ironman in this game just feels like asking for trouble but Legendary Actions make the boss fights way more fun - just finished Cazador yesterday and I'm literally keeping a save so I can go back and play it again without pre-emptively interrupting the ritual by having Shadowheart drop a miniature sun on his head before he can monologue at us) and some items in Act 3 were 10-15k to buy.

I get it, a lot of the feedback I saw was all "money has lost all meaning by the time you get to A3" and that is definitely no longer the case, I've never had more than 10k free gold at any point (I suppose I could Loot Harder but the inventory screen is enough of a pain that you know what, Karlach, you can wear a robe, that Bonespike Garb is just going to have to sit on the shelf in Rivington)

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
I would enjoy if a part of the camp persisted throughout the game so I could place some of these trinkets and goo gaws I've collected

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Professor Beetus posted:

Luckily it's very easy to avoid by simply leaving one of those people out of your party and beelining for the sewers. I usually pick Lae'zel just because she's the only one I can remember is guaranteed to be picked before Yenna.

I only wish Grub would say something to me other than "please don't look at me". C'mon Grub, I have treats and I saved your buddy, please let me pet you.

Some cats just don't wanna be pet by anyone other than their person, some don't want pet period. I liked Grub having boundaries, it's realistic if you've known a lot of cats lol

Dallan Invictus posted:

I think purple/gold gear all deliberately costs multiple times more on HM, I'm running a Tactician game with Honour Features Unlocker

Is this a mod? Custom with tactician difficulty, legendary bosses, and balanced camp supply usage would be my ideal setting. I'm doing a HM run right now but yeah this is a game that really needs reloadable saves.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 10, 2024

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The most realistic cats are the pair at the inn just sitting around above a basement swarming with rats, asking you to kill them so that they can get fed faster.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I cried IRL when Gale said "Underdark, one. Avernus, two. Baldur's Gate, three."

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I had to grind for money for the darkfire bow in HM, that poo poo got expensive

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Deified Data posted:

Some cats just don't wanna be pet by anyone other than their person, some don't want pet period. I liked Grub having boundaries, it's realistic if you've known a lot of cats lol

Is this a mod? Custom with tactician difficulty, legendary bosses, and balanced camp supply usage would be my ideal setting. I'm doing a HM run right now but yeah this is a game that really needs reloadable saves.

Yeah, it's a mod. It might or might not be duplicatable with Custom mode settings (the recent patch apparently added some more descriptions to some of the custom mode settings to make it clearer what you're getting?) but it's a godsend for me because that setup is my ideal too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I can usually come out ahead by the time I reach Act 2 since the vendors are so easy to steal from. Araj and Dammon sell good poo poo and are all alone, Roah and Lann just drop a Darkness Cloud and have Astarion boot it to the staircase down to the prisons if you get caught. You can keep zoning back in and out and they won't do anything.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Warning about the Honour mode mod if you don’t check the comments. You can not uninstall it.

I’m using this right now and had to edit the file to revert some changes because I just wanted the legendary actions. But I do like the action economy changes so I’m trying to make old Mind Sancutary work with Honor Mode rules and I don’t know LUA.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
yeah on HM I just barely had enough gold to buy the big items I wanted, and that was after doing a lot of stealing and hoarding of money

That's honestly one of the trickier parts of HM, you do have to manage your money if you want the cool expensive gear. Which you probably do.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Minor gameplay quibble:
When ambushing some npc groups, immediately after my opening salvo the game triggers the "you picked a fight!!" dialogue and suddenly every one of my guys are discovered and there's no sneak attack round

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Oh man, I haven't checked out BG3 mods in a while and there's some really cool ones now. Outside of just custom hair/clothes/faces and stuff. Amazing how creative people are without there being any direct modding tools

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Geekboy posted:

For me, what’s really upsetting is that I can’t win the cat over. I demand a refund!

I demand that the person who programmed the aloof cat be crucified

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ZeeCee posted:

My hot take is that returning weapons are kind of a trap option and easily surpassed by a good +initiative weapon and just chucking the looted +1 spears and javelins that are everywhere. All those little daggers and tools the surgeon carries are good too.

Shouldn't be a hot take. I'm playing with someone who gets a little hung up on optimization and I'm like man this game is too easy for that, lemme kill people by body slamming their buddies into them and throwing salami at them, I'm here for the fun. Also throwing people off ledges never gets old. I'm not going to do that with people that have actually good loot but there's no reason to hoard every short sword and leather armor in the game.

Geekboy posted:

For real Grub I just want to give you pets, please let me!!!

Deified Data posted:

Lol I have three cats and one of them is basically Grub. The other one is that one in Baldur's Gate who will just decide to follow you around with the tiniest amount of encouragement. I immediately reloaded and left them be because I had just been ambushed in the park and I knew that travelling with me in Baldur's Gate would be far too dangerous.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 10, 2024

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Minor gameplay quibble:
When ambushing some npc groups, immediately after my opening salvo the game triggers the "you picked a fight!!" dialogue and suddenly every one of my guys are discovered and there's no sneak attack round

ok but what if you "accidently" threw a smokepowder bomb or say, a chest full of dead bodies at somebody?

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Understandable and fine: saw a particularly bad scene and got kind of upset, argued that the game should have some kind of content warning or something so people don't buy it and blindly walk into that

It's almost like there should be some sort of... warning... based on content... perhaps administered by oh, I dunno, an Entertainment Software Rating Board? Crazy idea, I know.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

How canon is a dark urge duegar barbarian dual wielding salami that resists the murderous impulses all the way?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

EorayMel posted:

How canon is a dark urge duegar barbarian dual wielding salami that resists the murderous impulses all the way?

All the promo material showed that to be the main character. As long as you pick Vulva B you are canonical.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Normally I think these sorts of mashups are trash, but this is 100% worth it for the Ron Swanson/Gale but alone: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dpceTwOgvL4. No significant spoilers, it's all pretty much stuff from act 1.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Went to checking to see what mods needed to be updated with this hotfix and it hit me. The expanding amount of AI art on Nexus mod pages is completely expected while still being equally disheartening.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Black Noise posted:

Went to checking to see what mods needed to be updated with this hotfix and it hit me. The expanding amount of AI art on Nexus mod pages is completely expected while still being equally disheartening.

It's disappointing to see things like "archer voice mod to replace Johnny silver hand in cyberpunk" and it's just some ai generated bullshit instead of some creative modder taking the time to find appropriate voice clips to replace the real ones. Just lazy garbage

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

re: disgusting meals, I just found out that Durge can eat the dwarf meat being roasted at the goblin camp. each chunk heals 4d4 and there's 5-6 of them :stare:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Lima posted:

re: disgusting meals, I just found out that Durge can eat the dwarf meat being roasted at the goblin camp. each chunk heals 4d4 and there's 5-6 of them :stare:

This might be the biggest sandwich you have ever seen. The size is almost intimidating, invoking feelings of inadequacy. Abundant in components, rich in both smell and taste (probably), this truly is the work of a master craftsman.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

EorayMel posted:

This might be the biggest sandwich you have ever seen. The size is almost intimidating, invoking feelings of inadequacy. Abundant in components, rich in both smell and taste (probably), this truly is the work of a master craftsman.

Huh, you would think that it would be easily... dwarfed! :stonklol:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What's this cat murder bit I've never seen it lmao

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Act 3 right after the coronation if you long rest after Gortash gives you a warning but If you do not have Lae'zel, Gale, and Halsin in your party or are romancing one while the other two are in your party You will get a cutscene involving Yenna who despite constantly talking about making soup now offers you a kebab. In the background you can see a body but this might be my camera being weird because I threw that poo poo away Orin killed Grub and made a kebab

Yenna's back at the camp now and she sells soup

There is an entire other chain of events involving this character if you don't get this outcome so she seems to be in a state of superposition. According to a 30 second youtube video I watched on the subject at least.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Black Noise posted:

Act 3 right after the coronation if you long rest after Gortash gives you a warning but If you do not have Lae'zel, Gale, and Halsin in your party or are romancing one while the other two are in your party You will get a cutscene involving Yenna who despite constantly talking about making soup now offers you a kebab. In the background you can see a body but this might be my camera being weird because I threw that poo poo away Orin killed Grub and made a kebab

Yenna's back at the camp now and she sells soup

There is an entire other chain of events involving this character if you don't get this outcome so she seems to be in a state of superposition. According to a 30 second youtube video I watched on the subject at least.

How do so many people here have Halsin in their party lmao, I forgot he was in the flowchart above Yenna

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Professor Beetus posted:

How do so many people here have Halsin in their party lmao, I forgot he was in the flowchart above Yenna

Outside of this thread he seems relatively popular? Also since you can't get him until near the end of act 2, he's more likely to be in people's party at that point just for the sake of boosting approval and/or deciding if they want to make him a regular.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Professor Beetus posted:

Halsin is the only one that can make the shadow cursed lands not a poopy avalanche of semen in-universe when you are done farting around there OP

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I know it's hypocritical but seeing a cat get killed horribly would gently caress me up a bit so thank gods for that big dumb meat shield say I

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Professor Beetus posted:

Halsin has been taken every time for me and I'm like lol keep him

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

EorayMel posted:

Halsin is the only one that can make the shadow cursed lands not a poopy avalanche of semen in-universe when you are done farting around there OP

Is he? They seemed to magically transform into a nicer place when I left and Halsin didn't do poo poo.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
iirc you have to kill Ketheric to end the shadow curse, but you gotta work with Halsin to restore the spirit of the land to actually start healing the land

something like that? I've always helped Halsin so idk what happens if you just kill Ketheric but don't help Halsin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

JBP posted:

Is he? They seemed to magically transform into a nicer place when I left and Halsin didn't do poo poo.

Halsin literally saves Thaniel from the Shadowfell to restore the lands, that’s the only way it happens