Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

pseudodragon posted:

What would the Seattle reaction be to Harbs going from conquerer one day to savior the next?

"At least the Huskies don't have to play him next year"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

It wouldn't be the first time, Pete Carroll owned the Huskies when he was at USC.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

pseudodragon posted:

What would the Seattle reaction be to Harbs going from conquerer one day to savior the next?

Well the other rumor running the circles here is the Hawks going after Deboer, so I’d be happy for Weirdo Harbs to join up.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
18-1 is by far worse than 28-3. Yeah blowing the lead is bad but can be other opportunities for that. The chance to go undefeated with as many games as the NFL has is probably something that will have a chance to happen once per century or so.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PFF All-Pro teams: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2023-all-pro-team-lamar-jackson-micah-parsons-antoine-winfield-jr

quote:

First Team
QB: Lamar Jackson, Ravens
RB: Christian McCaffrey, 49ers
FB: Michael Burton, Broncos
WR: Tyreek Hill, Dolphins
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Cowboys
WR: Brandon Aiyuk, 49ers
TE: George Kittle, 49ers
LT: Trent Williams, 49ers
LG: Joe Thuney, Chiefs
C: Frank Ragnow, Lions
RG: Chris Lindstrom, Falcons
RT: Penei Sewell, Lions

ED: Myles Garrett, Browns
ED: Micah Parsons, Cowboys
DI: Dexter Lawrence, Giants
DI: Aaron Donald, Rams
LB: Fred Warner, 49ers
LB: Demario Davis, Saints
CB: Jaylon Johnson, Bears
CB: DaRon Bland, Cowboys
CB: Sauce Gardner, Jets
S: Antoine Winfield Jr, Bucs
S: Jessie Bates III, Falcons

K: Chase McLaughlin, Bucs
P: Bradley Pinion, Falcons
KR/PR: Kavontae Turpin, Cowboys
LS: Ross Matiscik, Jaguars
ST: Matthew Adams, Browns

quote:

Second Team
QB: Josh Allen, Bills
RB: Kyren Williams, Rams
FB: Hunter Luepke, Cowboys
WR: Amon-Ra St Brown, Lions
WR: AJ Brown, Eagles
WR: DJ Moore, Bears
TE: TJ Hockenson, Vikings
LT: Jordan Mailata, Eagles
LG: Tyler Smith, Cowboys
C: Jason Kelce, Eagles
RG: Kevin Dotson, Rams
RT: Lane Johnson, Eagles

ED: Nick Bosa, 49ers
ED: Maxx Crosby, Raiders
DI: Quinnen Williams, Jets
DI: Derrick Brown, Panthers
LB: Roquan Smith, Ravens
LB: CJ Mosley, Jets
CB: Devon Witherspoon, Seahawks
CB: Kendall Fuller, Commanders
CB: Trent McDuffie, Chiefs
S: Jevon Holland, Dolphins
S: Kyle Hamilton, Ravens

K: Jake Elliott, Eagles
P: Bryan Anger, Cowboys
KR/PR: Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Panthers
LS: Mitchell Fraboni, Broncos
ST: JT Gray, Saints

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Sorry, not even a second team not for Justin Jefferson? Dude was out hurt half the year with a rotating cast of clowns at QB and still put up over 100 yards/game, that’s some serious bullshit

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm honestly shocked at this.

(Come back to New England, Pete. :v:)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

Sorry, not even a second team not for Justin Jefferson? Dude was out hurt half the year with a rotating cast of clowns at QB and still put up over 100 yards/game, that’s some serious bullshit

Yeah, missing half the season most likely disqualified him.

Like the player one has the footer:

NOTE: PLAYERS WHO MISSED 5 OR MORE GAMES AS OF WEEK 15 WERE INELIGIBLE.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Today I learned that former first round LB Aaron Curry coaches the Steelers inside linebackers. I remember when he was drafted and well, that's everything.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, missing half the season most likely disqualified him.

Like the player one has the footer:

NOTE: PLAYERS WHO MISSED 5 OR MORE GAMES AS OF WEEK 15 WERE INELIGIBLE.

lol okay fair, I read no fine print

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Edna Mode posted:

It wouldn't be the first time, Pete Carroll owned the Huskies when he was at USC.

Tho these were the Tyrone Willingham Huskies. A good southern high school team probably could have given them a game.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Kalli posted:

NFLPA voted for their own Player's Choice All Pro Team:

https://nflpa.com/posts/the-players-all-pro

QB: Lamar
TE: Kelce
WR: CeeDee, Tyreek
RB: CMC
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
LT: Trent Williams
LG: Joel Bitonio & Tyler Smith
C: Kelce
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Lane Johnson

IDL: Aaron Donald & Chris Jones
Edge: Myles Garrett & Maxx Crosby
Nose: Dexter Lawrence II
OLB: Fred Warner & Roquan Smith
CB: DaRon Bland & Pat Surtain II
FS: Jessie Bates III
SS: Kyle Hamilton

K: Brandon Aubrey
P: AJ Cole
P Returner: Derius Davis
K Returner: Keisean Nixon
ST: Brenden Schooler, Jalen Reeves-Maybin
LS: Ross Matiscik

Surprised at Donald tbh, is he still tearing it up minus sacks? (Although honestly it's crazy that 8 sacks is considered low for an interior DL who gets doubled basically every down.)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Tho these were the Tyrone Willingham Huskies. A good southern high school team probably could have given them a game.

I still don't exactly understand how this guy ended up that bad. He put together a team that Charlie freaking Weis who I do understand how he was that bad almost won a national championship with.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kawalimus posted:

18-1 is by far worse than 28-3. Yeah blowing the lead is bad but can be other opportunities for that. The chance to go undefeated with as many games as the NFL has is probably something that will have a chance to happen once per century or so.

Also because

gently caress the 1972 Dolphins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What? No, ESPN paid $85mil for Pat's show. Rodgers has been paid over $1mil in appearance fees.

ah the Guardian headline was misleading then. didn’t expect that from them but time makes fools of us all

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Today has been an absolute bonkers day for news.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Saban to Tennessee. Who says no?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Reposting from the NFC South thread because absolutely everybody needs to watch Amy Trask assassinating Dennis Allen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B9ZumBTlPA

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

davecrazy posted:

Saban to Tennessee. Who says no?

Probably Nick Saban, who is retiring because he’s old as poo poo. Also Tennessee fans.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

Reposting from the NFC South thread because absolutely everybody needs to watch Amy Trask assassinating Dennis Allen

Daaaaamn. this owns, she is truly going in on him

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Saban and Belichick to co-coach the Jets. The takes are so hot they create a singularity that they destroys not only Earth but half the known universe.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Speaking of the Seahawks, isn't the sister running the team supposed to sell because that's what is in Paul Allen's trust or something

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Speaking of the Seahawks, isn't the sister running the team supposed to sell because that's what is in Paul Allen's trust or something
Yes but I think I remember someone posting something here about her saying that Paul's will/the trust does not have a time limit on it e.g. it did not say "sell immediately"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Where's Bama on the list of hottest NFL jobs? Second or third?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...82cc02501ab303&

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

post the rest tia

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sharknado slashfic posted:

I don't think any NFL HC/DC/OC is going to college.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

kiimo posted:

post the rest tia

he's live right now just roasting whitlock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CZuNuchnqk

this is art

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is pure scorched earth

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Black Lighter posted:

this is too nice.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

i need more dennis allen being assassinated content

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nodoze posted:

It feels like NFC South fans, namely Saints it seems like, got as much or more enjoyment from 28-3 than Pats fans did. They really hate the Falcons

Absolutely. Whenever an article or news story mentions great rivalries in the NFL, if they don't mention Saints/Falcons, they're just undergoing lazy reporting. Apologize to the Falcons??? Fuuuuuuuuck that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

They'll pay enough but it's the biggest trap in history.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

biceps crimes posted:

i need more dennis allen being assassinated content

There was something about him that really rubbed me the wrong way every time the broadcasts cut to him on the sidelines and I’m very glad to see that I’m apparently not crazy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Absolutely. Whenever an article or news story mentions great rivalries in the NFL, if they don't mention Saints/Falcons, they're just undergoing lazy reporting. Apologize to the Falcons??? Fuuuuuuuuck that.

On monday, first thing I asked my coworker was did she see the game on Sunday, and then once she said yes I immediately said "CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT FUCKER APOLOGIZED!?" and she joined in with its loving insane and he needs to be fired. Still boils my blood that it happened and the org's response was to keep him. That should be disqualifying.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fans of teams wondering why coaches would apologize for breaking the coaching code are misunderstanding that you're a Saint for life and he's a Saint for maybe another year, maybe, and then he has to go interview with people who might not care for that kind of thing.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

kiimo posted:

Fans of teams wondering why coaches would apologize for breaking the coaching code are misunderstanding that you're a Saint for life and he's a Saint for maybe another year, maybe, and then he has to go interview with people who might not care for that kind of thing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

He can be an ex-Saint right now.

Saint for life.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://x.com/richarddeitsch/status/1745130739748765878?s=20

Views:
We'll see Rodgers back on the show in October as it will technically be next season.

Funny enough I was at the gym this morning and kinda saw this (TV was on mute).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Catching up on the thread and

biceps crimes posted:

Tom Brady is more likable than Patrick Mahomes

a neat cape posted:

As far as i know, Brady never whined in a press conference about how a correctly called penalty ruined his HoF TE's legacy

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. Anyone who isn't already sick of Mahomes is either a Chiefs fan or extremely confused.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Patrick Mahomes is in the bottom quartile for air yards per attempt and has been been declining for like three straight years in a row. By the end of next season he'll only throw passes behind the LOS.

what the gently caress is this bullshit, get the gently caress out

:agreed: completely with all of this