Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Halsin is the only one that can make the shadow cursed lands not a poopy avalanche of semen in-universe when you are done farting around there OP

He does that just fine from camp. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
BG3 from Halsin's perspective must be a trip. First he teams up with Aradin and the Beno Boys, gets involved in whatever disaster that is, spends a significant amount of time trapped as a bear, presumably escapes when a murder hobo shows up and murders the goblins, returns to his grove to find that it's a hot mess under Kagha's leadership/possibly dead. Then he waddles off to the shadow-cursed lands where he launches his solo expedition to the Shadowfell. Then in Act 3 he spends another indeterminate amount of time imprisoned by the Bhaalists. All of this in addition to whatever he does while actually in your party. Also he possibly has one or more threesomes during this period.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I know it's hypocritical but seeing a cat get killed horribly would gently caress me up a bit so thank gods for that big dumb meat shield say I

Just for reference I stopped playing Metro Exodus when a spider crawled across my helmet. You only see the aftermath like the crashed cart in Act 2. You do not see her prepare it. I honestly found the Act 2 Steelclaw memory more alarming because that was someone doing a dialogue choice and I was egging them on to "lore up".

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Morrow posted:

BG3 from Halsin's perspective must be a trip. First he teams up with Aradin and the Beno Boys, gets involved in whatever disaster that is, spends a significant amount of time trapped as a bear, presumably escapes when a murder hobo shows up and murders the goblins, returns to his grove to find that it's a hot mess under Kagha's leadership/possibly dead. Then he waddles off to the shadow-cursed lands where he launches his solo expedition to the Shadowfell. Then in Act 3 he spends another indeterminate amount of time imprisoned by the Bhaalists. All of this in addition to whatever he does while actually in your party. Also he possibly has one or more threesomes during this period.

returns home to find kagha's corpse and be a liberal about it like the rest of the druids

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

DeadlyMuffin posted:

He does that just fine from camp. :colbert:

:emptyquote:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Minor act 3 spoiler: I just read that there's an island with dinosaurs on it?!? How on earth do you get there?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Minor act 3 spoiler: I just read that there's an island with dinosaurs on it?!? How on earth do you get there?

(act 3) you have to win the genie's jackpot; the most straightforwards way for most parties is to pickpocket the mage hand ring he has on him, then play his game

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

How do so many people here have Halsin in their party lmao, I forgot he was in the flowchart above Yenna

I only did because I've got the party size expanded mod and so have everybody in my party at all times.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Black Noise posted:

I honestly found the Act 2 Steelclaw memory more alarming because that was someone doing a dialogue choice and I was egging them on to "lore up".

Playing as Durge: turbomurdering a bard? eating roast dwarf? Totally fine. Learning I kicked a cat? Genuinely made me wince. For me it's because that's such a mundane evil compared to all the other poo poo Durge did pre-lobotomy.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Moon Slayer posted:

I only did because I've got the party size expanded mod and so have everybody in my party at all times.

So it is an anti-mod tool

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

mycelia posted:

Playing as Durge: turbomurdering a bard? eating roast dwarf? Totally fine. Learning I kicked a cat? Genuinely made me wince. For me it's because that's such a mundane evil compared to all the other poo poo Durge did pre-lobotomy.

if you embrace that memory you do something much worse fwiw

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dallan Invictus posted:

I think purple/gold gear all deliberately costs multiple times more on HM, I'm running a Tactician game with Honour Features Unlocker (Ironman in this game just feels like asking for trouble but Legendary Actions make the boss fights way more fun - just finished Cazador yesterday and I'm literally keeping a save so I can go back and play it again without pre-emptively interrupting the ritual by having Shadowheart drop a miniature sun on his head before he can monologue at us) and some items in Act 3 were 10-15k to buy.

I get it, a lot of the feedback I saw was all "money has lost all meaning by the time you get to A3" and that is definitely no longer the case, I've never had more than 10k free gold at any point (I suppose I could Loot Harder but the inventory screen is enough of a pain that you know what, Karlach, you can wear a robe, that Bonespike Garb is just going to have to sit on the shelf in Rivington)

Caustic band is green except in HM though.

I guess it’s sort of a gift in the other modes to give even scrubs some easily acquired help.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just got to the Creche and god drat i love the Creche

1. Fairly easily acquired perma buff
2. Some decent items on the vendor
3. Some decent item drops
4. Tons of vender trash to boost your cash reserves
5. First legendary quest item
6. poo poo YOUR TROUSEL HOLES, SHOVEL IS HERE

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
throw barbarian is slightly nerfed because it relies on items, but tavern brawl monk/bear still works for the early stretch

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Forsythia posted:

For throwing-based builds: I'm long past the goblin camp, so I don't have access to that recommended throwing weapon. Are there any reasonably-obtainable alternatives in Act 2?

Returning weapons are cool but absolutely not necessary. Enraged throw means any weapon will do it's full weapon damage when thrown, so just carry around a mountain of normal weapons at all times. Save the spears and javelins for when you have to do normal throws.

The act 3 trident that everyone raves about can honestly be kind of a trap imo, you end up hurting your allies/friendly NPCs all the time if you're not careful. I accidentally permanently killed gale in my honor run when he was kidnapped and I blew him up with it when I was dueling Orin.

Schwawa fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 11, 2024

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When are you supposed to use improvised melee weapons?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm surprised we're talking about needless brutality in BG3 and nobody recalls you can kill three goblin kids when breaking Halsin out.

Moon Slayer posted:

I saw this mod, I imagine it breaks quest and banter scripts something fierce lol

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

once, with an enemies body, to get the achievement. I never bothered otherwise, never saw the point. Seems like a holdover from tabletop where you might be caught in a situation without a weapon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bird with big dick posted:

Just got to the Creche and god drat i love the Creche

1. Fairly easily acquired perma buff
2. Some decent items on the vendor
3. Some decent item drops
4. Tons of vender trash to boost your cash reserves
5. First legendary quest item
6. poo poo YOUR TROUSEL HOLES, SHOVEL IS HERE

I love how the creche is such a lovely hostile place full of gith who can't wait to kill you and Lae'zel is just like "this all is much too genial for my tastes."

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Act 3 Spoilers Iron Throne

Just beat Iron Throne on Tactician, I did not save every single Gondian. Two of them got focused down by Sahuagin and killed running back. I saved the Duke by throwing a potion at him, then dimension dooring him to safety while someone else killed spiders. I also realized that I wasn’t gonna make it back saving Omeluum, so I decided to play it out and see what happened. My Tav rescued Omeluum and then I was surprised to see that he could teleport us both back, but Astarion was still about 20m short. I should have had him use a Misty Step scroll or a Speed pot but I thought that run was screwed anyway.

The base blows up, everyone escapes. I turn the dwarf Captain over to the Water temple. I see Astarion is dead, but he has an icon on the map. He washed up on the beach so I hit him with a Revivify and he was back. No worse for the wear.

Honestly it was a lot of fun. I think if I was compelled to go for 100% and get everyone it would suck, but that doesn’t get you anything does it?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Azran posted:

I'm surprised we're talking about needless brutality in BG3 and nobody recalls you can kill three goblin kids when breaking Halsin out.

much like irl cats are seen as more human than races with which we are at war

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Jay Rust posted:

You can bash a goblin with another goblin and hurt both of them. It's fun if nothing else.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Saraiguma posted:

much like irl cats are seen as more human than races with which we are at war

Karlach is the only party member that points out the sorry lot of goblin kids but she’s perfectly made to hurl one of the little buggers into the other. Makes you think.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Halsin literally saves Thaniel from the Shadowfell to restore the lands, that’s the only way it happens

Oh I thought that was just some side thing. I don't remember it explaining that it does the whole job.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

space uncle posted:

Honestly it was a lot of fun. I think if I was compelled to go for 100% and get everyone it would suck, but that doesn’t get you anything does it?

Only the satisfaction of the npcs saying they're amazed you did it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Larian purposefully made the Gondians useless and actively suicidal to make it seem like Wulbren had a point.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Azran posted:

I saw this mod, I imagine it breaks quest and banter scripts something fierce lol

The opposite, it means you get to hear all of the banter between all the possibly party member combinations. It does bug a few things out, particularly map transitions, but those are easily fixed.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

It's 5 turns on Honour Mode. I've been able to get everyone out both times but I kinda sorta cheated a bit by respec'ing two of my party members to Monks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How is the dwarf edowin 's siblings two humans?

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I finally got the Fancy Footwork feat for beating Gortash without setting any traps.

I was determined to do it this run to get it out of the way, but before I could use any of the strategies I looked up, I had the whole second floor aggro on me while I was fighting the Flaming Fist in the doorway of the tower.

This happened 3 or 4 times in a row and the game kept crashing because the bad guys upstairs couldn't figure out what to do, but it finally made it through on an attempt where they figured out they needed to come downstairs.

It kept getting triggered by the spell casters upstairs hitting me with a counter-spell and then setting everyone off.

Instead of sneaking up the side or whatever, I just had a Hunger of Hadar, a Stinking Cloud, and a Black Hole running for everyone as they came down the stairs. Highly recommend. I'm not sure Gortash even did any damage to anyone.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I got the trophy that same exact way lmao just aggroed everyone down to the first floor

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

grack posted:

It's 5 turns on Honour Mode. I've been able to get everyone out both times but I kinda sorta cheated a bit by respec'ing two of my party members to Monks

It was 5 turns on Tactician for me too. I think I could do it if I tried it again, just need 1 more speed pot, misty step scroll, and invisibility scroll. But I don’t want to.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm at the bank in ACT 3 and just realized the fake Jaheira is doing the accent but it's different voice actor

Which is a pretty drat cool detail for something that has two lines

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

space uncle posted:

It was 5 turns on Tactician for me too. I think I could do it if I tried it again, just need 1 more speed pot, misty step scroll, and invisibility scroll. But I don’t want to.

you only need to speed up a sanced character to run to omeluum everything else is reachable with dashes pretty easily

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Approaching the end of act 2 I may abandon trying to keep Jaheira alive, I don't get why she's so weak and has missing spell slots so she can't even do all her stuff. Or why I can't use a scroll on her.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

It's OK to be upset at certain types of content in the media you consume, but saying that the person who put it in should be fired, i.e. a video game cat is more important than a real human, does not demonstrate to me that you are overflowing with empathy

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

Approaching the end of act 2 I may abandon trying to keep Jaheira alive, I don't get why she's so weak and has missing spell slots so she can't even do all her stuff. Or why I can't use a scroll on her.

You can convince her to join you in the fight so that you control her, then just have her hang back and periodically cast heals. I didn't find her very necessary to make it through, and that was as an ancients paladin who couldn't kill anyone beforehand without breaking my oath. It was kind of a slog, but just your four and the random Harper mooks are plenty to kill all the bad guys, and Jaheira doesn't get killed hanging out at the back.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Neorxenawang posted:

You can convince her to join you in the fight so that you control her, then just have her hang back and periodically cast heals. I didn't find her very necessary to make it through, and that was as an ancients paladin who couldn't kill anyone beforehand without breaking my oath. It was kind of a slog, but just your four and the random Harper mooks are plenty to kill all the bad guys, and Jaheira doesn't get killed hanging out at the back.

Ah the Harpers are all dead.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So one thing I did by accident for that fight was use Door Dimension on myself and Jaheria because I wanted to get the beam archers, but apparently that kept her out of danger forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Believe it or not it came in clutch one time when I got beat up on an honor mode run by goblins and instead of dying wound up in prison.