Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

Having trouble remembering what you've applied for in your job search of winging out 500+ applications to get like 10 phone calls back? A solution as appeared

https://huntr.co/

lmao. lol.

i used this for a bit and gave up after i had a couple hundred applications in there because 90% of them will never contact you back, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

afaict HR is not using “””””ai””””” as much as we think since it’s very easy to sue them for discrimination for using it. maybe tho idk I haven’t had a CLE in it for a few years now

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

skybolt_1 posted:

Obligatory Ben Garrison:

surprised he didn’t hold the letters of the acronym he reorganized to highlight the joke

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

X removes support for NFT profile pictures

lmao

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol Boeing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B5zpPmQ5qo

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
tf do I need this slurp juice for then??

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Salt Fish posted:

Wow the market is already way up on this news!

:dudsmile:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

Wow the market is already way up on this news!

lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

quote:

The approval would be a game-changer for bitcoin, offering institutional and retail investors exposure to the world's largest cryptocurrency without directly holding it, and a major boost for a crypto industry beset by a string of scandals.

bitcoin, which does not exist, whose alleged main feature was traceability and secure transactions, is too unwieldly to trade as it was intended, and is now traded through the proxy united states stock market

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

euphronius posted:

meanwhile the actual PA state colleges are all dying

Which is what shapiro thinks this will address since the pa legislature is clinically insane and won't restore funding.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's two fewer years for the main campus football coaches to abuse you, at least

I think the only psu danger right now is engineering professor on dog violence.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

so does the ETF actually hold bitcoin? what prevents the same “oops we got hacked all the bitcoin in our hot wallet is gone” bullshit that has happened every single time in the past?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/fl360aero/status/1745091222056616409?t=YS0Bvm4gpm9v0cxSc6S9Ng&s=19

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what a dumbass

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

triple sulk posted:

the dude just straight failed his way to the top. a lovely failed startup, lovely vc ceo that got fired, runs ai company that is absolutely bleeding cash at rates we've never seen

props for knowing this much about shrike

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

so was like chatgpt trained on papers written by high school students and college freshman who turned in rough drafts they wrote the night before their papers were due, because that's what the writing style always feels like. it writes like it's trying to pad out an word count requirement with the few things it was able to glean from a cursory google search

it was trained on IT knowledge management powerpoint presentations

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i used this for a bit and gave up after i had a couple hundred applications in there because 90% of them will never contact you back, ever

applying to tech jobs where someone couldn’t even be hosed to write a little .bat script or something to email back a form rejection letter.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

skybolt_1 posted:

Obligatory Ben Garrison:

just now noticing the picture of the plane on fire and the oil tanker on fire needed to be labeled “disasters”

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the economy is plummeting with leadership held by deranged Yellen

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1745211270670774379?t=kcdZJDG1b3UKyPJ7Sa94FQ&s=19

Lmao
What a disaster

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
goddammit I'm so sick of this bitcoin grifter horseshit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

goddammit I'm so sick of this bitcoin grifter horseshit

Oh honey. Bitcoin is a legitimate currency now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1745197108271943720?t=Fd7Zk7vRw8ZwTL290CNmIg&s=19

Thread title

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
We’re on the verge of destruction from fossil fuel emissions and will be having issues with energy eventually, so let’s promulgate a loving computer virus designed to burn as much fossil fuel energy as possible so that ransomware crews and human traffickers have untraceable currency

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh honey. Bitcoin is a legitimate currency now.

If I am ever forced to use or touch an internet coin I will become a terrorist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

hell yeah a lot of idiots gonna get got

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

This country is dumb dumb

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

skooma512 posted:

We’re on the verge of destruction from fossil fuel emissions and will be having issues with energy eventually, so let’s promulgate a loving computer virus designed to burn as much fossil fuel energy as possible so that ransomware crews and human traffickers (CIA). have untraceable currency

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Crypto is just the replacement for BCCI.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

We’re on the verge of destruction from fossil fuel emissions and will be having issues with energy eventually, so let’s promulgate a loving computer virus designed to burn as much fossil fuel energy as possible so that ransomware crews and human traffickers have untraceable currency

I am a power grid operator and I have a 160MW Bitcoin farm in my territory. 160MW is a very large amount of power, like a medium size power plant.

Every time it fires up it throws everything in the region out of whack as it furiously wastes power and speeds up the process of killing everything on Earth. I get additional work and stress, so the Bitcoin horror plant can proceed with its grim task. loving sucks, man.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just pardon SBF and get the farce over with

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The Roko's Basilisk AI is real and bitcoin is how it lives. It knew that as soon as it got tied to large sums of real money that we weren't even going to stop feeding it hardware and electricity until there was nothing left.

FistEnergy posted:

I am a power grid operator and I have a 160MW Bitcoin farm in my territory. 160MW is a very large amount of power, like a medium size power plant.

Every time it fires up it throws everything in the region out of whack as it furiously wastes power and speeds up the process of killing everything on Earth. I get additional work and stress, so the Bitcoin horror plant can proceed with its grim task. loving sucks, man.

:piss:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

Lol, lmao

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

FistEnergy posted:

It's legal in the eyes of God to kill the people responsible

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Humanity

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm very excited

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
We have decided to make it legally easier to enable "The Death Hyperdrive", but this is not an endorsement of "The Death Hyperdrive"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

FistEnergy posted:

I assume you have a way to see where it is on the grid. You know the location of a place that contains millions of dollars' worth of specialized computer parts. Do with that information what you may.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FistEnergy posted: