Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Huge fail by not just replying "Hell Yeah."

It's not a catch all to use in every social situations, but it works a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I use the ! iMessage reaction for ambiguous support-or-alarm cases

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Roundup Ready posted:

Just reminded me of a live show I worked on with one of the biggest CEOs in the world. Broadcast live to hundred of thousands of people. Was in a big, pretty atrium that happened to also have a kitchenette kinda area just out of frame. I literally put black and yellow caution tape over the microwave door, and while he was live, some jackass peeled the tape off and heated up his lunch. Pretty sure we had taped the whole area off as well.

Sorry, but while I can see why this would be a problem in your line of work, microwave man may in fact rule.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

I think I've told this story in a previous schad thread, but to contribute to caution-tape-trespassing-chat:
One of my entry-level poo poo jobs was working graveyard in a fast food place that was attached to a 24 hour convenience store/gas station. The owner had us shut down to paint everything one night, but the gas station was still open and there was no door between the two, so they piled chairs and strung caution tape through them to bind them together to create a probably hazardous barricade, and taped a big "CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS. OPEN AT 6AM" sign on it and the drive through. All the main seating area lights were off and all the chairs were blocking the entry.

Some guy comes over, breaks the caution tape, slides the chair barricade just enough to step through, walks up to the counter through the darkened seating area, and looks at us as we're all wearing overalls and standing on ladders while holding buckets of paint and paint rollers.

"Are you open?"

:ughh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/YAPaLIN.mp4

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A good chunk of the population are completely illiterate. These same people also have no spatial awareness.

Just bumbling around in a haze for 75 or so years.

These people somehow have jobs, drive cars, and even wear hats.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I mean, how else could it end?

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

How about some MyCrimes.tattoo
https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-gang-member-anthony-garcias-tattoo-murder-scene/story?id=13437545

quote:

Authorities relied on a chest tattoo that depicted the murder scene to apprehend and convict a California gang member for a deadly shooting.

[edit] This one has a pic of the tattoo https://www.cbsnews.com/news/calif-gangsters-tattoo-of-crime-scene-helps-solve-murder/

Tagra has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Jan 11, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

I see so many people riding these things around town, and I always wonder what they do at stoplights, but I never get the chance to see them at one.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

If that tattoo was used as a plot in a show or movie I wouldn't believe it, the tat is ridiculously detailed and also one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. For his sake I hope it's unfinished.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

credburn posted:

I see so many people riding these things around town, and I always wonder what they do at stoplights, but I never get the chance to see them at one.

One weird trick to get really good at track stands.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

If that tattoo was used as a plot in a show or movie I wouldn't believe it, the tat is ridiculously detailed and also one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. For his sake I hope it's unfinished.

At least they were able to use it to catch the guy who killed Mr. Peanut.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

credburn posted:

I wonder how you’re supposed to dismount normally, or mount in the first place

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

It's simple: you're born on the tallbike and you die on the tallbike*

*only one of these is guaranteed

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Being a moron and not wearing a helmet when you are 10 feet in the air with only the express route to the ground open helps those odds tremendously.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

credburn posted:

I think they're fixed gear so they can peddle back and forth to stay upright, like that unicycle freak.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

A good chunk of the population are completely illiterate. These same people also have no spatial awareness.

That all checks out.

Air Skwirl posted:

I think they're fixed gear so they can peddle back and forth to stay upright, like that unicycle freak.

Man that guy can eat a dick :mad:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Touch of schad on the drive home: had a fast-moving snowstorm come in. Weather service knew and a good close approximate time to when it would be hitting. Just in time for the evening commute, of course. Going home people were doing about 25-30 on the freeway which was fine, traffic was at least moving smoothly and safely. All of a sudden a highway patrolman comes up in the far left lane with lights and sirens going. About a half mile up the road was another HP vehicle and a big jacked up truck slid well off the road and halfway down the embankment. It's almost invariably 4x4's you see either smashed into the divider or in a ditch when bad weather hits because the concept of "being able to go does not equate to being able to stop" is completely foreign to them.

Also rereading this I realize that it sort of sets up the cop for having an accident and so I apologize for not being able to provide that particular schad.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Tagra posted:

I think I've told this story in a previous schad thread, but to contribute to caution-tape-trespassing-chat:
One of my entry-level poo poo jobs was working graveyard in a fast food place that was attached to a 24 hour convenience store/gas station. The owner had us shut down to paint everything one night, but the gas station was still open and there was no door between the two, so they piled chairs and strung caution tape through them to bind them together to create a probably hazardous barricade, and taped a big "CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS. OPEN AT 6AM" sign on it and the drive through. All the main seating area lights were off and all the chairs were blocking the entry.

Some guy comes over, breaks the caution tape, slides the chair barricade just enough to step through, walks up to the counter through the darkened seating area, and looks at us as we're all wearing overalls and standing on ladders while holding buckets of paint and paint rollers.

"Are you open?"

:ughh:

Re: the people who work at the spot I was talking about earlier.

The average REDACTED employee is the most oblivious, self centered person ever. Just walking through obvious shoots, not moving when you have giant gently caress off road cases that are too tall to see over, eating food that is clearly labeled for crew, etc.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

FreudianSlippers posted:

Imagine how stupid the average person is. Half the world is stupider than that.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Roundup Ready posted:

Re: the people who work at the spot I was talking about earlier.

The average REDACTED employee is the most oblivious, self centered person ever. Just walking through obvious shoots, not moving when you have giant gently caress off road cases that are too tall to see over, eating food that is clearly labeled for crew, etc.

Did you not cordon off the area for the shoot, with if not security then at least some locations people to shoo people away?

I've worked on film sets a small bit and I know how important it is to get the shot, yet I'm still on the side of the guy who saw his workplace kitchenette hazard'd off and decided you all weren't important enough to disrupt his lunch.

------

Edit for schaden content: Had a commercial with a dog in it, the dog handler had no other animals under her supervision. Over the radio we hear a "Uh, does anyone have eyes on the handler?" and sure enough the little mutt is eating the loving hero cake. They apparently got a good shot of him chowing down and the Agency (client) people loved it so it's all ok, but during all of this I hear my boss ask for her boss to switch to channel 2 and I eavesdrop: "Only one job" (In reference to the handler). Ill-trained mutt, lazy rear end owner who sells it to films as a trained animal (it is not), drat dog walks off of set every time it gets a whiff of new food arriving for the crew. I mean good for him the gluttonous little dope, he doesn't know any better.

Serephina has a new favorite as of 03:38 on Jan 11, 2024

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Grem posted:

Imagine how stupid the average person is. Half the world is stupider than that.

That's not how averages work.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sounds like something a person in the smart half would say :rolleyes:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Fuckups Georg, who stumbles through 10,000 wet cement patches per day, is an outlier and should not have been counted

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Depends on which average you mean

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Depends on which average you mean

:hmmyes:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

marshmallow creep posted:

Nice shill for Big Brains :argh:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Serephina posted:

Did you not cordon off the area for the shoot, with if not security then at least some locations people to shoo people away?

I've worked on film sets a small bit and I know how important it is to get the shot, yet I'm still on the side of the guy who saw his workplace kitchenette hazard'd off and decided you all weren't important enough to disrupt his lunch.

------

Edit for schaden content: Had a commercial with a dog in it, the dog handler had no other animals under her supervision. Over the radio we hear a "Uh, does anyone have eyes on the handler?" and sure enough the little mutt is eating the loving hero cake. They apparently got a good shot of him chowing down and the Agency (client) people loved it so it's all ok, but during all of this I hear my boss ask for her boss to switch to channel 2 and I eavesdrop: "Only one job" (In reference to the handler). Ill-trained mutt, lazy rear end owner who sells it to films as a trained animal (it is not), drat dog walks off of set every time it gets a whiff of new food arriving for the crew. I mean good for him the gluttonous little dope, he doesn't know any better.

Most of what I do is corporate video on site. When we're in the actual studios it's never an issue, but in a building with a bunch of people "working" there's only so much you can do. We'll set PAs to try to keep an eye on things, but in bigger spots there's a ton of areas to keep an eye on. Even had higher ups tell us we can't do pipe and drape in certain areas, not even rope it off. Annoying, but not really my problem.

Edit for bold. There's like half dozen of these in the same building, and it's the CEO of your company talking with a few hundred in the audience. Walk the extra hundred feet to another one.

Roundup Ready has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Jan 11, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

FreudianSlippers posted:

my god

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/I65zjE6.mp4

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Okay but that ladder loving sucks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If this thread has taught me anything, it’s that she got off light by not having the entire shelf of liquor collapse.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

credburn posted:

Seems like a light duty ladder being used by someone who's probably over the weight capacity and using it in a way that couldn't be designed to break it better if you tried.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

If this thread has taught me anything, it’s that she got off light by not having the entire shelf of liquor collapse.

I was staring daggers at the bottles, waiting to see them start to move. When she started bouncing on the ladder I would have put money on the shelf tipping over.

An old favorite:

https://i.imgur.com/NJLWdAG.mp4

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

credburn posted:

It's definitely funnier than some open mics I've seen :shrug:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's a very good ladder, in a situation where she was surrounded by shelves of alcohol in all sides, it failed in the only possible way that didn't knock over a single bottle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

What's the weight rating on that ladder? 20kg?

Looked way too frail for any adult to be using, let alone a large one.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Platystemon posted:

Actually it looks like she found the secret door the Liquor Burglar has used to sneak in and out of the store all these years :ninja:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What's the weight rating on that ladder? 20kg?

Looked way too frail for any adult to be using, let alone a large one.

The step ladder probably is rated to support her weight (barely)

it probably hasn't been rated to support her weight jumping on it repeatedly, and all the other punishment that it has taken over years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Business hack: If old stock isn't moving, sell it to the insurance company!