Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if a chiro does a good job it’s thru coincidence or they’re an apostate practicing physiotherapy under a different name

idk about osteopaths tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
some success

managed to almost halve my total cholesterol (which was fuckin sky high) with 80mg atorvastatin

switching to rosuvastatin to try n get even more benefits

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What about naprapaths?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

echinopsis posted:

if a chiro does a good job it’s thru coincidence or they’re an apostate practicing physiotherapy under a different name

idk about osteopaths tho

at the very least osteopaths are fully licensed docs in the us

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

an actual back doctor will almost never do anything and just give lots of advice for management and recovery, because spines are delicate and complicated

meanwhile chiros

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

aw drat i just noticed someone already posted the tweet i was thinking my about when i made that post

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blinkz0rz posted:

at the very least osteopaths are fully licensed docs in the us

so are american physicians

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What about naprapaths?

what

mystes
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What about naprapaths?
For a second I thought this said napthapaths so I guess I'm relieved

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
turning into a pile of dust :smith:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
What an odd snes collection.

mystes
May 31, 2006

goddammit

mystes
May 31, 2006

That reminds of a video from a couple years ago where a Japanese guy gives his daughter a switch for her birthday and he tries to tease her by saying the box might actually just have a gameboy in it and she's just like "what's a gameboy?" and you can immediately hear him die inside

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

:ohno:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

that yoshi nes game was weird

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

psiox posted:

turning into a pile of dust :smith:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
similarly:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh sorry, forgot I was in the olds thread... WHAT ABOUT NAPRAPATHS?!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
never heard of it

thought it was naturopathy said funny

something I like to consider : naturopathy could be a lot better, but anything good they ever had, medicine stole it for itself and made it illegal without a prescription

they only have the dregs left

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

naprapathy is to meat what ostepathy is to bones.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A co-worker went to the work doctor and they noticed one of his shoulders was like 10 cm higher than the other. They recommended a naprapath and it was fixed. IDK what that entailed.

If a doctor recommended me a naprapath or anything of the sort, I would report them to the authorities. I don't know if it's a crime but I don't care.

e: Meanwhile another co-worker gets massaged by a former olympic-level rower. He always seems quite fragile the next day at work. (Pictured below said masseur. President Kekkonen on the left was 181cm tall.)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 11, 2024

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

one time at roskilde festival i slept on the ground cause i lost my sleeping pad and got my back all hosed up

luckily we had a certified sports masseur in the camp, he fixed that right quick :)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

idk about osteopaths tho

i play board games w/ a chiropractor. he also does physical therapy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bone Crimes posted:

LMAO

Years ago I was on a business trip in London and had really bad Sciatica. No pain med touched it; It was agony. The only relief I got was when I squatted down. I had googled it, and all the recommendations were saying to walk around. So I went out walking around, and was crossing london bridge, and had to squat down every 50 feet or so as I crossed the bridge. I didn't want to look like a weird terrorist or public pooper, so I got my phone out and pretended to take 'artsy' pictures from my squatting position every 50 feet. Man, that was awful.

username/post combo

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

mystes posted:

That reminds of a video from a couple years ago where a Japanese guy gives his daughter a switch for her birthday and he tries to tease her by saying the box might actually just have a gameboy in it and she's just like "what's a gameboy?" and you can immediately hear him die inside

I went to a history museum in denmark and they had an exhibition of what was basically my bedroom when I was a teenager

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

orthopaedic surgeon at the fracture clinic said my foot is healing perfectly and I should be OK for the gym in 2 weeks. no follow-up needed, but he gave me his card in case “anything happened”? ok, sure

everyone else in that waiting room was like “both tibias” or “femur in 3 places, one spiral”, so I felt like a bit of a fraud sitting there

mystes
May 31, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

everyone else in that waiting room was like “both tibias” or “femur in 3 places, one spiral”, so I felt like a bit of a fraud sitting there
stolen pallor

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

smh next time hurt yourself better

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
theres a walk-in express ortho clinic here for stuff like that so the real broken folks get more attention. its very good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Subjunctive posted:

orthopaedic surgeon at the fracture clinic said my foot is healing perfectly and I should be OK for the gym in 2 weeks. no follow-up needed, but he gave me his card in case “anything happened”? ok, sure

i had a spiral on my fib near the ankle. it actually didn’t hurt much but that’s because it’s not weight bearing. thankfully it eventually got caught by second opinion because if a spiral worsens it fucks you up good

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

an actual back doctor will almost never do anything and just give lots of advice for management and recovery, because spines are delicate and complicated

when i first messed up my back in 2011 about a year later i found a doc who gave me cortisone in my facets and that was very welcome, nowadays i just get given a couple dozen valium which is also very welcome

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

i play board games w/ a chiropractor. he also does physical therapy

ask him to treat your IBS

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
got ibs just take loperamide imo

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

mystes posted:

stolen pallor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A co-worker went to the work doctor and they noticed one of his shoulders was like 10 cm higher than the other. They recommended a naprapath and it was fixed. IDK what that entailed.

If a doctor recommended me a naprapath or anything of the sort, I would report them to the authorities. I don't know if it's a crime but I don't care.

e: Meanwhile another co-worker gets massaged by a former olympic-level rower. He always seems quite fragile the next day at work. (Pictured below said masseur. President Kekkonen on the left was 181cm tall.)

i middle clicked on your weird moon translation and siri tells me that just me chiropractor so

echinopsis posted:

if a napra does a good job it’s thru coincidence or they’re an apostate practicing physiotherapy under a different name

idk about osteopaths tho