Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Not long to go now I reckon. Are we all ready?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Cactus posted:

I'm not and I've asked Team Cherry to hold off on releasing it for a few more years while I prepare myself. Hope everybody understands.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Cactus posted:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is this thread?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
silksong should be out any day now! any week and we'll be playing silksong. just a few months until silksong!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Fewer than months until it is 2 years late!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Waltzing Along posted:

What is this thread?

a miserable little vappourwave of shitshoe

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Waltzing Along posted:

What is this thread?

Bapanada.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:

Skrill.exe posted:

I'm not and I've asked Team Cherry to hold off on releasing it for a few more years while I prepare myself. Hope everybody understands.

I'm glad you did, saved me a phone call.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I started elden ring a few days ago and it seems pretty big so by the time I've finished that Silksong should be out.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Nice I've begun counting to a billion

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

If you do one number per second you'll be there for about thirty years

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
right in time for silksong

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anyone got an image of hornet doing a funny little dance?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cactus posted:

I started elden ring a few days ago and it seems pretty big so by the time I've finished that Silksong should be out.

it wont be

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Other than the original Prey, was there ever a game that was massive delayed for years and years but came out good or great? I'm trying to think. I can think of games with super troubled development, like most of the Resident Evils, but usually that was going on behind the scenes and poo poo. Other than Prey every game that was both known to be coming, and then delayed enough that people called it vaporware, ended up being at best middling, and more often an unplayable trashfire.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Metroid Prime 4 turned out fine

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Resident Evil 4 was first announced in 1999 and came out in 2005. Granted, they re-announced it in 2002, so it may have felt like a shorter timespan.
Team Fortress 2 was first announced in 1998 and came out in 2007.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
remember when final fantasy 12 held the world record for game longest in production when it took five years? what times

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Other than the original Prey, was there ever a game that was massive delayed for years and years but came out good or great? I'm trying to think. I can think of games with super troubled development, like most of the Resident Evils, but usually that was going on behind the scenes and poo poo. Other than Prey every game that was both known to be coming, and then delayed enough that people called it vaporware, ended up being at best middling, and more often an unplayable trashfire.

Metroid Dread : )

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

anyone got an image of hornet doing a funny little dance?

no such thing exists

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I mean RE4 is the greatest game ever made, but yeah, I wasn't aware they announced it that early. I thought more of that was ehind the scenes.

No Dignity posted:

Metroid Dread : )

Fair point, yeah. Dread was great.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I believe!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Been hearing this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

dying light 2 was supposed to be ok, never played it tho

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Do FF7 Remake and Breath of the Wild count?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
The System Shock remake took like eight years and went through some serious turmoil (and very publicly too) but by all accounts is excellent.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
It's like that famous Miyamoto quote: "a rushed game is bad forever, while a delayed game is also bad forever, but later". What a genius he was.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Anti-Tachyon posted:

It's like that famous Miyamoto quote: "a rushed game is bad forever, while a delayed game is also bad forever, but later". What a genius he was.

I don't think that's right, but I also think that the point of that post was to make me say that, so everyone's a winner. Even Samus.

Hornet's needle will be scratching our records before solstice I fukin feel it.

But I reckon well before. Like, soon.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

The vapourware shitshoe is almost upon us

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:

Cactus posted:

I don't think that's right, but I also think that the point of that post was to make me say that, so everyone's a winner. Even Samus.

Hornet's needle will be scratching our records before solstice I fukin feel it.

But I reckon well before. Like, soon.

The quote is correct but it's misattributed. Miyamoto did say it but he in turn was quoting game designer Fyodor Dostoyevsky (the guy who made Tetris).

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
RE4 is such a good example that it ended up as 2 really good games and I think one ok game (I've never played Haunting Ground)

Oh also if people are looking for nice, indie, Metroidvanias, a Momodora game came out today

https://x.com/r_rdein/status/1745356244007748044?s=20

I'd also really highly recommend Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight and Minoria by the same dev, even though that one didn't keep my attention like the others have

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shoehead posted:

RE4 is such a good example that it ended up as 2 really good games and I think one ok game (I've never played Haunting Ground)

Oh also if people are looking for nice, indie, Metroidvanias, a Momodora game came out today

https://x.com/r_rdein/status/1745356244007748044?s=20

I'd also really highly recommend Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight and Minoria by the same dev, even though that one didn't keep my attention like the others have

The Prince of Persia metroidvania demo drops today. At least on Switch it’s supposed to.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

SkeletonHero posted:

The quote is correct but it's misattributed. Miyamoto did say it but he in turn was quoting game designer Fyodor Dostoyevsky (the guy who made Tetris).

Whoah.

"Hey I'm just the guy passing on what the ten commandments are - I'm not the one that came up with them"

Mind blown.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Anti-Tachyon posted:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I forgot to mention, Star Citizen is the best game that has ever been delayed!

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

Cactus posted:

I forgot to mention, Star Citizen is the best game that has ever been delayed!

True, it's given me years of entertainment and I didn't need to spend a penny!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ya’ll not gonna post the most famous Miyamoto quote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Team Fortress 2 has to be the absolute pinnacle of vaporware shitshoe-itude. It was in development for 9 years and turned out amazingly.