Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

If we don't have a separate thread for Monopoly Go, anyone up for some sticker trading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Night Danger Moose posted:

If we don't have a separate thread for Monopoly Go, anyone up for some sticker trading?

Im up for trading, discord name: azhmira

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good boggle game?

I have been playing Word Hero for like three last 9 years but they just put out a massive update a few days ago so now if I wanna play more than a handful of rounds I have to either watch ads or pay a subscription fee. They also hosed up a bunch of other stuff like adding animations that are slightly longer than before so it fucks with your flow and adding a chat feature that didn't seem to work but based on the user taglines I was seeing on the leaderboards that's probably for the best.

And like I get it, we all need more money to live on this bitch of an Earth, but I noticed the played count dropped by like 150% already so I doubt this will work out for them.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I played a bunch of Ruzzle back in the day for my Boggle fix, don't remember if I bought no-ads or if they weren't bad at the time. For now I'm back into Microsoft Wordament which I like for the challenge variety and daily minigames.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MikeRabsitch posted:

I played a bunch of Ruzzle back in the day for my Boggle fix, don't remember if I bought no-ads or if they weren't bad at the time. For now I'm back into Microsoft Wordament which I like for the challenge variety and daily minigames.

Unavailable on my Pixel 7a, looks like it hasn't been updated in over a year.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Iirc Ruzzle is mostly 1 on 1, and I like that word hero was just everyone playing it competing live.

Play store says Wordament isn't compatible with newer versions of Android.

I think I might be boned on this....

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

It takes 2 to ruzzle

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone playing BitHeroes Quest?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Android gamer question, I've been obsessed with the idle game Magical Research which is actually surprisingly deep for what it is. Between this and Card Survival I just love complicated games with bad UIs.

The game has a system where the "idle" part gives you coins you can spend for 2x speed or research at a mid conversion rate, so it's much better to leave open. But that means I can't use other apps while it is running. If I quickly switch between apps it keeps going but otherwise it suspends and goes into idle mode. Is there any way to stop apps from suspending in that way, to just continually run as if they were active? Setting it not to sleep in the battery settings doesn't work

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 8, 2024

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Have not yet had time to try it, but apparently sequel to Buriedbornes was released today. Also out on Steam.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Nussygame.bbrpg2

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Brightman posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good boggle game?

I have been playing Word Hero for like three last 9 years but they just put out a massive update a few days ago so now if I wanna play more than a handful of rounds I have to either watch ads or pay a subscription fee. They also hosed up a bunch of other stuff like adding animations that are slightly longer than before so it fucks with your flow and adding a chat feature that didn't seem to work but based on the user taglines I was seeing on the leaderboards that's probably for the best.

And like I get it, we all need more money to live on this bitch of an Earth, but I noticed the played count dropped by like 150% already so I doubt this will work out for them.

no recommendations, but it's nice to know i'm not alone in my WordHero withdrawl suffering :negative:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BoldFace posted:

Have not yet had time to try it, but apparently sequel to Buriedbornes was released today. Also out on Steam.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Nussygame.bbrpg2

Came here to post this. :woop:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Oh no

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Almost beat the Minotaur in it, except that my summons ran out of charges and all I could do was jump around being acrobatic in front of him.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

delfin posted:

Almost beat the Minotaur in it, except that my summons ran out of charges and all I could do was jump around being acrobatic in front of him.

i beat the minotaur by getting a rune fpr 100% hit rate and pasting it on poison shot

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Yep, I've gotten by him and the Kidnapper in the Spire so far.

Flailing around to figure out what does what is half the fun of Nussy games.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I keep getting my health bar deleted by the Minotaur. I can't seem to out damage him at all. Ugh.

Just went up against him again with a level 17 warrior. I got two stacks in, a decent chunk of his first stack. He erased two full stacks of my health in two moves. Tremendously OP.

Leon Sumbitches fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 12, 2024

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I just finished the fifth dungeon (Temple, 10 floors).

Some general tips:

1) Don't be afraid to spend your soulstones; they reset on every trip. When you're given a random skill, equipment or rune, you can reroll it repeatedly and try for something good. Yellow items are uniques that have some funky benefits.

2) Pay attention to your stats and to what items and skills depend on them. That gold sword that sends Strength through the roof only does you so much good if all your skills are based off of Int. Something that does a huge percentage of your Explosion enhancement as damage isn't useful if you don't have Explosion enhancements -- and you probably don't. Look for synergies and items that benefit from them.

3) Thorns are useful for reflecting damage. Thorn Armor and/or Spiked Shield and a tanky build are one way to bring the Minotaur down -- let his meaty attacks kill himself.

4) Summons are rather useful. Let the enemy beat on someone who isn't you. Some skills have summons in their burst mode that you might not expect; like, Sword Dance turns into Dancing Sword.

For a reasonably accessible one that I really like, spend some of your early gold on the Sworn Solidarity Society. Fulfill a couple of quests, enough to get 300 union points, and upgrade their Living Quarters twice to get the Livelihood Support contract.

THAT gets you a handful of useful skills that you can craft in a dungeon for minimal soulstones. Wind Slash only costs 5 and is a useful Int-based attack. Tornado costs 10 and is an upgrade with additional burst forms. And Entangling Roots at 20 is the key, because that has a burst mode that summons a Spirit Wolf based on either your Dex or your Int, whichever is higher, and it is meaty and it is tough.

Not to mention Spirit Growth for 40, which if you cast it before you cast Spirit Wolf, increases its power.

I'm getting into a groove as an Elf Druid opening with Thorn Armor on each floor, then Backstep, which usually triggers burst mode and lets me cast Spirit Wolf and let him do the work. There are certain enemies who can dispel summons, and if your summon runs out of attack skills you may want to unsummon him and start over, but in general it's a good gameplan.

EDIT: Oh, and equipment color is only a general guide to its power. Yellow > Purple > Blue > Green > White in general, both in terms of raw numbers and in terms of modifiers, but the items also increase in power as you go deeper. A white on floor 3 might be more powerful than a blue you picked up on floor 1, in terms of boosting the stat you need most. Comparison-shop when making equipment choices.

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 12, 2024

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Hell yeah buriedbornes is BACK baby

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Anyone set up a Syndicate for bb2?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The prerequisite for a Syndicate is beating the Ancient King. I would be surprised if even diehards have managed that yet.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

delfin posted:

4) Summons are rather useful. Let the enemy beat on someone who isn't you. Some skills have summons in their burst mode that you might not expect; like, Sword Dance turns into Dancing Sword.

Just finished a run with summon zombie, which isn't great, but it's burst is summon ghost which destroyed everything and killed the fallen angel quickly.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Android gamer question, I've been obsessed with the idle game Magical Research which is actually surprisingly deep for what it is. Between this and Card Survival I just love complicated games with bad UIs.

The game has a system where the "idle" part gives you coins you can spend for 2x speed or research at a mid conversion rate, so it's much better to leave open. But that means I can't use other apps while it is running. If I quickly switch between apps it keeps going but otherwise it suspends and goes into idle mode. Is there any way to stop apps from suspending in that way, to just continually run as if they were active? Setting it not to sleep in the battery settings doesn't work

most android phones support two apps at the time time, but i think it tried it for magical research specifically because of that and if you go into the other app to do something it freezes the progress in the game

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've been playing a lot of Idle Apocalypse and Necromerger lately. Are there any other similar games with that level of polish and humor?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Circle Nine posted:

most android phones support two apps at the time time, but i think it tried it for magical research specifically because of that and if you go into the other app to do something it freezes the progress in the game

Yeah I tried that with my Samsung, doing dual frames for windows, and I'm not sure if it helped at all because both windows became unreadable. I was mostly wondering if there was an easy way to do it but doesn't sound like it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

When I was finishing up that game I simply used two devices.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

When I was finishing up that game I simply used two devices.

I can leave my phone on the charger and let it run continuously but doing that for what effectively becomes idle game bitcoin hurts my soul.

New Leaf posted:

I've been playing a lot of Idle Apocalypse and Necromerger lately. Are there any other similar games with that level of polish and humor?

I tried necromerger and idle apocalypse and I like both of them, the former to the point where I think I might just like merger games as a concept. I wish that there was more quality control on the play store where you can look at something and tell if it's a lovely money pump game or just a normal money pump game because I don't mind paying IAPs (don't look at my credit card bill please) but both of those games look like scams from their description alone and the reviews for even bad games are always stellar.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Idle Apocalypse is great but every time I pull it out, I end up shelving it again because of the pain in the rear end it is to tap those loving generators all the time.

And I agree about how annoying it is to filter out the absolute garbage. Sometimes I feel like the mere existence of an ad is a red flag.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Renegret posted:

Idle Apocalypse is great but every time I pull it out, I end up shelving it again because of the pain in the rear end it is to tap those loving generators all the time.

And I agree about how annoying it is to filter out the absolute garbage. Sometimes I feel like the mere existence of an ad is a red flag.

It's not even that there are ads, is that everyone uses the same splash pages for their storefronts, so figuring out which ones are legit and which ones are somewhere between misleading and straight up lying is nearly impossible. There is so much shovelware copy paste stuff of low quality that you can't discern it from anything, and tbh the average person playing these games is still giving it four stars. There's billions of (hopefully botted) 4 star reviews on games that are just unrelenting garbage.

Dipping into key shovelware markets like idle and merge games has made me really wish for more games on mobile that you can just, yknow, buy. Magical Research is nice because it's just an upfront cost, while every other game on the list is a treadmill.

Also yeah those generators IA are pretty rough. It's not bad but they burn down fairly fast and frankly the "idle" part of "idle Apocalypse" is pretty brutal with only a four hour window and 1/4ths efficiency at that.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 14, 2024

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

New Leaf posted:

You might like the dev's third game if you haven't checked it out already, Idle Mastermind. The gameplay will feel pretty familiar if you've played Idle Apocalypse for a while, though.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
For whatever reason I don't really like Idle Apocalypse or Necromerger but I love Idle Mastermind. I think I've been playing it for over two years at this point and I'm still not done which is kind of crazy. Don't know why I haven't gotten sick of it.

Tried to find similar games but what I found I think we're too complex to start for me, like maybe Mindustry or something like that.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Renegret posted:

This is why I bounced off it as well.

That and it feels like much less of an idle game because of all the balancing of what is active in each room.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Thanks, I'll give Mastermind a shot. And yeah, I played a lot of Necromerger before I even touched Apocalypse, I'm not entirely sold on it either but I'm giving it a fair shake.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Still working my way into BB2. The Forest dungeon is hanging me up, because the elites in its later stages are nasty.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I wish I understood literally anything in Buriedbornes. I'm taking 0 damage and swiftly murdering everything until I get to the minotaur, who kills me in like 5 turns.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Mine now freezes when I start it, in the middle of a run. Can't get to any menu of any sort

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Mine now freezes when I start it, in the middle of a run. Can't get to any menu of any sort

App info->storage->clear cache

if that doesn't work do Clear Data.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Push El Burrito posted:

I wish I understood literally anything in Buriedbornes. I'm taking 0 damage and swiftly murdering everything until I get to the minotaur, who kills me in like 5 turns.

Same, except seemingly random enemies.

Oh a bee, I've killed half a dozen of those this run, I'll just oh nevermind you get to dodge everything I do until I'm dead.

Ran into a rogue after killing a dozen and this one got like 4x the number of attacks and I barely won.

Hit some unknown, press a button once, am greeted with a solid five seconds of effects going off on me that I only survive because the button I pressed was parry, but fail to land a bit and die to the same infinite cascade of effects every round.

I didn't play much BB1, but drat this poo poo is incomprehensible and I have no idea what's important to pay attention to in fights. Somehow still fun enough to keep going back to try, though.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Who was it that mentioned Royal Match? I hate you.

I'm now on level 1,042.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

lol, I'm only in the 700s