Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Huh, that guy looks kinda like Tony Hawk!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
One of the guys that wrote the Stutter Rap back in the late 80s? Wow!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Karia posted:

Huh, that guy looks kinda like Tony Hawk!

mystes
May 31, 2006

:thejoke:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Reminds me of that joke where people keep telling Tony Hawk that he looks like Tony Hawk without realizing that he actually is Tony Hawk.

dumb. has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Jan 10, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I saw a funny tweet about that once but I can't find it right now

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

If anyone wants fresh eggs come over to my house

e: typed in wrong place. Offer still stands though

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

freeedr posted:

If anyone wants fresh eggs come over to my house

e: typed in wrong place. Offer still stands though

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/pWb2oNN.mp4

Siffl
Sep 3, 2011

... and that's how my Uncle John solved global pollution!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/sTAnV5z.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Father, I crave dirt.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Huh, that guy kinda looks like the one dude in the crowd in Weird Al's "Smells Like Nirvana" video. Weird coincidence

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

There are so many internet videos of roombas and they continue to sell lots of them, but I have seen like 8 roombas in real life and I have never seen one function in even a basic way, much less run far away autonomously. Roombas only spin in circles doing nothing or drive straight at walls or remain motionless and flash lights. Never anything else. Not for even a single second.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

"I'm going to clean up this town!"

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

freeedr posted:

There are so many internet videos of roombas and they continue to sell lots of them, but I have seen like 8 roombas in real life and I have never seen one function in even a basic way, much less run far away autonomously. Roombas only spin in circles doing nothing or drive straight at walls or remain motionless and flash lights. Never anything else. Not for even a single second.

The latest Roombas are pretty advanced but a significant price - lots of user personal information. Apparently a company can find out a lot about you if they have a robot exploring your home, taking pictures everywhere.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

freeedr posted:

You haven't had a friend with one tell you stories about smearing dog poop all through their place because they didn't think that could be a thing that happened until it happened to them?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Looks like it's time to be hittin' the ol' dusty trail...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Inceltown posted:

smearing dog poop all through their place because they didn't think that could be a thing that happened until it happened to them?

OK, first of all, don't doxx me like this. Second of all, the smeared poop on the floor was nothing compared to cleaning out the inside of the robot.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Why would roombas be smearing dog poop anywhere? You're not actually supposed to use them outside, despite what the video suggests.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

credburn posted:

Why would roombas be smearing dog poop anywhere? You're not actually supposed to use them outside, despite what the video suggests.

While you're gone your dog poops, and your robot vacuum wants to go everywhere in your house. Eventually this means hitting the dog poop, then the fun begins.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
There was an amazing video someone had of their dog taking a poo poo on the floor, and the roomba just beelined for it. Just zipping along their living room leaving this massive poo poo smear.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Why would the dog be making GBS threads in the house?

There's other problems happening if your dog is making GBS threads in your house.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Apparently the newest Roomba series can detect dog poop and avoid it, as well as send you a notification about said poop.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Why does the door have a little Roomba ramp?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

credburn posted:

Why would the dog be making GBS threads in the house?

There's other problems happening if your dog is making GBS threads in your house.

Dog gets sick, shits in the house.
You get stuck in traffic for a couple hours, dog shits in the house.
Dog doesn't like you, shits in the house.

There are myriad reasons why it could happen.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

CitizenKain posted:

Just zipping along their living room leaving this massive poo poo smear.

This is often a sign the roomba has worms

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

freeedr posted:

That's why we went with a Eufy, by Anker. It actually moves around the house, vacuuming, until it gets stuck under the loveseat. :smuggo:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Apparently the newest Roomba series can detect dog poop and avoid it, as well as send you a notification about said poop.

We at irobot invented tongues... for robots!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That's not good, nature abhors a vacuum.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

is that tony hawk?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Just vacuum your drat floors it's really not that much effort and you will get much better results

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Buttchocks posted:

Just vacuum your drat floors it's really not that much effort and you will get much better results

Roomba is just another invention like the Swiffer, where it's only slightly easier and more convenient than actually sweeping or vacuuming or mopping, but doesn't do anywhere near as good a job. Think of them as excuses people buy so they can not regularly clean their homes. Anyone who owns and uses a Roomba or Swiffer would otherwise mostly just live in filth.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
wtf why would a dog be INSIDE the house?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Roomba is just another invention like the Swiffer, where it's only slightly easier and more convenient than actually sweeping or vacuuming or mopping, but doesn't do anywhere near as good a job. Think of them as excuses people buy so they can not regularly clean their homes. Anyone who owns and uses a Roomba or Swiffer would otherwise mostly just live in filth.

Some houses could benefit.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

PainterofCrap posted:

Some houses could benefit.

Oh no, absolutely. Also to clarify, I owned a Roomba for several years which i'd let loose in my bedroom because there was too much furniture for me to clean effectively on a regular basis. It did... a job. I was given it brand new by my aunt and it lasted 4 years, and I'd have bought a replacement when it eventually died horribly but now they're all enshittified and require subscriptions and weird custom filters and things and I just didn't want to bother, so I have a higher bedframe and less furniture in the bedroom along with a better vacuum that reaches further. I also own a Swiffer (also a gift, this time from my mom who has dogs and thus a more legitimate use-case for it) that I use as a last-minute panic clean if I haven't mopped in a week and someone's coming over.

I still recognize that both do a terrible job, and when I properly clean afterwards I barely notice a difference in the amount that's picked up.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

duz posted:

That's not good, nature abhors a vacuum.

I need a gif that's like that sensible chuckle one, but less.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Buttchocks posted:

As someone who hates vacuuming: Lol no. Robot vacuum 4 lyfe! It lowers the threshold for bothering to vacuum so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'll vacuum but gently caress dusting. Give me a robot drone or something that can dust. Maybe burn it away with a little flamethrower. Dusting is such a scam.