Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
got new kitchen knives for christmas and today I sliced the hell out of my thumb while cutting something and boy was it a bleeder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

got new kitchen knives for christmas and today I sliced the hell out of my thumb while cutting something and boy was it a bleeder

reading this makes my skin crawl

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
avs lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I was thinking "these are sharp knives I probably shouldn't cut it like this" and before I finished the thought there was blood. a super tight bandaid has stopped the bleeding but really I should buy some of those cool zipstitches for next time

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
just cut better?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
skill issue

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i once smartly caught a new knife i dropped barehanded by reflex, luckily only sliced pinky as a realized as it was happening it was a bad idea and was opening my hand as soon as i was tightening it lol. finger gets stiff af from the inflammation but missed everything i think. fingers do be bleedin...

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
hoping you're pinching that grip

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
debated sharing how dumb I was being, because lol I was cutting a bagel toward my hand when it happened

never was a problem with my old dull knives

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
you dont have a bagel saw?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I used a bread knife I think. it was real big and serrated

copy
Jul 26, 2007

a palm-opener eh

copy
Jul 26, 2007

buddy of mine got me one of those trainer balisongs for christmas and im astounded that fidget spinners were ever popular in a world with these things

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
my trainer balisong is lonely

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

taste cold aluminum, worm

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

debated sharing how dumb I was being, because lol I was cutting a bagel toward my hand when it happened

never was a problem with my old dull knives

fwiw, bagel slicing is by far the most common knife injury at ERs

americans do be dumb when it comes to cutting bagels

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyways that reminds me, i bought one of those weeaboo hanzo japanese double-sided knife sharpener whetstones. been meaning to git gud at using it but i'm too forgetful to remember to soak it overnight. my knives are getting a little on the dull side. considered trying to get it sharpened by those fm stalls that do it but its too much $$$, they charge more than some of my knives are even worth

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Xaris posted:

fwiw, bagel slicing is by far the most common knife injury at ERs

americans do be dumb when it comes to cutting bagels

lol that owns and when this inevitably happens again and I end up in the ER this will be useful information

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

free to roam the Earth? check
free to roam their country? probably check
free to roam their providence? probably check
free to roam their neighborhood? maybe check
free to roam their occupancy? check
free to post online? check
free to post on SA (which is online, and delivers services to croups home, neighborhood, etc, all over Earth)? ....

see the problem ?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
my cell phone company charges for roaming

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

my cell phone company charges for roaming
skill issue

almost all of them have free roaming

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I use a whetstone and honing rod to make the worlds cheapest shittiest knives razor sharp. I sharpen them every so often while listening to podcasts. cheers

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

my trainer balisong is lonely

aw frig aw dang it posted:

lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Got a rejection email within 6 minutes of applying to a job that I was qualified for. I blame AI for this.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont usually eat bagels. they are nice to eat though.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Srice posted:

Got a rejection email within 6 minutes of applying to a job that I was qualified for. I blame AI for this.

I would love to get rejection emails rather than complete silence

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

I would love to get rejection emails rather than complete silence

Same, mostly annoying that they couldn't even pretend that a human looked at it by having it wait a day to send the rejection.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah at least with a rejection email you know you dont need to think about it anymore. 6 minutes after applying though is brutal, jesus. hope you can find something soon brother.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

yeah at least with a rejection email you know you dont need to think about it anymore. 6 minutes after applying though is brutal, jesus. hope you can find something soon brother.

thanks! :cheerdoge:

I'm hoping something comes along soon now that the holiday season is over, at least I've been getting interviews again.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

you are not ready, student

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Me using my first of non-lovely chisels for wood carving

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Epic struggle session

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Epic struggle session

how bout a movie where it's like Rodney Dangerfield helping all the young communists in China do the cultural revolution

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

anyways that reminds me, i bought one of those weeaboo hanzo japanese double-sided knife sharpener whetstones. been meaning to git gud at using it but i'm too forgetful to remember to soak it overnight. my knives are getting a little on the dull side. considered trying to get it sharpened by those fm stalls that do it but its too much $$$, they charge more than some of my knives are even worth

the butcher department at the grocery store near me does knife sharpening

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did you refuse a background check or drug screen because a lot of systems will throw you out automatically if you do that. the other thing that could have happened is your job application reminded them that they needed to take down the job posting

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Al! posted:

did you refuse a background check or drug screen because a lot of systems will throw you out automatically if you do that. the other thing that could have happened is your job application reminded them that they needed to take down the job posting

one time, after talking to a recruiter who was like "please apply for this job", i got an auto rejection like five minutes after applying. turns out i misread the "are you authorized to work in the US" part of the application and indicated that i would need visa sponsorship lol. thankfully the recruiter went into the HR system and changed that... but then i didnt get the job anway so who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Eagerly awaiting 15 January, when Ohtori falls outside of the two week chain probe window.