Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Jesus, it's uncanny, so it is.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Ah yes the Prius mega evolution

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Honda has some new EV concepts, I like the sci-fi vibes quite a bit:

It is a neat design but...all I see in profile is someone stapling the front of a Murcielago to the back of a Diablo.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 10, 2024

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dodge is going all “last call” on the Durango. The first one is a 392 SRT with some yellow accents as an almost 4K package. Dealers will mark them up 10k and they will sit on lots forever.

Looks like it gets the hellcat splitter, "unique" stripe and yellow calipers.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/ar...ngo-models.html

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 10, 2024

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It seems like half of the dodge dealer's lots here are Wagoneers right now.

Looking at their website, they still have 2022s.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

What the gently caress is Dodge planning on selling to everyone once everything is Last Called out? The 1500?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Franco Caution posted:

What the gently caress is Dodge planning on selling to everyone once everything is Last Called out? The 1500?

Hornets lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Franco Caution posted:

It seems they're going for 1 vehicle per brand.

Dodge Hornet
Chrysler Pacifica
Ram truck
Fiat 500e

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I drove a Tonale the other day and really liked it, but one Alfa in my driveway is enough.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Powershift posted:

Dodge Hornet
Chrysler Pacifica
Ram truck
Fiat 500e

RAM has at least 4 models I can think of that are definitely continuing for at least the next few years:

Promaster
1500 Classic, which is a completely different truck.
2500/3500

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It's really funny, because of the 1500 Classic, technically the last vehicle to ever be sold with a 5.7 Hemi is going to be a 2008 Dodge Ram.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Franco Caution posted:

People like Jeeps still

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Franco Caution posted:

The new "Stealth"

Surprise! It's a crossover!

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Failson posted:

The new "Stealth"

Surprise! It's a crossover!

They could bring back DSM / Eagle.
The Dodge Stealth. It's a badge engineered Mitsubishi EclipseCross.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

McTinkerson posted:

They could bring back DSM / Eagle.
Yes

quote:

The Dodge Stealth. It's a badge engineered Mitsubishi EclipseCross.
Heretical words

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Powershift posted:

Dodge Hornet
Chrysler Pacifica
Ram truck
Fiat 500e

The Charger is coming back as an EV

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

david_a posted:

The Charger is coming back as an EV

Good name for an EV, to be fair

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

They’re going to put the Hurricane in a charger as well as the EV. I wouldn’t be shocked if they had one with some sort of hybrid out of the hornet as well.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I hope the Challenger comes back with a Hornet.

I had an Olds in college and I miss a big boat car ok.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d posted:

Good name for an EV, to be fair

How are you gonna charge it though?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

mobby_6kl posted:

How are you gonna charge it though?

You use an official Dodge Charger Charger (by Dodge.)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Dodge SRT 60A DC Charger Thunder Cat Red-eye X-Fast Charger

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bat Pack.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46317501/2025-vw-golf-gti-prototype-revealed/

quote:

There will be no manual transmission offered, as VW confirmed 2024 would be the last year for the three-pedal GTI.

Several changes are coming to the hot hatchback for the 2025 model year, including revised headlights and taillights and a significantly larger touchscreen infotainment system inside that offers updated software that uses a ChatGPT-powered voice assistant.

I think one of my biggest "turn offs" with voice tech in cars is you have to use very specific key phrases, so maybe GPT will allow for more natural speech to control things?

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
As an AI language model I cannot unlock your doors

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

"VW rip the handbrake so i can do a sick drift"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Can't wait for when passengers tell the car to do dumb poo poo while driving, like loving with an Alexa in somebody's house

Every time I go in my brother's house I tell his Alexa to play the Poop Song by the Toilet Bowl Cleaners, gonna have to do that in cars now

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sab669 posted:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46317501/2025-vw-golf-gti-prototype-revealed/

I think one of my biggest "turn offs" with voice tech in cars is you have to use very specific key phrases, so maybe GPT will allow for more natural speech to control things?

Do not want

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Can't wait for when passengers tell the car to do dumb poo poo while driving, like loving with an Alexa in somebody's house

Every time I go in my brother's house I tell his Alexa to play the Poop Song by the Toilet Bowl Cleaners, gonna have to do that in cars now

This is my go-to song for queuing up when I want to annoy my wife.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4xZvXb5O5ERh4tgTSSqToe?si=zDL63dDuQtGhtw_SVZ8Lmg

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Sab669 posted:

I saw a demo on YouTube and the Chat GPT and VW voice commands a separate from each other. So when you ask the car to perform some function (adjust temperature, navigation, turn in seat heaters, etc.) that’ll use the built in VW voice commands. If you ask a more general question (restaurant recommendations, general knowledge type question, etc.) then the system will access Chat GPT and it starts off those responses with “According to Chat GPT…”.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mr. Apollo posted:

I saw a demo on YouTube and the Chat GPT and VW voice commands a separate from each other. So when you ask the car to perform some function (adjust temperature, navigation, turn in seat heaters, etc.) that’ll use the built in VW voice commands. If you ask a more general question (restaurant recommendations, general knowledge type question, etc.) then the system will access Chat GPT and it starts off those responses with “According to Chat GPT…”.

Hallucinations are funny when you are messing with an LLM on your computer, it's probably a lot less funny when it makes a restaurant's hours up.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Full Collapse posted:

Heretical words

I thought I was still in the Darktide thread for a moment.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

The Dodge Dodge Charger Charger

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

The Dodge Dodge Charger Charger

I think Ferrari has this naming convention copywritten already with the Ferrari TheFerrari

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

Oh, that's stupid. I mean I guess I'm not surprised integrating it to control actual car things is probably a lot harder, but I don't really see what value that offers over just general Siri / OK Google assistance.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There is none. Industry loves to invent solutions to solved problems and add an extra layer of complexity in order to try and appear innovative and make a few dollars.

See also the company selling a $200 gadget that 'learns' the way you use apps and is effectively just another, less capable mobile device that you need to pay for a service for also.

https://www.engadget.com/rabbit-r1-is-an-adorable-ai-powered-assistant-co-designed-by-teenage-engineering-001051537.html

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Here's a clip showing how the Chat GPT works. It starts at about 5:38.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1NOKptf2Xw&t=338s

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

https://www.engadget.com/hertz-is-selling-20000-evs-and-replacing-them-with-gas-powered-vehicles-153302670.html?src=rss&guccounter=1

quote:

It claimed that "expenses related to collision and damage, primarily associated with EVs, remained high" in the most recent financial quarter, "thereby supporting the company’s decision to initiate the material reduction in the EV fleet."

I feel like this is being disingenuous. Their fleet was Teslas. The expense in collision repair stems from them being Teslas, not EVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bull3964 posted:

https://www.engadget.com/hertz-is-selling-20000-evs-and-replacing-them-with-gas-powered-vehicles-153302670.html?src=rss&guccounter=1

I feel like this is being disingenuous. Their fleet was Teslas. The expense in collision repair stems from them being Teslas, not EVs.

Buried in the details also is that their Tesla fleet was mostly used for Uber driving, not normal rentals, so these things lived an even harder life than most rentals.