Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Echoed. That’s very pretty

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Is that up around Golden Bay/Abel Tasman?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

Is that up around Golden Bay/Abel Tasman?

Nope, start of the Mercer bay cliff walk on the west coast of Auckland.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Very nice

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

y'all are killing it lately, i'd quote like the entire last page or two but i can't even choose what i like most

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

313A4792 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A4763 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A4756 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kickass. Fun subject and great framing

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

That's the good stuff, repetition.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Hot drat

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Darkness at the end of the tunnel. I love it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

313A5112 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5103 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5128 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5207 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5215 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

hell yeah

LOVE the boiler (?) one. I really like the framing/composition on the last one but kinda want more contrast or blacks, looks like it was overcast and like the middle of the day though so i get it.

bit of a grab bag from me today

field balm fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 6, 2024

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

field balm posted:

I really like the framing/composition on the last one but kinda want more contrast or blacks, looks like it was overcast and like the middle of the day though so i get it.

Thanks for the feedback! I agree that I needed more contrast. Here's a better take

Your "grab bag" is a lot of fun to look at, all of them good. The first one is very captivating. How did you get that perspective? I love the grain of the film and the way the people are so spread out. It was definitely not a warm, popular day to be at the beach. Combined with the towering buildings, it's a great photo.

Wonderful composition in the last one. The lighting, the shapes, the contrast is all spot on.

313A5173 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr'

313A5157-Enhanced-SR by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5142 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5185 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

blue squares fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 6, 2024

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Really dig this, but I would fix the vertical lines.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

theHUNGERian posted:

Really dig this, but I would fix the vertical lines.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

:five:

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Feeling a bit dark here lately so here's some images along that line. Also, to the goons that have commented on Flickr: sorry that I haven't noticed it, I pretty much just use Flickr for free hosting so I never actually look at notifications or anything. Appreciate the comments though!

Untitled by C M, on Flickr

Clayton Bigsby fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 7, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Can't decide on a crop for this. The lighting was pretty flat today but I like the scene.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

1 but more space on the left and right. They both feel cramped but in opposite directions.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

blue squares posted:

Thanks for the feedback! I agree that I needed more contrast. Here's a better take

way better! great photo

blue squares posted:

How did you get that perspective?

there's a convenient cliff with a lookout just there lol

Your pic with the duck in it is awesome, I love that you cut off the sky/horizon

absolutely sublime, huge fan of this one.

i got back the roll of film (kodak gold 200) i stuck in a pentax pc100, it looks like poo poo but its kind of fun. its a fixed focus/focus free lens with one shutter speed (i think 1/100), so i took one picture of some ducks that was sharp but everything else is kind of out of focus and over exposed lol. oh well, only editing i bothered with is some cropping. I think I'll just use it for family and friends stuff, some of the flash pics i took with it on christmas came out nice enough.

by far my favourite image from the roll is this one of my niece:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

some birbs for the thread

e: and some trees

hell

friggin

yeah

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 8, 2024

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

cozy

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

some birbs for the thread

Dig this one and will contribute some more birbs for the thread. Any of you guys shoot anamorphic lenses? For some reason I've gotten in my head that it could be a cool thing to have for landscapes. drat things are a bit costly though.

IMG_9833 by C M, on Flickr

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Dig this one and will contribute some more birbs for the thread. Any of you guys shoot anamorphic lenses? For some reason I've gotten in my head that it could be a cool thing to have for landscapes. drat things are a bit costly though.

IMG_9833 by C M, on Flickr

Love this!! The birds add so much

313A5451 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5399 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5432 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A5456 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So good! What aperture did you use? They look so sharp from front to back. Or multiple photos blended?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My only comment is the top one has a fencepost along the bottom edge (left of center) that looks like an eyelash fell on a negative.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Love these and geeze they are sharp as hell. I know we don't discuss much gear here, but I am a bit curious what you shot these with.

Took the drone out at lunch today, finally started getting a little warmer so I could fly it. Had it out in -12 last week and the internal barometer had many complaints which made me not trust flying it at that point. -2 today which worked fine. It's interesting trying to do landscape type stuff with the constraints of a smaller sensor (in exchange for an otherwise difficult to achieve perspective).

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

blue squares posted:

So good! What aperture did you use? They look so sharp from front to back. Or multiple photos blended?

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Love these and geeze they are sharp as hell. I know we don't discuss much gear here, but I am a bit curious what you shot these with.

Those were on a Nikon D750 and 85 1.8 all at f/8. The middle one is a pano of about 5 images.

xzzy posted:

My only comment is the top one has a fencepost along the bottom edge (left of center) that looks like an eyelash fell on a negative.

Oh my god I hate you for pointing that out.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Amazing stuff!

To add:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

:drat: y'all!

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.