Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
lmao if you actually clean like what? just move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Unperson_47 posted:

I'll vacuum but gently caress dusting. Give me a robot drone or something that can dust. Maybe burn it away with a little flamethrower. Dusting is such a scam.

its your skin flakes though

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Most of it isn't though.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gromit posted:

Most of it isn't though.

Well technically, it's mostly your skin flakes passed through the digestive tracts of thousands of dust mites, but potat-oh potah-to.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Best thing I ever brought for cleaning was a cordless stick vacuum. Now I'll just clean on a whim when I see anything on the floor.

No more grabbing a big, heavy vacuum, finding somewhere to plug it in and dealing with the cord getting stuck on everything and not being long enough.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

PainterofCrap posted:

Some houses could benefit.

Guess the floor gets swept whenever a new body is dragged down the hallway

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Best thing I ever brought for cleaning was a cordless stick vacuum. Now I'll just clean on a whim when I see anything on the floor.

No more grabbing a big, heavy vacuum, finding somewhere to plug it in and dealing with the cord getting stuck on everything and not being long enough.

Stick vacuums own. We had a Eufy and it was fine, but there truly is a mental hurdle that is SO EASY to clear when you can just grab the vacuum off the wall, take 45 seconds to vacuum an entire room, and put it back.

It’s kinda astonishing how you go from “I guess maybe on the weekend I’ll fuckin vacuum, UGH” to just doing it when stuff looks a little dirty so quickly.

Buy a good stick vacuum folks.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My stick vacuum does the whole house usually twice per day. I get the big vacuum out for deeper cleanings though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

freeedr posted:

My stick vacuum does the whole house usually twice per day. I get the big vacuum out for deeper cleanings though.

Ditto. For some reason my 3yo calls the stick vacuum "Mommy's vacuum" and the big one "Daddy's vacuum"

It's cute but has no basis in real-world use

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Ditto. For some reason my 3yo calls the stick vacuum "Mommy's vacuum" and the big one "Daddy's vacuum"

It's cute but has no basis in real-world use

At least he doesn’t call mommy “daddy’s vacuum”

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

freeedr posted:

At least he doesn’t call mommy “daddy’s vacuum”

Please. We all know that Mommy is "Uncle Jody"'s vacuum

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SgtScruffy posted:

Buy a good stick vacuum folks.
link to some then!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lol: My housemate & his dog came back from a road trip yesterday and this morning I wake up to him gone for work but his dog having pooped & peed on the living room carpet. :negative:

At least the turds were very solid so they were easy to pick up. Once she had a panic diarrhea that was :gonk: to clean. If I had a robot vacuum it may have been… an adventure.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

My favorite incontinent-dog story came from a co-worker; he had some tiny chimney-sweep dog that would freak out during summer thunderstorms when he wasn't home, and run in a panic through the house, making GBS threads while he ran.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I also had a roomba when I lived in a tiny bachelor hovel but now I have a real apartment and a stick vacuum. Not only did the roomba not do as good a job, you spent just as much time and effort clearing its path of all the things it will eat and then jam on and have to be rescued (power cords, shoelaces, lost napkins, etc). I also had a couch that was exactly the right height for it to slip under without triggering the bumper and then get stuck halfway when the casing gets a few millimeters taller

The stick vacuum is also capable of cleaning stairs, which no roomba will ever do

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
We've got a Roborock robot and it just drives through the house once a day and dumps the dirt into its dock so you can take it outside once a week. Keeps the floor at a base cleanliness level without any effort. And its pretty impressive how many dirt it collects everyday in a house with two kids and three cats. A great thing is that it cleans underneath the sofa and under other furniture.
It also tries to dodge stuff like cables, shoelaces and poop so it barely gets stuck unless your house is pretty chaotic anyway.

We've also got a cordless stick vacuum for when you want to get stuff clean the robot cant reach. But we barely touch it cause the robots doing a pretty good job on its own.

It doesn't really need to be an either/or situation! There can be room for two vacuums in your heart!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I have a Eufy and it's great for cat hair. Then the cat pooped on the carpet. Now I have to get a new Eufy because it is not easy to get poop out of all of that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

eating only apples posted:

I have a Eufy and it's great for cat hair. Then the cat pooped on the carpet. Now I have to get a new cat

Just a thought

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

PainterofCrap posted:

My favorite incontinent-dog story came from a co-worker; he had some tiny chimney-sweep dog that would freak out during summer thunderstorms when he wasn't home, and run in a panic through the house, making GBS threads while he ran.

The trick is to adopt a deaf dog like I did. She doesn't got bothered by poo poo like that so we don't get panic shits all over the house.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Gromit posted:

I need a gif that's like that sensible chuckle one, but less.

Yeah, like a "nose exhale" gif

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

haveblue posted:

I also had a roomba when I lived in a tiny bachelor hovel but now I have a real apartment and a stick vacuum. Not only did the roomba not do as good a job, you spent just as much time and effort clearing its path of all the things it will eat and then jam on and have to be rescued (power cords, shoelaces, lost napkins, etc). I also had a couch that was exactly the right height for it to slip under without triggering the bumper and then get stuck halfway when the casing gets a few millimeters taller

The stick vacuum is also capable of cleaning stairs, which no roomba will ever do

Look on the bright side, when the robot revolution comes you are protected

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Gromit posted:

I need a gif that's like that sensible chuckle one, but less.

Tree Bucket posted:

Yeah, like a "nose exhale" gif

You’re just looking for the Cary Elwes Men In Tights speed bump gif.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

Robots go UNDER the stairs silly.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Cable Guy posted:

Robots go UNDER the stairs silly.

And tear up the insulation to let them in there? Are you mad?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

mcbexx posted:

Well technically, it's mostly your skin flakes passed through the digestive tracts of thousands of dust mites, but potat-oh potah-to.

I thought the prevailing opinion now was that it is mostly pollen and cloth fibres?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I just replaced the lovely roomba with a ryobi stick vacuum and haven't pulled out our big rainbow vacuum in weeks now. Stick vacuums own.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Is the point of a stick vacuum that you randomly grab it like once a day and do a room? Not really for doing a whole house/apartment in one go?

e: I only ask because I've heard battery life is middling

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

ilmucche posted:

Is the point of a stick vacuum that you randomly grab it like once a day and do a room? Not really for doing a whole house/apartment in one go?

e: I only ask because I've heard battery life is middling

Both, though the former is what gets your house feeling cleaner. No more "ugh the kitchen has a bunch of poo poo on the floor, I should totally get the vaccuum out, but ugh then I might as well do more", just grab it, vaccuum, and put it back. I'll sometimes go "well, time to get this whole floor while im at it", but now that I think about it I don't think I've ever done the whole house in one swoop. I've also never had the battery run out.

Captain Invictus posted:

link to some then!

I use a Tineco A11. It looks like it has a $100 off coupon on amazon right now: https://www.amazon.com/Tineco-Cordless-Lightweight-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B09NBCTK79

This Tineco was the Wirecutter's pick at the time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CDQ52TB

Otherwise, the Wirecutter (see a pattern in how I choose things?) picks an expensive Dyson as their current pick
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-cordless-stick-vacuum/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thanks, I'll try one of those out!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Cool I might look into one then. Seems a lot more convenient

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/tpDNiGd.mp4

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

No hot dogs, just Ambrosia.

What's a good gif host besides imgur and giphy? They sometimes change my gifs into vids and I can't share them here.

Helluva has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Jan 12, 2024

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Helluva posted:

No hot dogs, just Ambrosia.

What's a good gif host besides imgur and giphy? They sometimes change my gifs into vids and I can't share them here.

just post the link to the video in [url] tags, it'll embed.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Gun:drat:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Geemer posted:

just post the link to the video in [url] tags, it'll embed.

Better yet, put it in [video] tags and it will embed for people on phones too

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

That only works if you're an app user. Url tag version embeds fine on mobile browser.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Or just change the Imgur link extension to .gif and it will put the gif version here if that’s what you want.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/GIuPpGh.mp4

Source:

https://i.imgur.com/7vZUSup.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Can't speak for the ios app, but it won't embed on any other platform if you do that. Url tags are correct.