Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

found it very satisfying leeching a turn 5 beast deck focused on vulture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

CapnAndy posted:

Great Portal is not a very good location. I already have stuff I want to do on Turn 6, SD, thank you.

Have you considered Morph?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Skippy McPants posted:

Only a few days into it, and I already hate this meta more than any since returning to the game. Stuff I enjoyed, like Loki or Sera Control, is ded and everything playable is some variation of Play Big Idiots On Curve. Oh, and I guess Destroy. Bleh.

I can handle Blob and Destroy, but I am loving done with Evo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So what is the Loki deck now? Mine is basically just a Collector deck so I need to rework it

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Mostly the same thing, just with Quinjet and Dino.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

I made a couple changes to the shutdown all-tech deck posted a few pages back.

replaced legion with legion 2.0: quake, and lizard with jeff.

not 100% sold on the second change as disenchanting lizard later in the game has worked well:

# (2) Shadow King
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Quake
# (2) Maximus
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Mobius M. Mobius
# (3) Gladiator
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdsYWRpYXRvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9iaXVzTU1vYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXNNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFkb3dLaW5nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVha2UifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

molt streaming this updated deck now on twitch/YouTube

https://twitch.tv/molt

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The invisible Woman and Mojo bundled today includes 4,000 (3,000 was expected) for 4,200 gold. Which is the peak gold to token ratio (0.8) for the foreseeable future and matches the ratio, if not quantity, expected in the Christmas bundle - which unfortunately was revamped before launch.

Edit: And the timing is awkward, in that it's just a week before that expensive Kazar bundle with 6,000 tokens for 7,500 gold. Which is a worse ratio than this bundle but still much better than a token Tuesday.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 11, 2024

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
let's call a spade a spade... they def. are gonna gently caress with that bundle too. they just can't help themselves at this point.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Does anyone want any S4/5 cards nerfed? They usually nerf the last card I bought with tokens and I've got enough now.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can't seem to find a deck I'm feeling this week. The Ms Marvel change feels bad.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Ms marvel needed the rear end kicking. She's honestly pretty fair now and is pretty strong even hitting one lane (see klaw)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I can't seem to find a deck I'm feeling this week. The Ms Marvel change feels bad.

It's not just Ms. Marvel. They've really gone whole-hog with gutting every scaling threat and sub-5-cost stat stick in the game. Like, since Nov. they've directly or indirectly nerfed Angela, Elsa, WWBN, Collector, Ms. Marvel, and Dark Hawk.

None of those nerfs were unjustified in isolation (except for Angela), but the end result is a meta where only the decks slamming giant beef sticks on 5/6 remain. It's tremendously bland, and it can't end sooner enough. I really, really hope they pull out their new ability to change text in OTAs to shitcan blob. Thanos and Shenaut alone are over 25% of the meta.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Fate Accomplice posted:

where'd you see the spotlights for April? marvelsnapzone ends at end of march

I made a couple changes to the shutdown all-tech deck posted a few pages back.

replaced legion with legion 2.0: quake, and lizard with jeff.

not 100% sold on the second change as disenchanting lizard later in the game has worked well:

# (2) Shadow King
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Quake
# (2) Maximus
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Mobius M. Mobius
# (3) Gladiator
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdsYWRpYXRvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9iaXVzTU1vYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXNNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFkb3dLaW5nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVha2UifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

this deck with abs man is really funny because you can throw out a bunch of tech on T6, or if you need to clear two lanes vs. someone with caiera, you can enchant + shang + abs

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Does Lady Sif prioritize Hela or something? I could have all four of my 6 drops in hand and it’s Hela everytime. When this deck works it’s pretty nutty but it is in no way consistent.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Concurred posted:

this deck with abs man is really funny because you can throw out a bunch of tech on T6, or if you need to clear two lanes vs. someone with caiera, you can enchant + shang + abs

interesting, who did you take out for abs man?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Does Lady Sif prioritize Hela or something? I could have all four of my 6 drops in hand and it’s Hela everytime. When this deck works it’s pretty nutty but it is in no way consistent.

It's 50/50, in that 9 times out of 10, she kills Hela.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Skippy McPants posted:

It's not just Ms. Marvel. They've really gone whole-hog with gutting every scaling threat and sub-5-cost stat stick in the game. Like, since Nov. they've directly or indirectly nerfed Angela, Elsa, WWBN, Collector, Ms. Marvel, and Dark Hawk.

None of those nerfs were unjustified in isolation (except for Angela), but the end result is a meta where only the decks slamming giant beef sticks on 5/6 remain. It's tremendously bland, and it can't end sooner enough. I really, really hope they pull out their new ability to change text in OTAs to shitcan blob. Thanos and Shenaut alone are over 25% of the meta.

Play Ongoing Thanos Zoo. Nothing like having your opponent build up for a big turn 6 play only to have it Valkyrie'd into nothing. You also get to abuse Blob yourself.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Fate Accomplice posted:

interesting, who did you take out for abs man?

Jeff, but I also use Legion instead of Quake for disrupting Storm. It's not great but it works!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why is Patriot A tier on untapped.gg all of a sudden? Everything else got nerfed?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CJ posted:

Why is Patriot A tier on untapped.gg all of a sudden? Everything else got nerfed?
That’s possible. Loki just got nerfed so that may have had an impact. Most of what I see is InSheNaut or something similar these days.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

CJ posted:

Patriot is always pretty good but no one plays it anyway. I’m guessing most of its data is from pretty low CL players.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
You can do galaxy brain Patriot, like this one that popped up in the official Discord:

I've gotten Squirrels up to like 16 before it's pretty funny when it works.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

CJ posted:

Always take the untapped meta rankings with a grain of salt. They've had Loki in C-Tier for almost two months now, despite him being arguably the best deck up until this week.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Patriot has always been one of my more consistent decks but it's also incredibly boring

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Yeah, I used to play Patriot/Ultron a lot back whenever (last winter?), when I had just random S4/5 cards and it was consistent but rather boring indeed, if you get Patriot+Mystique out you'll probably win unless some tech card fucks you up and then you have basically no chance

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Marx Headroom posted:

You can do galaxy brain Patriot, like this one that popped up in the official Discord:

I've gotten Squirrels up to like 16 before it's pretty funny when it works.

I really like this, though I might swap out Onslaught, Iron Lad, and Wasp for Brood, Ultron, and Spectrum.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MISTERHIPP/status/1745837188720583062

Yeah buddy

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

C3 has been doing amazing for me so far in this meta.

It's been great at countering the huge power decks through both sheer power with Iron Man & Cerebro+Mystique or wrecking the big cards with Valkyrie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MagicCube posted:

C3 has been doing amazing for me so far in this meta.

It's been great at countering the huge power decks through both sheer power with Iron Man & Cerebro+Mystique or wrecking the big cards with Valkyrie.
Valkyrie is a good card in this meta for sure

I need to use her more

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

Yeah, I used to play Patriot/Ultron a lot back whenever (last winter?), when I had just random S4/5 cards and it was consistent but rather boring indeed, if you get Patriot+Mystique out you'll probably win unless some tech card fucks you up and then you have basically no chance

I saw so much Ultron when I first entered Pool 3 that Killmonger became my favorite card.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
C3 has stunned me a couple of times by using Invisible Woman and then stuff like Sentry, etc to hide its true nature. The 3 power cards all feel like maybe part of another deck.

Anyone run C3 with Blade/Moon Knight/Swarm? Sure there's better 3 power guys, but my running those three in a Lockjaw deck has given me a ton of respect for even an unbuffed pair of 0 cost 3 power cards.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

C3 Discard is a thing, but it's as inconsistent as all discard. Moon Knight is pretty useless, but you can tempo Blade and Swarm on 6 with Cerebro or Mystique. Ghost Rider is also an option.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

lol those are the same picture. good for him for getting paid 2x to phone it in.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Last King posted:

lol those are the same picture. good for him for getting paid 2x to phone it in.

I see you’ve heard of War Machine.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I don't like 90% of the Hipp art. Not saying it's bad, I just prefer my characters to look like comics. My extremely controversial opinion is that the Pixels by and large look better.

But I don't want to insult the guy. He puts in work and seems to enjoy doing it, so if others rock the Hipp, well, who am I to judge.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
His art looks like characters on a children’s cartoon show…which is what it is. It rules.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Pixels by and large look better.

Mods?!?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Veryslightlymad posted:

My extremely controversial opinion is that the Pixels by and large look better.

Iron Fist, Jubilee, and Mr. Negative look great, but uh have you seen Pixel Thing?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'll agree with the general consensus that the really bad pixels are truly cursed in their badness.

You should also add Sif to that list. Pixel Sif is kinda sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The only good pixel is Killmonger.