Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Self-check out chat:

I remember when I moved to Derry, NH and the local Shaw's had just installed a self check out (1997? Maybe?). It was the ideal setup for someone who didn't want to be wedged between [person counting out change and dropping it everywhere] and [coughing local wino who would occasionally expectorate on the conveyor belt].

With an immunocompromised spouse, we've been using instacart, especially as where we live (not NH) is seeing a major covid spike, and most of the chuds in our area of GA simply don't give a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lot of countries have had self checkouts for years, they're super useful

Do you guys have cameras watching your carts that detect if you might have not scanned everything - that also don't work cause it can't differentiate between Object and Object You Bought At Another Store? Cause those suck.
They've also recently started introducing gates that won't open if an AI thinks you've stolen something.

So look forward to those 2 bits of lovely tech loving up an otherwise good experience.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Toxic Mental posted:

Closest thing is probably black cherry sodas

america deserves trump

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Not judging for shoplifting, but absolutely judging for how dumb this shoplifting was.

First off, you don't steal from Target bc they are one of those stores that makes their security act as PIs, and those fuckers yes put together a dossier of every item you take until it hits felony levels, and then show up at your house and arrest you. Which is incredibly easy to find out with a quick google. It's 2024 and many retail companies are losing their minds over shrinkage, you gotta do research and find places where the employees talk on Reddit about how their company doesn't do poo poo.

In addition to this, she purchased stuff from the store and visits it regularly - giving them her name and verifying her identity.

Doing skip-scanning at the local Target you visit regularly for household goods is just asking to be arrested, and she looks like she did it habitually and compulsively based on those dates.

I do not care that she shoplifted, I do care that she did it in the dumbest manner possible. And this woman was supposed to be in charge of education?

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 11, 2024

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1745268517887189129
Very most important people in the military

Which country's military?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Not judging for shoplifting, but absolutely judging for how dumb this shoplifting was.

First off, you don't steal from Target bc they are one of those stores that makes their security act as PIs, and those fuckers yes put together a dossier of every item you take until it hits felony levels, and then show up at your house and arrest you. Which is incredibly easy to find out with a quick google. It's 2024 and many retail companies are losing their minds over shrinkage, you gotta do research and find places where the employees talk on Reddit about how their company doesn't do poo poo.

In addition to this, she purchased stuff from the store and visits it regularly - giving them her name and verifying her identity.

Doing skip-scanning at the local Target you visit regularly for household goods is just asking to be arrested, and she looks like she did it habitually and compulsively based on those dates.

I do not care that she shoplifted, I do care that she did it in the dumbest manner possible. And this woman was supposed to be in charge of education?

she's a member of 'moms for liberty', did you expect her to be intelligent?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Toxic Mental posted:

Call me Three Olives again, I dare you motherfucker
Two Olives at best, honestly.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

Americans can't get Ribena? Is there no end to how much of a barren blighted land it is?

Surely that would immediately trigger the Rapture?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Lmao I missed this one:

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1745203925324820933?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

american politics needs more kick boxing

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jesus, didn’t he use to take meds for his neurological stuff? Because it’s real bad now.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Jesus, didn’t he use to take meds for his neurological stuff? Because it’s real bad now.

I’m sorry, but they don’t have meds for ‘rear end in a top hat’.

Oh wait, you meant… no, same answer

quote:

However, it is important to note that Congressman Gosar has explicitly refuted the existence of any significant health issues and has provided an explanation for his condition. He attributes these manifestations to ailments such as arthritis, compressed vertebrae, and complications arising from a previous hip replacement surgery2.

It’s just a bad hip is all. He’s “healthy as a horse”, you know the one.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

LordSloth posted:

That explains why Mike Pence won't eat dinner with him alone.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

HANG ON WHAT FLAVOUR ARE YOUR PURPLE SKITTLES?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

"You complained about us so I'm gonna complain about you, that's the facts"

Lmao just absolute grade school playground level mentality with these chucklefucks

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dell_Zincht posted:

HANG ON WHAT FLAVOUR ARE YOUR PURPLE SKITTLES?

Grape I think but I mean skittles are not really one flavor anyways

Back in the 1970s they were black currant flavored but switched to grape after a few years

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

redshirt posted:

Don't "both sides" this, that's not true. Or go ahead and list all the crimes Obama did.

Arguably anything done to american citizens under FISA authorization, especially since their expansion of powers post 9/11. Obama continued and/or expanded on an enormous number of 4th amendment violations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LordSloth posted:

Take him at his word, and the only other explanation is that he's sloshed.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

BlackIronHeart posted:

Did you ever see that scene in Scanners?

Yes.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Impeachment and crime really is more a vibes than an evidence thing, you know

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1745280894720504075

Remember how Jimmy Carter becoming president had to give up his peanut farm?

He must be pissed.

And Republicans wanted to impeach people for how much again?

:lol:

"I didn't get money for nothing!"

Why did Jared get a billion from the Saudi's Donny, right around the time of the Mar A Lago raid? :thunk:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Self-checkout is my weekly abuse session. I think it's because of my height or something but the machines constantly accuse me of stealing and I have to repeatedly call over the cashier to fix it. It happens every god drat time and I think it's degrading to listen to a machine repeatedly insisting that I'm stealing boxes of hamburger helper and frozen pizzas.

RVWinkle fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 11, 2024

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Solution: steal

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

"I didn't get money for nothing!"

he also didn't get chicks for free

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

"I, the president, did $8 million worth of work for CHYNA, perfectly normal and legal."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:lol: dudes movements look like a muppets

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
It’s pretty hilarious that Donnie doesn’t realize that getting money for nothing would’ve been a better lie than “I abused the office of the presidency to do personal favors and got paid for it”.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

lmao

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jose_Pagliery/status/1745426341552345186

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Funny how the NSA panopticon disappears for right wing terrorists.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Funny how the NSA panopticon disappears for right wing terrorists.

It's really easy to avoid NSA attention if you refuse to acknowledge that there's anything outside of the United States.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Trump: Eight million dollars is such a small amount of money.

Chud somewhere in a $32,000 home in complete disrepair: HE’S JUST LIKE ME! SEE!!!!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Because if I'm gonna blow up someone's house or workplace I'm going to give them ample warning

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

It's really easy to avoid NSA attention if you refuse to acknowledge that there's anything outside of the United States.

It's been a couple decades since intelligence agencies have even given lip service to respecting domestic borders. There's extensive journalism about the NSA's domestic wiretapping, everyone just looks the other way when they come after muslims and leftists. But for some reason the rules around domestic surveillance come up when the usual white supremacists pop up.

If the same capabilities developed to go after al qaeda et al were pointed at the J6 crowd, the entire lot of them would have been rounded up within the week instead of relying on classmates and coworkers to identify them in social media videos.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 11, 2024

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

Even the pizza guy would be insulted if you offered him that as a tip!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I met her up in Washington not too long ago
And why they elected her I guess I'll never know,
She'd stand there and cry out about his enormous dong,
"But what about Joe Biden's son and have you seen his hog?"

Hunter Biden's hog, it's just hangin' out there,
Marge won't forget it and the rest of us don't care
She shows us pics and posts them all on vengeful right wing blogs,
Cause all she ever talks about is Hunter Biden's hog.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Infinitum posted:

:lol: dudes movements look like a muppets

He looks genuinely unwell

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Testikles posted:

I met her up in Washington not too long ago
And why they elected her I guess I'll never know,
She'd stand there and cry out about his enormous dong,
"But what about Joe Biden's son and have you seen his hog?"

Hunter Biden's hog, it's just hangin' out there,
Marge won't forget it and the rest of us don't care
She shows us pics and posts them all on vengeful right wing blogs:
Cause all she ever talks about is Hunter Biden's hog.

Margarine Trailer Grease wants to be high on his hog

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chief McHeath posted:

Also Trump: *cashes check for 4 cents*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Because if I'm gonna blow up someone's house or workplace I'm going to give them ample warning

true of any bomb threat really

honestly it's more considerate than swatting since the cops are less likely to shoot you