Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cthulu Carl posted:

I sure hope no one shows this to Jim. Repeatedly.

When did Pete win a national championship? There's a vacancy in my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

:lmao: how in the gently caress does Derek Dooley have higher odds than Sark? Does Bama not remember the Derek Doolander Center For Coaches Who Can't Coach Good?

I know it’ll never happen but the amount of euphoria I would experience if it did. My GOD I would ascend to the next plane, turn into a ball of pure energy and shoot off to explore the cosmos.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Silly Burrito posted:

Also, give Reggie his Heisman back, you nitwits

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

There were two of them before that and he lost that one you're thinking of anyway, when ESPN actually made me root for Texas with all of their hype for USC being the best team ever.

It was a very odd time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

There were two of them before that and he lost that one you're thinking of anyway, when ESPN actually made me root for Texas with all of their hype for USC being the best team ever.

It was a very odd time.

Isn't it the other way around? They vacated 2004, lost 2005, and I don't see any BCS trophy in Pete's hands any other time. :colbert:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

That was one of the best games I ever saw in my life

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Isn't it the other way around? They vacated 2004, lost 2005, and I don't see any BCS trophy in Pete's hands any other time. :colbert:

You're right, they did have to give up 2004. But 2003 is still there in a UCF they were the actual champs sense.

And looking it up it is noted in wiki that one of their top recruits in 2003 was John David Booty. So let's just remember John David Booty.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

That was one of the best games I ever saw in my life

:hmmyes:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

You're right, they did have to give up 2004. But 2003 is still there in a UCF they were the actual champs sense.

And looking it up it is noted in wiki that one of their top recruits in 2003 was John David Booty. So let's just remember John David Booty.

Will never forget the ESPN headline "USC's Booty Hurt"

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

I didn't know Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was even involved in coaching.

:lmao: how in the gently caress does Derek Dooley have higher odds than Sark? Does Bama not remember the Derek Doolander Center For Coaches Who Can't Coach Good?

Don’t have a specific answer to your question but you have to remember that part of setting odds and lines is the book’s anticipation of bettor behavior. It’s why Prime is at 6/1; Deion is not going to be the next coach at ‘Bama but Vegas knows morons will want to bet on him so they’re happy to make the odds look favorable to fleece people of their money.

BOB at 80/1 is the tastiest of those odds.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2024/1...-hire-this-week

holy poo poo he's actually going to die immediately just like the bear

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

About as legit as UCF's claims too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Coaching Carousel 2024: “How Do We Get This GOAT Out of Here?”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

USC is the only 0 title dynasty in history.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Raku posted:

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2024/1...-hire-this-week

holy poo poo he's actually going to die immediately just like the bear

Heard it was his wife’s health

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

ESPN actually made me root for Texas with all of their hype for USC being the best team ever.

It was a very odd time.

Right?? Texas is one of my most hated schools and I wanted them to shut up ESPN so badly.

This was also when they did a "greatest college football teams of all time" show and Kirk had a total meltdown for '71 Nebraska being ahead of USC lol

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The Big Jesus posted:

Heard it was his wife’s health

God I hope not.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Warbird posted:

God I hope not.

Dementia or Alzheimer’s, early stages, is the message board rumor. Either one is horrible and from everything I’ve read she is an awesome person. You have more money than god herself, take that time and really enjoy it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
poo poo like this is why I wouldn't have been mad if Michigan lost to Washington:

https://twitter.com/huskystypeguy/status/1745314652224159975?t=MifLFnH976jGJATkWWNziw&s=19

https://twitter.com/keithpricetrut1/status/1745311910592163936?t=QExGvcTlCNwj9AhkPCWsfw&s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonz posted:

If he waits one more season, that job could be his.

Ryan Day is probably not long for OSU.

It's going to be an interesting year because he's finally cutting the dead weight from the staff, it's looking like pretty much everyone but Marv is returning and they added Will Howard and Judkins in the portal.

If he can't get it done, he's 100% gone.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

KKKLIP ART posted:

Dementia or Alzheimer’s, early stages, is the message board rumor. Either one is horrible and from everything I’ve read she is an awesome person. You have more money than god herself, take that time and really enjoy it.

Exactly. And that sucks, but yeah, just spend all the time possible with her. He's done pretty everything he could in college football, just enjoy her remaining years.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I wore my "Not Today Saban #GBO" shirt to the store this morning and got a lot of comments. I'm glad to see him gone but I really hope he writes a real book or two on football. The most important thing I took from his tenure is that you build a new team every year or two with the pieces you have and don't keep hammering the button that worked last time.

Someone make a Nick Saban head coaching roguelike that is basically an auto play tecmobowl please

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Badass Northwestern CB Rod Heard transferred to Notre Dame.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

harperdc posted:

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/football/report-oregon-coach-dan-lanning-currently-in-tuscaloosa

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

22-5 at Oregon in two seasons. Really hope the buyout scares them off. De Boer is right there without a contract extension!

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1745490162228805875?s=20

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

How much money to Phil Knight pony up to make Lanning the highest paid coach in college football?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Any coach good enough to be in consideration who actually takes that job is the dumbest motherfucker alive.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Any coach good enough to be in consideration who actually takes that job is the dumbest motherfucker alive.

So Dabo?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1745491970263310758?s=46

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

So do we think Arch hops in the portal or trusts that Quinn will get hurt as usual?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
https://twitter.com/CoachDanLanning/status/1745490828850815112

Mizzou DC posted a video like this a couple weeks before he bounced to LSU, though, so I guess take it with a grain of salt

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

So do we think Arch hops in the portal or trusts that Quinn will get hurt as usual?

Portal is my bet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gavrilo ewers with the assassination of the arch-manning

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's a beautiful Thursday morning in Eugene

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
That little cigar shot at the end just confirms Dan Lanning as a boring chud.

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Cigars, only ever smoked by conservatives

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

I think he’ll stay. Nobody should be surprised by Evers staying. Wasn’t it heavily hinted at before the playoffs?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Fidel Castro, noted chud

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

McMurphy says Lanning and Norvell are top 2

Lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
lol

https://twitter.com/SamAliSports/status/1744579591430119608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
CHEATERS

https://twitter.com/KatieJStrang/status/1745484603748458696

quote:

Since at least 2010, ESPN inserted fake names in Emmy entries, then took the awards won by some of those imaginary individuals, had them re-engraved and gave them to on-air personalities.

Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Chris Fowler, Desmond Howard and Samantha Ponder, among others, were given the ill-gotten Emmys, according to a source briefed on the matter, who was granted anonymity because the individual is not authorized to discuss it publicly. There is no evidence that the on-air individuals were aware the Emmys given to them were improperly obtained.
-----
Kirk Henry (Kirk Herbstreit), Lee Clark (Lee Corso), Dirk Howard (Desmond Howard), and Tim Richard (Tom Rinaldi) appeared in all seven years. Steven Ponder (Sam Ponder) and Gene Wilson (Gene Wojciechowski) appeared in five from 2014-18. Chris Fulton (Chris Fowler) appeared in 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015. Shelley Saunders (Shelley Smith) appeared in the 2010 credit list. Smith was also given an Emmy for the show’s win in 2008, though it is unclear how that statuette was obtained; Shelley Saunders was not listed in the 2008 credit list viewed by The Athletic. However, networks are allowed to modify a credit list after a show is announced as a winner.

While reviewing the 2010 and 2011 credit lists, The Athletic found three additional names that could not be verified that also closely resemble the names of “College GameDay” talent: Erik Andrews (Erin Andrews) in 2011; Wendy Nickson (Wendi Nix) and Jenn Brownsmith (Jenn Brown) in 2010.