Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Congrats to Michigan, now make room for a 3-loss SEC team to win the natty next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I can see us losing three

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the most annoying possible end to the college football season

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I could not have endured if Washington had won. Already bad enough that Oregon lost to them twice in the final year of the Pac 12.

Good to see a fellow Big 10 member wielding that title.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Glad that Michigan got to piss everyone off in the last real season of CFB.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2024/01/09/industry-source-to-brett-mcmurphy-kansas-basketball-cheats-more-than-anyone/

it’s been one day of the offseason and it’s already time to change the title

quote:

The only pure thing in college athletics is Vanderbilt, and Vanderbilt sucks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Time to focus on the important offseason news: northwestern's hires at offensive and defensive coordinator.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Congrats to the Michigan Wolverines, and thank you for making my father-in-law salty for at least the next 8 months.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The game wasn't even over and my Ohio State friend was texting that Michigan/Ohio State were 1/2 and if they fired Ryan Day they absolutely mop Michigan

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Quoted for truth.

Can the NCAA vacate a championship in a playoff that they do not control? That seems unlikely.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Yeah, I can see us losing three

Think Nico still wins the Heisman with three losses or do they just do the thing where they invite some other guys to make it look competitive but it’s really not

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The thread title made me imagine Harbaugh stealing military secrets lmao

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Dango Bango posted:

The thread title made me imagine Harbaugh stealing military secrets lmao

He’s definitely the type of guy who’s come across some on the War Thunder forums

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
congrats to michigan even if they are the biggest dorks imaginable. solid season capped off with a definitive win.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Michigan stealing everything from the title game site is pretty funny. I want to see a full accounting.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ohio State failed to win the Peach Bowl and then Penn State failed to win the Peach Bowl.

I wonder who gets the next shot at being the first team to get all six wins.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I hereby allow Texas to be Back Baby for their first ever season in the Southeastern Conference.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
:unsmith:

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

:feelsgood:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Enjoy your natty. You shall not see another for as long as Texas is Back Baby.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sherrone Moore’s leaked gameplan from last night’s game:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

Texas is Back Baby.

:hmmyes:

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Defense wins Championships

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I dunno, I can think of more annoying ones. What if Iowa was in the playoffs?

Anyway, congrats Michigan. I have a lot of friends that went to school there so I was passively rooting for the wolverines.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I knew as soon as that cheating scandal hit Michigan was going to win the natty. Maybe it’s vacated later, maybe not, damage is done. Congrats to Michigan. Signed, an Astros fan

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 9, 2024

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

And just like that, it’s over.

2024 Resolution #1
Stop getting All That Mad about the Gators.

I’m sure I’ll make it 4min into the opener, but I’m going to try.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

And just like that, it’s over.

2024 Resolution #1
Stop getting All That Mad about the Gators.

I’m sure I’ll make it 4min into the opener, but I’m going to try.

The last time I got insanely, irrationally mad at football was the 2019 Peach Bowl. Not that we merely lost, but got absolutely humiliated. I didn't make a resolution to not get mad anymore, but something happened that night that has allowed me to just be chill about sports. OU loses, or has a crummy season, or whatever, who cares. I get more fun being social with my friends during the game and just talking sports than living vicariously through teenagers in tights giving each other concussions.

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 9, 2024

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pat mcafee should be fired soon inshallah

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
As it turns out, the game was over before it even started.

The game was over as soon as Blake Corum pulled up to the stadium like this.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Gonz posted:

As it turns out, the game was over before it even started.

The game was over as soon as Blake Corum pulled up to the stadium like this.

what do you even do? this dude pulls up, 5'7, 120 lbs, bench presses half the defense each time they try to tackle him.. it's over

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Judgy Fucker posted:

The last time I got insanely, irrationally mad at football was the 2019 Peach Bowl. Not that we merely lost, but got absolutely humiliated. I didn't make a resolution to not get mad anymore, but something happened that night that has allowed me to just be chill about sports. OU loses, or has a crummy season, or whatever, who cares. I get more fun being social with my friends during the game and just talking sports than living vicariously through teenagers in tights giving each other concussions.

I started being normal about sports after I watched a fan base defend people who enabled child rape. I watch the games, I cheer my beloved Longhorns but like 3 minutes after the game is over I simply do not care.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hello, offseason. Now Long National Nightmare beings anew until August.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hello, offseason. Now Long National Nightmare beings anew until August.

Mustard BBQ supremacy

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm not saying it's the best ever, but when my boss smokes a pork shoulder and brings it in, he also brings in a custom blend of Sweet Baby Ray's, apple cider vinegar, and Kroger Private Selection reach Carolina reaper sauce and holy poo poo that poo poo slaps.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Can't believe Tom Izzo has such heartfelt feelings about college football.

Judgy Fucker posted:

It's weird, but Kansas basketball's conference championship streak ending plus COVID killing the season out of nowhere both kinda snapped me out of making sports such a weird vicarious outlet for all my gripes about life. Just really put it in perspective when you watch sports die because, no poo poo, a pandemic is going on.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm not saying it's the best ever, but when my boss smokes a pork shoulder and brings it in, he also brings in a custom blend of Sweet Baby Ray's, apple cider vinegar, and Kroger Private Selection reach Carolina reaper sauce and holy poo poo that poo poo slaps.

kroger private selection sauces honestly go way, way harder than they have any right to

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/statsbywill/status/1744722099334459771?s=20

lol Vandy catching strays

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Judgy Fucker posted:

I mean honestly it doesn’t matter if the gators win or lose, I love them and won’t ever stop unless I find out they’ve been systematically ignoring sexual assault or child rape.

Even with the gators being bad I still love CFB and enjoy it as much as I ever have. Maybe just being a bit more zen about it is the ticket.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Can't believe Tom Izzo has such heartfelt feelings about college football.

It's weird, but Kansas basketball's conference championship streak ending plus COVID killing the season out of nowhere both kinda snapped me out of making sports such a weird vicarious outlet for all my gripes about life. Just really put it in perspective when you watch sports die because, no poo poo, a pandemic is going on.

Even though the Big Ten was very late to starting up again in 2020, it did feel like some sort of minor return to normalcy, even if the stadiums were empty and the teams weren't really trying all that hard. Sports as escapism in a time of national tragedy are still important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
:unsmith:

https://x.com/misterAndyReid/status/1744594196894212304