Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

The funniest bit here is that whoever made this is almost certainly aware of Nathen's failed restaurant and may just be doing it to taunt him. I mean, what are the odds that someone else would pick "GarfieldEATS" as a restaurant name?

Who knows if they know anything about Nathen, honestly I doubt it, but someone involved definitely at least read the name GarfieldEATS somewhere before, as like that's just to weird and clunky a name for two separate people to come up with independently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Somebody googled "Garfield restaurant logo" and the rest is history. The weird thing is that two separate people had the same idea of a Garfield themed fast food place

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
- garfield likes food
- people like garfield
- people like food

qed. it's a wonder not all restaurants are garfield-themed

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1745102246533103793

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1745141916969193898

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yes. I'm sure it took a year.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
it took a year to do a google image search for "semolina flour"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I got a great idea after seeing Grok, brb gonna go pitch GarfAI to Nathen

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
he already had his own AI! It was a barely-modified base package commercial ChatGPT with some eGeez crap thrown into it and he didn't pay long enough to keep it online.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Sourdough for WHAT, Nathen? For the pizza crusts? The lasagna noodles? The Garfaccino?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

After seeing his 2024 video, I’m pretty sure Nathen is an ai algorithm himself.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Sourdough for WHAT, Nathen? For the pizza crusts? The lasagna noodles? The Garfaccino?

Yes

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

he keeps saying real recipe in a raw file
are you paying $50 for a .txt file of a lasagna recipe? not even a .doc with some fonts and style formatting?

david_a posted:

I think he mentioned Word in the first announcement, that’s his definition of “raw” (as opposed to PDF I guess?)

I think Nathen meant his GarfEATS recipe ebook will be unedited, like his stupid Arabiolosis book.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

This whole thing reeks. Who designed this menu? Who wrote these recipes? Why isn't Nathan talking about the talent hired to make his restaurant a reality? I want names of people, not products.

My guess is was all commercially reproduced off site and shipped to him to reheat, Applebee's style.

That's why he only has a list of products used and assembly steps.

Busters fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 11, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Busters posted:

This whole thing reeks. Who designed this menu? Who wrote these recipes? Why isn't Nathan talking about the talent hired to make his restaurant a reality?

I don't understand you. Talk about somebody who isn't Nathen? Do you live in some scary alternate universe where everything doesn't revolve around Nathen?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The old fashioned martinis

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

I don't understand you. Talk about somebody who isn't Nathen? Do you live in some scary alternate universe where everything doesn't revolve around Nathen?

Only Nathen and [BRAND] exist.

We don't even know about his parents and siblings. Friends? Collaborators? Even assistants?

No, only Nathen, [BRAND] and [PRODUCTS] exist in the void.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Oh how quickly everyone forgets mom

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

The mom with no name.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There was the alleged business partner who fuked the cat

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

steinrokkan posted:

There was the alleged business partner who fuked the cat

Nathan must've been seething with jealousy.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
he was posting pictures of his brother and his brother's family on his IG stories a few weeks ago, but that didn't feel in the spirit of the thread even if it was the only time he's mentioned family lately.

The multiple photos of his feet mixed in there, maybe, but gently caress preserving that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

LvK posted:

he was posting pictures of his brother and his brother's family on his IG stories a few weeks ago, but that didn't feel in the spirit of the thread even if it was the only time he's mentioned family lately.

The multiple photos of his feet mixed in there, maybe, but gently caress preserving that.

Yeah we can probably skip that tbh

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
haha wouldn't it be funny if you posted his feet pics?

i mean just as like a joke that would be soo funny haha

i mean what did they look like? I can't find them on ig wtf post them

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
#garfieldfeetpics

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Help step-Garfeet I am stuck

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Nathen's twitter bio is a link to an article from October about him. It's probably been covered in this thread but lol.

https://honisoit.com/2023/10/the-man-with-nine-lives-an-interview-with-nathen-mazri/

quote:

“Jim [Davis] and I are best friends,” Nathen said. “We still email and he’s doing great. You know he’s an elderly man now, and he’s lived quite a life. I really saw him as my Godfather, I looked up to him so much, and when I first shook his hand, and you know he was strong and tall. It was a magical moment for me, and I was starstruck also.” 

I asked him whether he felt like he was “grieving the loss of Garfield”. “You carry this idea of Garfield within you… would you say there’s a sense of loss?”

“I did, I went on a hiatus,” he said. “I left Instagram for about 6 months, and I had to grieve, I had to grieve. I mean, I wore him for a while. That’s what they taught me in branding and marketing courses, live the brand, feel the brand, be the brand. And what I did is I took it too far and I lost myself. I forgot who Nathen Mazri was. The cat will never leave me.”

quote:

Why is someone still [struggling to buy] a piece of bread? It’s all about money. You talk to me about ethics, morality, and [it’ll] override it! We live in a triangle. There’s someone up there in the pyramid that is really controlling this world. I mean I know who, but maybe we’ll leave it for another interview.”

The boundaries of capitalism are pushed, but so are those of sexuality.

“You seem to hold quite high value to the fact that Garfield is celibate,” I said. “Could you explain why that holds such importance? Obviously, it’s extremely valid.”

Nathen clarified his position. “Garfield is almost 43 years old, I think. And yeah, obviously, you know, he might have crushes here and there, but he’s a selfish person who loves himself, and yes, he’s celibate, and so am I.”

“Honestly,” he said, “I’ve spent 1.5 million dollars on GarfieldEATS. Yes, but I haven’t made that. Imagine having all this taken away from you after you spend that much. They don’t give a poo poo. They don’t give a poo poo. No one gives a poo poo, imagine how people wanna try to take away from you, but they don’t know that there is a fight in good men. There’s a huge warrior inside of good men, and once you keep pushing, if that warrior comes out they will win. Why? God is with the good. And now we’re getting ourselves trademarked. My father wanted me to be a corporate lawyer.”

“Whoa,” I said. “That’s a heavy expectation.”

“Yeah well,” Nathen replied, “You know I always wanted to make him proud. But you know, he is proud now… I’ve done something, and I would love to tell other, you know, young people out there. Don’t be scared. Get out there, you know. Get out there and do something… Stop blabbing about me and others on social media. Really?”

The fact that he's the rich son of a wealthy Saudi family who wants for nothing and can blow millions of dollars without consequence and yet
still thinks he's being oppressed and blames the Rothschilds or something for his failures? :discourse:

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 12, 2024

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
The cat will never leave me.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
garfield does not partake in pleasures of the flesh, and nor shall I

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sourdough for WHAT

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Nathen's twitter bio is a link to an article from October about him. It's probably been covered in this thread but lol.

https://honisoit.com/2023/10/the-man-with-nine-lives-an-interview-with-nathen-mazri/

The fact that he's the rich son of a wealthy Saudi family who wants for nothing and can blow millions of dollars without consequence and yet
still thinks he's being oppressed and blames the Rothschilds or something for his failures? :discourse:

We don't need to change it again so soon, but "GarfieldEATS: We live in a triangle" is a pretty decent thread title.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
"The boundaries of capitalism are pushed, but so are those of sexuality."
...would be my pick for thread title.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Or "God is with the good. And now we’re getting ourselves trademarked."

Lot of incredibly overwrought stupid things in that interview!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1745892101865242691

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

this is not good marketing for your nft recipes nathen!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The recipe for WWIII? Or for Garfuccinos?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blue Moonlight posted:

The recipe for WWIII? Or for Garfuccinos?

One will lead to the other! The order will surprise you!!!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So are you giving it away, or are you charging for it

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I think theres something wrong with Garfield.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Someone set up us the bomb

E: also I’m unclear how a 2 second clip from Predator has anything to do with WWIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

E: also I’m unclear how a 2 second clip from Predator has anything to do with WWIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFOaTfcLiQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14KZ3g69ec

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 13, 2024