Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I shared this in the wider sports broadcasting thread but it’s the first thing that came to my mind as well

https://twitter.com/killasznkam/status/1745266301948584232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Buzzed and LEGOing, just finished True Lies so decided to rewatch The Founder just cause I love Micheal Keaton, Tubi rocks

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Oh and 8 hour ham bone stock today

https://imgur.com/a/BeWzVf5

First time but soooo much better than the chicken stock I usually do, same herbs and veg. Def gonna hit a butcher up for some pig bones next time I go in

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

Oh and 8 hour ham bone stock today

https://imgur.com/a/BeWzVf5

First time but soooo much better than the chicken stock I usually do, same herbs and veg. Def gonna hit a butcher up for some pig bones next time I go in

:discourse: Looking forward to seeing what you're going to use that for.

I've been straight drinking the chicken wing bone stock for lunch this week. All I added was a little salt as the scraps still had enough seasoning in its previous iteration as NFL GDT eats.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

:discourse: Looking forward to seeing what you're going to use that for.

Haha me too. Prolly save it for my ramens or boiling some mashed taters in it. I was afraid it’d be to Hammy tasting I guess, but it’s just a richer bone water. Not a lot of room in the freezer so made it really concentrated so it wouldn’t get washed out when I add water.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also that measuring cup is awesome for stocks. Has a trigger to open the hole at the bottom. Bottom filled my Tupperware containers up like 90% then regular poured from the top so each container had an equal amount of fat/floaty bits.
Hard to do with a regular measuring cup, first like 4 containers get all the good poo poo and last one gets all the heavy sod

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 11, 2024

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nice. I just rigorously stir my stock to get a basic emulsification before portioning into mason jars.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m lazy so just squeezed in some mustard to help it out a bit

Figured it works for Mayo making so it might work for the pot

My fat rear end was dipping chunks of a stale sourdough loaf I had laying around into the best parts

I was full like 6 hours before it finished

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 11, 2024

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Decided to see if the godawful squeaking from the back of my car is from some boxes in the boot or my suspension is dying. Start moving stuff around and find that water has gotten in on my driver's side and the carpet covering has got mouldy and there is a godawful loving smell. Terrific

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spent my birthday yesterday renewing my IL driver's license, and packing up things from my storage unit to take back with me to Canada today.

This is what I'm coming back to:

🥶

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

IL goon here! Getting ready to stock up for the sweet lil 3 day polar vortex I have. I'm a silly goose with 4 desert cactus plants I'm now moving into a separate room with grow lights and basically boarding up my house so I don't get my pipes frozen.

I don't know how people live in Canada. Alberta especially.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My friend keeps trying to get me to buy tickets to the playoff game this weekend and I cannot think of new ways to say “absofuckinglutely not”.

1 degree rear end game. gently caress you, I’m gonna be home with a fire.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Forrest on Fire posted:

IL goon here! Getting ready to stock up for the sweet lil 3 day polar vortex I have. I'm a silly goose with 4 desert cactus plants I'm now moving into a separate room with grow lights and basically boarding up my house so I don't get my pipes frozen.

I don't know how people live in Canada. Alberta especially.

Yea supposed to get 8-12” Friday and Saturday then the temp falls off a cliff. I think I’ll work from home a lot.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

My friend keeps trying to get me to buy tickets to the playoff game this weekend and I cannot think of new ways to say “absofuckinglutely not”.

1 degree rear end game. gently caress you, I’m gonna be home with a fire.

bring the fire to the game

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea supposed to get 8-12” Friday and Saturday then the temp falls off a cliff. I think I’ll work from home a lot.

I get to fly to Chicago for work next Monday, and I'm going to have to be outside for half of it :thumbsup:

I'm used to it since I grew up in Michigan, but having to pack for two completely different climates (flying up from south TX) really blows.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I was really excited for Furiosa until the trailer came out and hoo boy the lack of practical effects is apparent

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My housemate went on a road trip for a couple days & took his dog Fritha with him. He came back yesterday & had to go to work this morning. I wake up to find Fritha panic pooped & peed in the living room carpet, despite being let out earlier this morning before my housemate went to work.

Home Depot should be open now so I can go rent a carpet cleaner.

This also got me thinking that this may be the year I replace the 20 year-old carpet in this house with hardwood floors…

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

My housemate went on a road trip for a couple days & took his dog Fritha with him. He came back yesterday & had to go to work this morning. I wake up to find Fritha panic pooped & peed in the living room carpet, despite being let out earlier this morning before my housemate went to work.

Home Depot should be open now so I can go rent a carpet cleaner.

This also got me thinking that this may be the year I replace the 20 year-old carpet in this house with hardwood floors…

With the way prices on them are now, you can buy an upright carpet cleaner that does just as well for near the same price as a rental.

Even if it’s a little more expensive, if you think you’ll use it a couple more times it’ll have paid for itself. I bought one a couple years ago and use it fairly frequently and love it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Fritha sounds like a good dog

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

With the way prices on them are now, you can buy an upright carpet cleaner that does just as well for near the same price as a rental.

Even if it’s a little more expensive, if you think you’ll use it a couple more times it’ll have paid for itself. I bought one a couple years ago and use it fairly frequently and love it.

Are you talking about something like this? My mom asked for this for Christmas and I'm curious how well it works for pets (since you have dogs IIRC).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Are you talking about something like this? My mom asked for this for Christmas and I'm curious how well it works for pets (since you have dogs IIRC).

Yeah pretty much, I got an earlier version of this guy but they look pretty similar

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Fritha sounds like a good dog

She is a good dog.

She just sometimes has panic poops. The stains are where she had her most recent accidents.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This is how well it did the first time I used it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:hmmyes: That is pretty good. I do have a nice Dyson vacuum but if rhat carpet cleaner can do regular vacuuming too then I may be convinced to get it…

…Or replace my carpet with hardwood floors like I always wanted back when I first moved in.

Trick is now if I do replace my carpet I have to move all the poo poo out of my living room for a couple days and I'm lazy as hell.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah to be clear it’s not also a vacuum, just a carpet cleaner

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is how well it did the first time I used it.

:drat:

The bedrooms are the only carpeted rooms in my house but I still might have to look into it more.

Thanks for the info and pics!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
carpet, not even once.

we do area rugs with flor tiles which makes cleanups of messes easy, take the tile(s) outside, hose em off or scrub as necessary, let dry, put back in place.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I made someone mad, I guess.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Qwijib0 posted:

carpet, not even once.

we do area rugs with flor tiles which makes cleanups of messes easy, take the tile(s) outside, hose em off or scrub as necessary, let dry, put back in place.

Agree, I hate carpet so much. I’m renting or I’d rip the only carpet that’s in the bedrooms up. There’s beautiful hardwood all through the house and I suspect more of the same hiding under the carpets

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a sexual elk posted:

Also that measuring cup is awesome for stocks. Has a trigger to open the hole at the bottom. Bottom filled my Tupperware containers up like 90% then regular poured from the top so each container had an equal amount of fat/floaty bits.
Hard to do with a regular measuring cup, first like 4 containers get all the good poo poo and last one gets all the heavy sod
I use this to separate the fat when making stock: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V1ZSYVF

I also strain everything through cheesecloth over a strainer beforehand to get out the solids, so I make relatively clear stock.

Having a trigger to pour from the bottom works just as well, that's pretty cool.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also great for making pancakes

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyway I got a new computer and Microcenter whips rear end even if I had to go into the depths of Orange County to pick it up.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ralph is great, but there are so many better quotes of his.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I thought you were Handsome Ralph.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Silly Burrito posted:

I thought you were Handsome Ralph.

I wish.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

She is a good dog.

She just sometimes has panic poops. The stains are where she had her most recent accidents.

Please tell me you don't walk on that barefoot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I know more about Whitlock than I want to and he wasn't always insane. Off, but funny and you could sit with his bullshit. But he sure as hell went full grifter at some point.

Darkly amusingly to his detriment because he could be writing his bullshit for Fox or whoever if he just toned it down a little bit, at least he'd still be getting paid then. Now he's writing for 'who?'

e: I didn't watch the SAS thing but I feel like I've been Whitlocked out. I've done my time briefly enjoying his barber roasting Tim Tebow and then watching everything that came after that.

I disagree, he was pulling his "black people, amirite?" bullshit at the KC Star way back in the 90s. Also I met him several times back then, and more importantly was his server at my restaurant a bunch of times and can confirm he was garbage back then, too.

Posnanski hates him.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Temps are about to go below freezing for a couple of days here.

I want to make shrimp gumbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We're supposed to be below -50 wind chill over the weekend. Not excited for that.