Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

WhyteRyce posted:

uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhhh
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1745496606949171294

well I guess this will give Jay Bilas lots of time to go over his best remaining second round candidates and focus on some 5 year Appalachian State University senior
They need to split it between lottery and the rest if they want anyone to turn on the TV the second day. That would be annoying though, as a fan better for them to put the second round on its own day so I can watch all the relevant parts at once and ignore the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Going to spend the next few months brainwashing myself into thinking the first round doesn't exist and the Raptors have the #1 overall pick in the draft.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1745491001026974104?t=vgHiN9EaQsCxACklffZbJQ

The east is a joke.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
i can't claim sengun, but i do claim calling scoot a bust before the draft (or at least before summer league)

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Lebron beating his fat euro competition, but Steph is not. Monkeu in shambles.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I thought Ant would be a bust, the Tatum-Fultz swap was stupid, and Luka would be bad. I watch zero college or international hoops and make purely vibes based predictions.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I thought Ant would be a bust, the Tatum-Fultz swap was stupid, and Luka would be bad. I watch zero college or international hoops and make purely vibes based predictions.

Only the Luka one out of these sucks, I was like “he’s a 18 year old playing against grown men and not future engineering managers like Tacko Fall”.

I’ve taken this to the extreme though and like until mid last year thought Killian Hayes was redeemable

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
If Luka was going to be a bust, he’d be on the Kings.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I dunno who's behind Klay but whoever the gently caress they are they should be there instead. The Warriors live in poo poo and piss, nobody gets in but Steph.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

I think we should give Metapod points for SGA

I did not predict him I merely tracked his progress and fought off haters and bad team building ideas

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Isentropy posted:

until mid last year thought Killian Hayes was redeemable

still is

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

WhyteRyce posted:

would Draymond retire if he got traded to Detroit???
https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1745471330634408306

lol even Curry is sick of this poo poo

Make this the captcha for new accounts registering from monkeu's IP address

Steph Curry posted:

Honestly, I’m booing myself. Booing our team in my head because of the way we’re playing.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
what team is trading value for klay, kuminga or moody? they're all bench players.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wait they're doing a Paris game but it's NOT involving the Spurs??? Lol what

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dokmo posted:

i can't claim sengun, but i do claim calling scoot a bust before the draft (or at least before summer league)

i also called him a bust based on vibes. his names scoot and hes got youtube draft people saying hes the best prospect ever, that's a bust. also someone itt said he was easily worth 1.5x as much as zion which is just manifesting bust status

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
the stars are out in the city of lights to see Dean Wade

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Squinky v2.0 posted:

the stars are out in the city of lights to see Dean Wade

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Wait they're doing a Paris game but it's NOT involving the Spurs??? Lol what

Spurs play next year

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

KAT shows this isn't always true.

that's because KAT is big

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Maestro posted:

If Luka was going to be a bust, he’d be on the Kings.

:negative:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Luka was my biggest draft hit, couldn’t believe that guy wasn’t unanimous #1

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I dunno who's behind Klay but whoever the gently caress they are they should be there instead. The Warriors live in poo poo and piss, nobody gets in but Steph.

Nodding along because I thought you were talking about whoever is backing up Klay on the bench on GSW and that they should be starting

Then I saw it was about the All Star list. Klay?? What the gently caress?!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

anakha posted:

Evan Turner already deleted this comment, but Jesus Christ how loving stupid can you be to make fun of a guy with a heavy accent when you yourself needed speech therapy

Evan Turner is the same guy who ran out of gas in his Ferrari on the highway...twice in the same week.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

nikosoft posted:

Nodding along because I thought you were talking about whoever is backing up Klay on the bench on GSW and that they should be starting

Then I saw it was about the All Star list. Klay?? What the gently caress?!
I guess if they voted old stinky rear end Kobe the Rapist (new rules this is the only way anyone can reference him) an all star dude as a legacy thing I'm okay with basically everyone else in history getting in.
Although it did piss me off when the nation of Georgia tried to get the Kawhi-Mangler in there. gently caress outta here with that.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 11, 2024

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Papes posted:

Luka was my biggest draft hit, couldn’t believe that guy wasn’t unanimous #1

he got picked 4th if you think about it, because Suns/Kings/Hawks passed on him

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I guess if they voted old stinky rear end Kobe the Rapist (new rules this is the only way anyone can reference him) an all star dude as a legacy thing I'm okay with basically everyone else in history getting in.
Although it did piss me off when the nation of Georgia tried to get the Kawhi-Mangler in there. gently caress outta here with that.

Klay has a had a great career but he shoudn't be a legacy all-star guy

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Forrest on Fire posted:

I think we should give Metapod points for SGA

I will always remember a post from Dejan about SGA, not pre-draft but during his rookie year, calling him a Slithery Snake Man and then listing a couple other current NBA players that are also Slithery Snake Men, one of which, was, of course, Paul George. I think he called Kyle Anderson a partial Slithery Snake Man.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lockback posted:

Klay has a had a great career but he shoudn't be a legacy all-star guy
Oh yeah, I agree, just doing my usual thing of insulting Kobe Not Cracking the Top 50 Bryant whenever I can.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I was 100% on the Luka train but there is some historical revisionism taking place by some pundits. Luka was like any other long time scouted hyped prospect, eventually with enough time people start to focus on the warts and flaws and that enters the discourse vs some college freshman who popped during a hot tournament. There were actual discussions from people about what Lukas ceiling was and if he was just going to top at as a Hedo level player

the Kings top euro scout had a do not draft grade

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Klay has never been better than a borderline all star and this season he's just straight bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E:missed a page

Lockback posted:

From a viewer standpoint this is dumb but I usually don't watch the 2nd round anyway. I am guessing GMs want time to survey what happened day 1 and adjust, instead of having to do it all in real time.

Yeah I think the first one might be a ratings success for the novelty but after that it’ll die hard. But it might lead to better drafting in the second round.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I thought Luka would be really really good but probably not what he became because he was a dude without top-end athleticism and what looked like a really shaky shot. Obv I was wrong but I don't think that's an outrageous thing to be concerned with. You don't really know if those guys are able to adapt to NBA speed and if he struggled with that he'd look WAY different.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1745501143587823983

This would be silly.

GMs building a roster that allows them to win the IST and tank the rest of the season.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Reminder that players typically aren't super excited about their team getting good picks and bringing in more competition. So it's not like it'll light a fire for players or anything.

The big thing with draft coverage they need to fix is the stupid rule that means guys have to wear the wrong hats even though everyone knows the trade happened.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
love to see the good ben taylor talking about the boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96F5WlrEgYQ

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1745501143587823983

This would be silly.

GMs building a roster that allows them to win the IST and tank the rest of the season.

I agree, please give the Lakers an extra first round pick

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

make sengun the nba logo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Apologies for spamming with wemby clips but he did another one of these last night

https://x.com/UsherNBA/status/1745255740720173350?s=20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
“My big fixes to this are we should have 14 picks in four hours and also a completely unrelated stupid thing”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

two day draft will be a lot less goofy whenever we get a third round of picks