Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Surely a Trumper bomb threat at his home will convince the judge that Cohen is unreliable when he describes Trump as “talks like a mob boss”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Also can you imagine the celebrations when news station breaks the news that Trump has passed away

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I sort of expect Engoron to cite Trumps behaviour during the proceedings as evidence of Trumps way of doing business. Trumps guilty already, this is largely about determining the level of guilt. How much is incompetence and how much is Trump knowingly committing crimes. Well Trump just showed in those closing statements that even surrounded by lawyers and the judge telling him what is or is not allowed, Trump just does what he wants and his underlings roll over for him. Donny has given a constant stream of evidence that this is how he operates, it's not incompetence. He knows what he's doing, is told by the experts he's breaking the rules, and still breaks them. Even in the simplest things. While he should probably get smacked with some contempt, it'll hurt him far worse in the final decision.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
What the gently caress does MTG even do all day. Every time I see her, she’s on some loving podcast making crazy monkey faces or shitposting on Twitter. Like, it should be offensive to everyone who actually works for a living, the people she “represents” especially so.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Make one that cuts back and forth between Marge and :lolrudy:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Almost Smart posted:

What the gently caress does MTG even do all day. Every time I see her, she’s on some loving podcast making crazy monkey faces or shitposting on Twitter. Like, it should be offensive to everyone who actually works for a living, the people she “represents” especially so.

looks at hunter pix

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Almost Smart posted:

She never makes any policy like ever

She's also independently wealthy, family owns construction in Georgia or something

She doesn't give a gently caress

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Also can you imagine the celebrations when news station breaks the news that Trump has passed away

The only downside to it will be the fact that Trump himself will not be able to see the whole world erupt in celebrations as his lardass keels over.

One of my favourite moments of the past few years was seeing sad-faced Trump look upon celebrating DC folks as his loss was called by the news networks.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Almost Smart posted:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I really hope there is no “decorum” for when this orange rear end in a top hat dies. As in no democrats show up including Democrat presidents

I think probably they'll go just to make sure he's dead.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BigglesSWE posted:

The only downside to it will be the fact that Trump himself will not be able to see the whole world erupt in celebrations as his lardass keels over.

One of my favourite moments of the past few years was seeing sad-faced Trump look upon celebrating DC folks as his loss was called by the news networks.

the anger and indignation expressed over the celebration by two of his children will be palpable, along with the distance of the other two and the indifference of his wife

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

She never makes any policy like ever

She's also independently wealthy, family owns construction in Georgia or something

She doesn't give a gently caress

why would she do anything except her dumb nazi ape performance. She gets paid, she gets on TV, and she nearly doubled the votes of her last opponent.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mods cannot probe this because it is part of the congressional record. Twice

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mad Hamish posted:

I think probably they'll go just to make sure he's dead.

Yeah, somebody's going to have to put the stake through his heart. I think maybe that's done with that sword Ross Perot gave to Bernie Sanders?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
When Trump dies, there will be essentially be two events - his actual funeral, where Obama, Biden, Clinton, maybe even Merkel will all come to laugh and maybe piss on his grave

his public funeral is going to be something between Woodstock, Sturgis, and a Klan rally

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I really hope there is no “decorum” for when this orange rear end in a top hat dies. As in no democrats show up including Democrat presidents

nah they should show up and blow Vuvuzelas or farts on loud speakers

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BigglesSWE posted:

I actually don't think I ever saw that reaction ..

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Failed Imagineer posted:

I actually don't think I ever saw that reaction ..

It's an honor for me to bestow this gift to you:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hopefully he dies in the summer because I’m going to my dad’s place and getting the old boombox and going down to the town center with it slung over my shoulder blasting Kool & The Gang’s Celebration

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Vampire Panties posted:

why would she do anything except her dumb nazi ape performance. She gets paid, she gets on TV, and she nearly doubled the votes of her last opponent.

If I recall correctly, her opponent had to flee the state in fear of his life, because she had Good Ole Boys in law enforcement and around her shithole town start to go Roadhouse on him

Marge is a loving idiot but she's a wealthy dangerously wreckless loving idiot, which in the USA makes you a powerful threat to anyone against you.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

vaginite posted:

Tbh from a strictly sociopathic politics standpoint, Johnson passing a clean CR and then the Dems saving him would be the dumbest thing he could do. It'd turn his entire caucus against him and essentially turn house control over to Dems because his political life would forever more be in their hands. They could from that point on dictate what he can bring to the floor, because the instant they pulled support he'd get vacated immediately.

It woulda been a real funny misstep for everyone else though.

Passing a clean CR would be good for the country too and that's something the GOP cannot allow

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Vampire Panties posted:

When Trump dies, there will be essentially be two events - his actual funeral, where Obama, Biden, Clinton, maybe even Merkel will all come to laugh and maybe piss on his grave

his public funeral is going to be something between Woodstock, Sturgis, and a Klan rally

The piss will flow.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TulliusCicero posted:

If I recall correctly, her opponent had to fleethe state in fear of his life, because she had Good Ole Boys in law enforcement and around her shithole town start to go Roadhouse on him

yeah MTG ain't going anywhere, ever, until the Congress is dissolved or she dies

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I don't know what this is but I made it for everyone here

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BigglesSWE posted:

Thank you for this.

Lol

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sedgr posted:

I sort of expect Engoron to cite Trumps behaviour during the proceedings as evidence of Trumps way of doing business. Trumps guilty already, this is largely about determining the level of guilt. How much is incompetence and how much is Trump knowingly committing crimes. Well Trump just showed in those closing statements that even surrounded by lawyers and the judge telling him what is or is not allowed, Trump just does what he wants and his underlings roll over for him. Donny has given a constant stream of evidence that this is how he operates, it's not incompetence. He knows what he's doing, is told by the experts he's breaking the rules, and still breaks them. Even in the simplest things. While he should probably get smacked with some contempt, it'll hurt him far worse in the final decision.

Pretty much. Trump has already lost in about the biggest way possible, he just keeps digging down. They weren't going to lock Trump up for that temper tantrum, though another contempt fine is likely. And the person that Trump had to convince to treat him better was the judge, who he was disrespecting and treating like poo poo. The grandstanding didn't play for a crowd because the only people who saw it were in the courtroom. He didn't even get to derail the proceedings.

One more thing to keep in mind is Engoron wants to get this over with. He doesn't want to have to deal with Trump for another two weeks. So let the baby throw a fit, mark him down for another couple of million on the fine, and enjoy how this is all going into a criminal referral.

In short, this was another gently caress up by Donnie that demonstrated what a pathetic loser he is. I wish it would have been funnier, but running out of the courtroom with tears in his eyes like he's looking for someone to say "Sir" to is still pretty good.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

disrespectful to a legend

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Gonna lol when the state of New York auctions off his property and they sell for the amount trump said they were worth.

“Huh, guess they really were worth that much… oh well!”

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah, somebody's going to have to put the stake through his heart. I think maybe that's done with that sword Ross Perot gave to Bernie Sanders?

I'm just wondering whether it'll be Stank or Choad who dramatically flings himself onto the coffin.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

MrQwerty posted:

disrespectful to a legend

I'll disrespect whoever idgaf

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dementropy posted:

I wonder what the salary range for "First Amendment Auditor" is.

https://twitter.com/KBTXRusty/status/1745480946034352543

Why the hell would you lock down a school for these dumb-asses with cameras standing around in a public space?

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

BigglesSWE posted:

Nice mullet, Kid Chud.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Trump created the Space Force. That giant sword they use for ceremonies would seem appropriate.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

The Locator posted:

Why the hell would you lock down a school for these dumb-asses with cameras standing around in a public space?

They are taking pictures of children without permission. That's creepy enough for a school to shut down.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

how dare you do this to sgt chowdown

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

SuperMarrio posted:

I mean, at this point in history is anyone surprised turnip gets to do whatever he wants and face zero consequences?

But he's not facing "zero consequences"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The man in that picture became so well known throughout the military they let him in to the SF Q Course pipeline just because they could. He went on to become a highly decorated soldier in a JSOC ghost unit and was the No. 2 man in the 160th SOAR unit that assisted seal team 6 with the takedown of Osama Bin Laden. Watch out who you photoshop.