Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

redshirt posted:

W is for WEIRZBOWSKI!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

Whybird posted:

Man, I've no idea. The only way that I can tell it's the extended cut is that I've seen Newt's family find the derelict -- it's been an age since I've seen either version.

God drat, Bishop is terrifying. That scene where they just drop him in that tunnel and he just gets on with the job totally sells how alien his thought processes must be.

do you want furbies to evolve into bishops or skynet (there is no other alternative make your choice)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

databasic posted:

do you want furbies to evolve into bishops or skynet (there is no other alternative make your choice)

Yes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWi3Mhv9Jg

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

drat you got me hoping that was a real trailer drop. Heavy use of clips from those fan-films a few years back. I remember liking the one with the dog.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got some stuff recently and I’m not sure I posted it here.

I had repaints of Hicks and Drake from late in the 90s toyline’s run, but I’d never had the original toys themselves. Now that I have more money than sense, I rectified that.

What’s extra entertaining are the character cards on the backs of the packaging:

Hicks’ card reads like a mad-libs of incorrect information, Drake’s actually manages to include a reference to his character notes from Cameron somehow - Drake was in prison and got his sentence commuted by enlisting in the Marines. Same thing with Vasquez, in fact.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Please don't hit me with an alienator missile I'm already friendless and alone

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Biplane posted:

Please don't hit me with an alienator missile I'm already friendless and alone

Friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless, and unemployed in Greenland

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Owlbear Camus posted:

This rug has a significant dollar value attached to it.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? A league game. That determines who enters the next round robin.

Apollodorus posted:

Smokey, this is not a thinly-veiled sci-fi metaphor for ‘Nam, this is bowling. There are rules.

lmao @ these

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

edogawa rando posted:

I was watching a full playthrough of the Stasis Interrupted DLC for the notorious Colonial Marines game, and my god, it's awful, in a fascinating way.

The biggest issue I see with it is that the guns feel weirdly underpowered, like you're having to fight the loving xenos and W-Y soldiers with bullets made of papier mache. At one point, it takes something like 7 or 8 shots to even make a dent on a W-Y soldier with a sniper rifle. That is utterly ridiculous. It could be a quirk of the difficulty level the person is playing at, but loving hell, it shouldn't take almost half a clip on a pulse rifle to take down one drone. At least the ammo distribution is generous, I guess.

Secondly, the combat just seems really dull. There's no sense of momentum. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled by Cyberpunk, where there's just so much movement and verticality during combat. In this case, it's just slowly making your way through identical maps (which reminds me, it's clearly super easy to get lost in there), and do constant samey horde-modes with xenos.

Probably some difficulty level shenanigans at play but if my memory is right the WY commandos were always bullet sponges. The sad thing is Stasis Interrupted was a pretty significant improvement over the base game, which says it all really.

I don't think any Alien/AvP game has ever really properly represented how powerful the weaponry truly is aside from the original AvP on the PC, where a single burst from a pulse rifle will easily take down a xeno and probably sever a limb or two in the process, and a burst from the smartgun will outright blow them apart. I don't know if theres any other horror game out there where you have such a devastatingly powerful arsenal yet are so vulnerable, but then again in most games blowing an enemy to bits in front of you doesn't usually shower you in acidic blood.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I found something better than the Romulus trailer. Not just in quality, but in combining the car keys joke with a 30-years-later alien parody!

https://youtu.be/EmI77ZBeJrQ?feature=shared

And one of these odd coincidences of history, there’s about a 25% chance that I was two stories below the stage they shot this in at the time they shot it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

YOU HUG THAT CAT RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR SO HELP ME GOD :tfrxmas:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

In the vast coldness of space, it is the cat who hugs you :ohdear:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cat is correctly judging you

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

In space, no one can hear you pspspspspsps/ekekekekekekekek

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Xenomrph posted:

In space, no one can hear you pspspspspsps/ekekekekekekekek
Kitty crap. Jones!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It would be really funny if the xenomorphs were just giant cats and if the humans just treated them like cats they wouldn't get murdered so easily.

I know everything in the movies says otherwise.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Azubah posted:

It would be really funny if the xenomorphs were just giant cats and if the humans just treated them like cats they wouldn't get murdered so easily.

Secret weapon against the xenos: a red laser pointer :getin:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It'd be a lot of work for probably a poor payoff but I always thought it'd be funny to mod the xenomorph out of Alien: Isolation and replace it with a giant housecat.

Now that I think of it, a survival horror game with a similar engine to A:I where you play a mouse trying to escape a cat, would be terrifying.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Azubah posted:

Just give them some kibble and scratch their mouth head gently :beerpal:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Mister Speaker posted:

It'd be a lot of work for probably a poor payoff but I always thought it'd be funny to mod the xenomorph out of Alien: Isolation and replace it with a giant housecat.

Now that I think of it, a survival horror game with a similar engine to A:I where you play a mouse trying to escape a cat, would be terrifying.

Tom versus Jerry: Requiem

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

To everything that is smaller than a domesticated cat, it is the embodiment of cruelty, sadism, death, and destruction. Something to be avoided at all costs. A bogey man. A creature that will freeze you in place if it can look you in the eye. You have no chance to live and it doesn't even care.

To everything that is bigger than a domesticated cat, it is AWWWW! Fuzzy wuzzy kittykins! I wub u! Pspspsps. Oh, how cute! It's trying to hunt me!

To humanity, it's insane that you'd keep a xeno around for fun.

To The Goat With A Thousand Young, they're just kinda there, man. Fucker knocked a galaxy off the shelf the other day and it sent roiling plasma all over the Oort cloud. The wife went supernova. Do you know how long we spent freezing that poo poo?! Oh well. It's a cute little thing, isn't it? Pspspsps.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

madeintaipei posted:

To everything that is bigger than a domesticated cat, it is AWWWW! Fuzzy wuzzy kittykins! I wub u! Pspspsps. Oh, how cute! It's trying to hunt me!

IDK about that. My cat wouldn't have to be much larger than he is for the relationship to be dynamically different.

Apollodorus posted:

Tom versus Jerry: Requiem

lmao

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

IDK about that. My cat wouldn't have to be much larger than he is for the relationship to be dynamically different.

No matter how big the house cat or how small the person (that is not a dig at you at all), you got thumbs and he don't.

I mean, it's not like the cat has parts of it's body that extend out of it, to kill with. It's not like it's biological drive is to fight with no mercy or thought of it's own survival.

Oh.

Oh!

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Azubah posted:

Not necessarily. As soon as Ripley let the Alien out of the shuttle, it wanted to go right back in.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

“Don’t talk to me or my son ever again.”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Xenomrph posted:

Never pegged Drake hipster enough to wear 6-color Chocolate Chip pattern.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Android Apocalypse posted:

Never pegged Drake hipster enough to wear 6-color Chocolate Chip pattern.

operation desert planet storm

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

The rpg is soooo good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

Man the detail is great but the likeness is poo poo

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yeah they didn’t get Mark Rolston’s likeness for the Drake figure. Likewise, they didn’t get Al Matthews for their Kenner Apone remake, either.

The Kenner Ripley and Vasquez figures have the actors’ likenesses, though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

"Boomhauer, you never served in the Space Marines. That's just asinine."

"Daggoneolhadleyshopechestpoppincrittersman.Talkinboutyouwerenttheredidntseethembugs."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

"Boomhauer, you never served in the Space Marines. That's just asinine."

"Daggoneolhadleyshopechestpoppincrittersman.Talkinboutyouwerenttheredidntseethembugs."

Dang... ol'... No-Stro-Mo... alien... Ash... went... got it, and... dang ol' boom!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Today I spent a little more than I probably should have (but I got a good deal, honest! No really!) on something I never thought I’d see in person:

Vintage 1979 Alien action figure (Coke can for scale).

https://youtu.be/iBhTpyJMnZY?si=ZRfVWgHa7ONw_KK9

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That's cool as hell

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It's been days; clean your counters, explain what that unholy thing on the plate is, apologize to the Arbiter, and deposit the goddamn $50 xmas check from grandma

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Clean your counters, explain what that thing on the plate is, apologize to the Arbiter, and deposit the goddamn $50 xmas check from grandma

The thing on the plate is a backflow incense burner.
https://a.co/d/brVAtUd

And yeah I need to clean the counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

FWIW that was the only thing actually bugging me, it looked like a weird slice of cake photographed over the stretch of a few days. Sorry to be snippy and your big chappie is lovely 😍