Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

Okay I say the judge makes a ruling tomorrow

Yeah I originally thought Monday (Tuesday because I forgot it's a holiday) but with the bomb threats I can see Engoron going full-throttle in ripping Trump's org in half because holy gently caress why on earth would you tell your pet cretins to make bomb threats to your judge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The GOP is losing its grip on Ohio

This state is not nearly as red as they govern it, people are furious about this dumb poo poo and DeWine caving to anti trans poo poo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This isn't really suprising too - It'd be extremely hard to get a grand jury to indict on something this awful. Shockingly, abortion and miscarriages are not the judicial selling points the GOP think they are.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

TulliusCicero posted:

This state is not nearly as red as they govern it, people are furious about this dumb poo poo and DeWine caving to anti trans poo poo

they lost control of it when they got annihilated last election on all of their amendments and poo poo, at this point they're just dictating on pure spite for the populace

i'm sure that's gonna end well

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

If pregnancy has something like a 20% chance to miscarry then who woulda thunk that maybe people don't like laws that give women a 20% chance of being thrown in prison just for trying to have a baby?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Or not even trying to at all

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Toxic Mental posted:

"The judge won't let me speak"

"The judge won't let me speak" --quote from man speaking on courthouse steps to a large group of assembled reporters

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Toxic Mental posted:

Or not even trying to at all

An IUD is a literal 9/11 every time you have sex.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Grey Cat posted:

If pregnancy has something like a 20% chance to miscarry then who woulda thunk that maybe people don't like laws that give women a 20% chance of being thrown in prison just for trying to have a baby?
Republicans: The party of having more babies*

*Prison may apply

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's hope that soon Donald "TRUMP" will have lower net worth than Rudy Giuliani.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kazil posted:

sure you can look at it like that if you want

I see it as the judge being nice to Trump and he still went on a pissy baby BIG MAD rant and had to be cut off like a child, all in front of the guy deciding how many hundreds of millions of dollars to fine his company.

a few pages back but engoron made it pretty clear to anyone who was reading between the lines that this is his strat back in late november

trump and his lawyers were going on and on about some stupid poo poo, he got disgusted and started demanding they follow court procedure and show proper deference to the dignity of the court. they called a recess and he suddenly came back a lot calmer. two days later, the prosecution objected to yet more stupid poo poo, and engoron said, in almost exactly these words, "do you want to risk an appeal complication over THIS?"

his entire strategy, for months now, has been to simply let trump and his lawyers act like complete loving fools, so when he delivers a harsh judgement, the appeals court is going to look at everything and go "lol buddy"

it's the big thing that "TRUMP" cannot understand. engoron is playing the longer game. the court of public opinion is not going to save him.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
what do you mean that pounding your fists on the table like a baby and yelling insults at a judge doesn't win court cases?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Goons itt want to normalize stalking around a school with a camera. I never heard of that poo poo in my life but you better believe that's a lockdown.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

He’s taking questions right now, and holy hell he looks awful. like the cover of fangoria having a go at the hammered dogshit look

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

explosivo posted:

Goons itt want to normalize stalking around a school with a camera. I never heard of that poo poo in my life but you better believe that's a lockdown.

I think one person asked a question but do go on.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

dude's moving like George McFly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

still lolling that Jamie Raskin called out everyone itt in that clip

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1745530503808082334

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1745532018945818673

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Grey Cat posted:

“Sir, a second plane has struck the ovaries.”

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Grey Cat posted:

jab jab jab jab jab jab jab poke poke poke poke poke ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1745530222567358713

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

TulliusCicero posted:

The county prosecutor is a Democrat. He's also a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Great! Biden has immunity. So he can have Trump drone-striked and we'll see if 2/3rd of the senate will convict him. Hell, lets find out if the GOP can even get him impeached in the first place.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Does it even matter what GOP senators think at this point? I doubt the house cares what Mitch has to say.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Trump: i'm here for my defrauding case, what're you here for?
Wayne LaPierre: oh i'm here for a different fraud case, but let me know if you want a last-minute 'expert testimonial' on your thing.

Rudy running up, wheezing: *huff hufff, oh god i hope i'm not late for my... oh hi guys! what're you guys here for?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Vire posted:

Does it even matter what GOP senators think at this point? I doubt the house cares what Mitch has to say.

I actually reached out to Mitch directly and his comment was

quote:

:zombie:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mitch McConnell and his legacy being poo poo upon and thrown under the bus as he dies by the exact people he engendered and abetted for 30 years is one of the truly great American political stories

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Who's waiting in the wings to lead Republicans in the Senate.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Vire posted:

The house is incapable of coming together to tie a pair of shoes at the moment. There's quite a few steps they need to climb before they have the luxury of caring about anything.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tommy Tuberville

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vire posted:

I didn't even know he was still alive.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nocheez posted:

Great! Biden has immunity. So he can have Trump drone-striked and we'll see if 2/3rd of the senate will convict him. Hell, lets find out if the GOP can even get him impeached in the first place.

He could drone-strike them as well, all perfectly legal.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hollismason posted:

Who's waiting in the wings to lead Republicans in the Senate.

it's going to be a leadership fight lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I said come in! posted:

I didn't even know he was still alive.

No one has found his phylactery

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

"the kids" meaning the adult, 40+, sons who are a big part of the business?...exactly why wouldn't they be dragged in?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Who is dumber: Louie Gohmert, Tom Cotton, or Tommy Tuberville?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Batterypowered7 posted:

yes

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Definitely Tuberville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Batterypowered7 posted:

Louie Gohmert done eat him too manny teeths, re-tired his seat n' done lost a primary to Kenny Paxton with a daggone 17%.