Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Animal posted:

I did see the comment. But I have to sit down later to figure out how to make the shortcut, which I’ve never done. And it’s what I said I would do. You guys really should shave those neckbeards.

Here’s a link to my one so you don’t need to make it.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/845085c9dd6f4ce09007c26de4ff378c

Happy new year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

`Nemesis posted:

can apps invoke ios shortcuts?

Yes

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

can apps install shortcuts? if so, it seems like the solution might be easy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

`Nemesis posted:

can apps install shortcuts? if so, it seems like the solution might be easy
A link embedded in the UI in some way would work. Apps can install shortcut steps of their own but idk if they can automatically install shortcuts composed of steps.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

can apps invoke ios shortcuts?

Since this is yes is it possible to have it in the same place as before with the long press?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Animal posted:

I did see the comment. But I have to sit down later to figure out how to make the shortcut, which I’ve never done. And it’s what I said I would do. You guys really should shave those neckbeards.

Many of us have posted shortcut links, you just have to go back to previous pages

:shrug:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

spanky the dolphin posted:

Here’s a link to my one so you don’t need to make it.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/845085c9dd6f4ce09007c26de4ff378c

Happy new year!

:blessed:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Since this is yes is it possible to have it in the same place as before with the long press?

I am not an app programmer but in theory it must be possible -- Drafts on iOS can be programmed to https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/actions/steps/advanced#run-shortcut

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Tenkaris posted:

Many of us have posted shortcut links, you just have to go back to previous pages

:shrug:

Already got it working, two heroes shared theirs. It took them as much effort as it would take you to wear some deodorant :thumbsup:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mawarannahr posted:

I am not an app programmer but in theory it must be possible -- Drafts on iOS can be programmed to https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/actions/steps/advanced#run-shortcut

That part can work but I’m not sure how to create the shortcut or know what it’s called on a given device. I just LARP as an iOS developer though, so an actually informed person may have a solution.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Animal posted:

Already got it working, two heroes shared theirs. It took them as much effort as it would take you to wear some deodorant :thumbsup:

Go get em champ

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Tenkaris posted:

Go get em champ

thanks king

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Is 2024 the year that the smiley keyboard gets untucked?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It is approximately impossible to Google for a way that an app can create a Shortcut, but it might be out there.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Weird quirk, seems like I can’t make Goons with Spoons a favorite forum. There is no star next to it in the forum listing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
While I do thank you folks for the shortcut, it still smacks of having to create a boot floppy for every game you own because MS-DOS can't allocate EMS and XMS memory on its own, let alone see if there's a sound card.

I didn't like having to do it back then, and I'm just too stubborn to develop Stockholm Syndrome about stuff like that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

While I do thank you folks for the shortcut, it still smacks of having to create a boot floppy for every game you own because MS-DOS can't allocate EMS and XMS memory on its own, let alone see if there's a sound card.

I didn't like having to do it back then, and I'm just too stubborn to develop Stockholm Syndrome about stuff like that.

Yeah it’s not nearly that bad and like I said before it auto converts everything to a jpg which helps immensely.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

And also stubborn enough to keep whining about the flavor to people giving you free ice cream.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I will say that implementing the shortcut into the app would be very helpful but I can see it being a nightmare.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

It's open source. You can fork it and add the feature :)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
No, I'm only smart enough to realize and be honest about my own limitations, sorry. I can't actually contribute outside of stating the obvious. :v:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is something wrong with iOS awful app?
  • App won't refresh the threadlist when I'm in subforums.
  • App won't load text when I click on threads. It just stays black.

I have a iphone ten fwiw

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I have a iphone ten fwiw

Working for me on an xs, maybe force quit app or restart phone and see what happens.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Might have logged you out?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I have a iphone ten fwiw

Working fine for me

- Posted from my iPhone 12

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

YouTube embeds no longer open, it just highlights the name of the video when you try to open it.

Edit: Should clarify this is in the TestFlight beta, the regular app still works fine.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 8, 2024

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I have a iphone ten fwiw

My app works fine

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

smackfu posted:

Might have logged you out?

Yeah it does this now and then. Had the same problem recently and had to log back in

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Grace Baiting posted:

Video's worth a thousand frames so here y'all go, as long as you can stand the low quality:

(Dunno how long Discord keeps files around but that's a problem for future goons!)

Note that my drag started on Edit, dragged down to Quote, and then released there; I didn't actually drag back up to Edit! It looks like I did because I guess the Edit button highlights again because the Edit action is being fired, right as post sheet starts appearing and just before the crash itself.

(Also this does indeed still occur when loading a thread from a forums view, not just your bookmarks page.)

Looks like my crash there has been fixed in the just-released TestFlight beta!!! :peanut:

(I also see that the hamburger menu has a title of the overall thread title; could the ellipsis menu on each individual post also have a title of the poster's name??)

THANKS DEVS

THANVS

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Test flight bug report: long-press on images doesn’t pop up the image view any more.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Subjunctive posted:

Test flight bug report: long-press on images doesn’t pop up the image view any more.

Seconded, although if you long-press on an image, then release and immediately start long-pressing again, then it will pop up the image view. (It also works if you long-press an image to start dragging it around, and then drop-but-immediately-restart-longpressing on a DIFFERENT image, interestingly enough.) Still seems like a significant bug even with this One Weird Trick of a workaround!! :ohdear:

e: basically the expected functionality is still there, but can only activate during the animation while another image is sliding back to its original location, so you have about a... quarter second or so? Some brief window when the image viewer can be actually be activated.

Grace Baiting fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 8, 2024

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

e2 but as a new post instead:

Actually this issue may affect all "longpress to activate some different UI feature" functionality in the latest TestFlight beta!! That being the issue Subjunctive identified: if you longpress on an image, you get the scenario I described above, with the awkward workaround of "stop longpress, immediately restart longpress within a fraction of a second" to get the old image viewer.

Turns out the same holds for hyperlinks too though!!! Longpressing a hyperlink should pop up the "Open in Awful, [in other browsers...], Copy URL, Share URL" menu, but currently just either starts a drag-n-drop action or begins selecting the words of the link. The same workaround though seems to work to activate that Open/Share/Copy menu though!

Plz 2 fix thx pl0x

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The latest awful app on TestFlight seems very fast and responsive. Good job folks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Subjunctive posted:

I had the same experience, to the point where holding the image and dragging around made it ‘go small’ (and in one case duplicated the image and put a ‘2’ next to it). I then scrolled down the page and saw this ha.

The second one appeared later too, on a different page I believe!

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Long press behavior on images and links are broken, possibly on more than that but I haven't tried an embedded YouTube video yet.

Edit: okay YouTube embeds are not affected :)

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 11, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I tried to start debugging the long-press issue last night and got nowhere, but I was pretty tired going in and also I’m not very good at Swift

I shall try again

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Forgot to mention but on the latest TestFlight build icons are still missing.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Skeezy posted:

Forgot to mention but on the latest TestFlight build icons are still missing.

This is affecting production

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

spankmeister posted:

This is affecting production

Please include the Pride, Trans and Riker icons on return!! Ricon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is the perpetual haptic vibration gonna be fixed?