Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I haven't seen the new Frasier but I wouldn't be surprised if the show turned out to be fash prop.

not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's pretty much still just Frasier being a pompous rear end and getting himself into farcical situations

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

New Frasier???

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Biplane posted:

New Frasier???

Yep

Also they made a Monk movie

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Biplane posted:

New Frasier???

Neo-Frasier. It takes place in the ruins of post-nuclear MegaSeattle One

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hell yeah

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Coolness Averted posted:

Last I heard there was still a medicinal botox shortage due to only 3 labs being authorized to handle and breed clostridium botulinum in the US, glad we're prioritizing how we use it.
Oh, hell, I use it as a migraine preventative and so does my husband.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Problem: The glaciers are melting because of climate change

Green solution: Chop them things up and sell them at a premium. Bam, no more melting glaciers

Once again Capitalism solves another problem while leftists are on the sidelines seething

Not only cutting them up, but shipping them thousands of miles--presumably in climate-controlled shipping containers--to the desert.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Arsenic Lupin posted:

is that why you look so young?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah I had a partner who got it for their migraines too and it really was wonderful. 15 minutes of injections once a quarter, they went from having multiple terrible migraines a week to maybe one every 5 months.

Since we're American getting approved for it was a giant pain in the rear end, and they had to go through 6 months of jumping through hoops including restarting the process around 70% of the way through since a new year started and their employer changed carriers.

Subjunctive posted:

is that why you look so young?

The scalp and temples of someone 20 years younger!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Subjunctive posted:

is this new? I remember glacier ice being a gimmick (though I wasn’t in the desert, admittedly) in like the mid-90s

ohhhh you got a Head Bag

they're full of... Heady goodness!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

Grammer is fascist

words are chuds

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

tokin opposition posted:

Grammer is fascist

I generally don’t comment on grammar or diction unless I’m being hilarious (footage not found) or think that the person might genuinely appreciate the knowledge, but when someone makes the first move and it’s wrong, well, I can’t help myself

I am but weak, cishet flesh

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

a few of the claims are in active voice but most are in passive voice. any sentence that isn't just "pronoun verb" (i.e. it includes the word "am") is passive.
As I understand it, passive voice is when the person or thing performing the action can be or is omitted because the subject is the thing being acted on.

Active voice: I kicked the ball.
Passive voice: The ball was kicked (by me).

"I am kicking the ball" is active voice because the subject of the sentence is the thing doing the action (me) and you can't remove it (me) without completely restructuring the sentence (ie. "the ball is being kicked" - passive voice).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

As I understand it, passive voice is when the person or thing performing the action can be or is omitted because the subject is the thing being acted on.

Active voice: I kicked the ball.
Passive voice: The ball was kicked (by me).

"I am kicking the ball" is active voice because the subject of the sentence is the thing doing the action (me) and you can't remove it (me) without completely restructuring the sentence (ie. "the ball is being kicked" - passive voice).

yeah

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
money plane

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Laterite posted:

money plane

no u

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

cut my fingers on the money plane

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
this is my last resort

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Wow! She turned 2k and 20~ hours a week into a 408k side hustle, I better read the article, and see how

Oh,

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I mean I know a few people that have started businesses and connected with Chinese factories without any kind of family connection or language ability. But tbf they probably got the gwailou price.

One of those friends gave me a heads-up about COVID in Dec 2019 because his suppliers in Wuhan were getting hosed. I bought some masks and a really big bag of rice

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I didn't post the whole article, and tbf that kid is also a really high achiever and seems very smart, so isn't a fail-kid just handed a duplex as their high school graduation present. However, there's a ton of little details in the story that make it clear we very much have a system where winners keep on winning. The story also mentions a 'failed business' she launched and lessons she applied from it to the one that worked, which is a luxury the average person doesn't have.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
For sure, I'm not trying to hand it to them or anything. But just for anyone reading to know, you can achieve your dream of setting up a business drop-shipping Chinese-made useless crap around the world!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
hey at least the chinese can actually make the useless crap, we can't even do that anymore lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hey at least the chinese can actually make the useless crap, we can't even do that anymore lol

Hey, they still build stuff in this country!

• Rolled paper tubes on a 35" wire
  • Sometimes simple is best, your cat will go nuts over this irresistible lure
  • Wire is spring steel and paper twists are rolled cardboard
  • Home-tested by over 8 million cats
  • Made in the USA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My cat is one of the 8 million...goes nuts for that thing

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

Hey, they still build stuff in this country!

• Rolled paper tubes on a 35" wire
  • Sometimes simple is best, your cat will go nuts over this irresistible lure
  • Wire is spring steel and paper twists are rolled cardboard
  • Home-tested by over 8 million cats
  • Made in the USA

lol @ the mouse. old, busted

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
isn't most of the "built in the usa" just they ordered all the components overseas and did the final assembly in the US? It could be that they ordered the toy and the cardboard backing and then tied it together when they came in.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

poemdexter posted:

isn't most of the "built in the usa" just they ordered all the components overseas and did the final assembly in the US? It could be that they ordered the toy and the cardboard backing and then tied it together when they came in.

probably. also it would never have happened if the USA had healthcare -- you see, its lack drives innovation!

quote:

My evening job was sweeping up scrap metal at a factory. One night I picked up a piece of wire with cardboard strips attached to it and bent it around. I thought, ‘I bet my cats would like this.’ When I brought it home, they chased it and did back-flips until they were exhausted. I’d bring it out when we had parties. People began asking me for one of their own. I made those wire cat toys with pliers and tin snips and just gave them away.

In the early 1980s, I suffered from cluster migraines. I was either debilitated by the pain or lethargic because of the medication. I couldn’t keep a job with a normal schedule, so I was looking for a business to start. I had about $1,500 in savings and thought, ‘Let’s see if I can get this cat toy into a store.’

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
ok that guy sounds cool and i support his venture. I hope he's doing well.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And the cats are happy. An american success story all around!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The cats found out why the US doesn't have free healthcare.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

They're good toys

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Orange Devil posted:

The cats found out why the US doesn't have free healthcare.

Cats control America and intentionally keeps us from mental healthcare so we'll be more lonely and adopt more cats.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Cats control America and intentionally keeps us from mental healthcare so we'll be more lonely and adopt more cats.

catitalism.png

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

tokin opposition posted:

something something toxoplasmosis

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Weatherman posted:

something something toxoplasmosis

more like tokinplasmosis amirite?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Frodo carrying a kitten to mount doom

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh god I read that as tolkeinplasmosis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

Seattle is lonely...