Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Egg Moron posted:

Never thought I’d hate fetterman so intensely

He's more than a gently caress: a genocidal gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He's basically Big Joe Biden.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Hey man, you don't have to do the gimmick where you edit those articles, we all get that Israel is the 4th Reich and Netanyahu is Hitler 2.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
What is a newsposter without a gimmick? Nothing, worthless.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Honestly everything being edited to Naziland and poo poo kind of makes them annoying for me to parse

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I still have no idea what the difference between the two are.
isn’t the way they work that one party does center right liberalism for a decade, and when people get fed up the other party advertises itself as the hope and change party and they swap places with the new ruling party then doing the exact same policies

At this point you'd be hard pressed to find any real difference between them.
For a long time, Fine Gael were seen as the party for well-off farmers, whereas Fianna Fáil were the party for urban people and small business owners. Going by gut feeling, FF are more populist than FG and have had the shadier leaders in modern history - Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern for example. The latter claimed not to have a bank account and was also Minister for Finance.
Both parties are both trying their damnest to keep Sinn Féin out of power, hence the weird dodging between supporting Palestine verbally while noping out of doing anything practical. They know that Irish public support for Palestine is enormous and SF are very much in favour of the Irish government taking an actual stance.

So lip-service, essentially. :(

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Israeli Twitter having a normal one today. (Unironically, this is normal for them).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1745528553343738363

how are they supposed to bomb yemen if they don't have any sailors

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

maruhkati posted:

Israeli Twitter having a normal one today. (Unironically, this is normal for them).

the argentine flag lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Stairmaster posted:

fly a solitary B2 from missouri to drop a few 2000lb bombs on a guy with a couple of RC planes in the bed of a pickup truck (that is also from missouri)

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hey man, you don't have to do the gimmick where you edit those articles, we all get that Israel is the 4th Reich and Netanyahu is Hitler 2.

I am still very fond of good news/bad news gimmick.

Stairmaster posted:

Why does this banker pretend what he does matters and UK is still a UNSC permanent member?

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Jan 11, 2024

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

maruhkati posted:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

The Sunak Zone

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

maruhkati posted:

Nice to see the quiet parts being screamed out loud like that

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I know the Spitting Image revival got cancelled two years ago but they should come out and drop an updated 'I've Never Met a Nice South African' that's just actually a redaction and all about how awful Israelis are.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

dieselfruit posted:

This is also included in this (very large, and very good) collection of posters put together by Artists Against Apartheid.

https://againstapartheid.art/downloads

Support the artists if you can, but this is a great resource for downloadable and printable agitprop

Yup. Will be available at the local protest. "Suggested donations" go to PCRF.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Weren't Israel and South Africa military allies back in the day, guess once they overcame apartheid there was nothing in common between them

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

Weren't Israel and South Africa military allies back in the day, guess once they overcame apartheid there was nothing in common between them

They even secretly tested a nuke together, well it's not confirmed confirmed but still:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vela_incident

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

They even secretly tested a nuke together, well it's not confirmed confirmed but still:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vela_incident

they also collaborated on icbms for their nukes, which israel supposedly has a bunch of

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm always struck by how incredibly wack and degenerate the Israelis and their culture are, their art, their movies, their social media trends and memes, like they're aping the absolute worst lame rear end elements of white American/European culture but even loving lamer. Not surprising for white supremacists but still, imagine just having SNL but it's LESS FUNNY (which seems impossible) and MORE RACIST.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so america, if it didn't have black people to provide it culture

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm always struck by how incredibly wack and degenerate the Israelis and their culture are, their art, their movies, their social media trends and memes, like they're aping the absolute worst lame rear end elements of white American/European culture but even loving lamer. Not surprising for white supremacists but still, imagine just having SNL but it's LESS FUNNY (which seems impossible) and MORE RACIST.

that's just conservative white ppl in general

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Voice of Labor posted:

Yeah pretty much

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

:drat:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Pogroms have historically been done by state actors

Incorrect. At least far from exclusively.

DynamicSloth posted:

Does make me think if they don't issue a provisional order in short order there is zero chance they decide to find against Israel down the road .

The case will take years to decide and 5 judges are being replaced this year, so we might see a different result at each one. The judges being replaced are from Morocco, USA, Jamaica, Australia and Russia. USA and Russia, as Security Council members, will get new judges; Australia will be replaced by another western country; Morocco and Jamaica with another country from Africa and the Caribbean/Latin America respectively.

It's the last two which could easily change the verdict.

Owlbear Camus posted:

"this too is genocide so they cancel out."

Israel just loves the classics. Double genocide 2.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the court going either way will ruin its legitimacy, either with the First World or the rest of it.

Mostly with our liberal overlords in the first world it's looking more and more like.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

SA's new management was admittedly pretty sore about Israel and their proxies spying on anti apartheid protesters for the old bosses.

https://psmag.com/news/kings-garbage-76228

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1745511931585122483?s=20

The lede on this video is he talks about how Palestinians in the West Bank learned how to disable Israeli jeeps by throwing sandwich bags of paint in the windshield, and for this alone they should've killed 100 people.

lol

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 22:01 on Jan 11, 2024

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

KomradeX posted:

While that is a compelling point, I usually think Russia and China are very open and direct about their intentions that only Western commentators seem to have problems understanding their motives and actions, while internally sabotaging a project they were on for their personal benefit is more of an America thing to do. But maybe I've read the situation wrong

And thank you for the correction

I didn't put quotes around vaunted to correct your spelling but because I don't consider them vaunted just fyi.

Wasn't trying to be a catty bitch.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

I'm pretty sure the South Africa reference is about their infamous apartheid government and not him signaling support for a conspiracy theory that a global white genocide is about to happen.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nucleic Acids posted:

I'm pretty sure the South Africa reference is about their infamous apartheid government and not him signaling support for a conspiracy theory that a global white genocide is about to happen.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1745281567671615930?s=20
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1745287605338636658?s=20

This is what passes for the philosemitic brain trust.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
he just edited the first tweet

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

it's basically this months-old meme at this point

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Haha, that's painfully accurate

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

I didn't put quotes around vaunted to correct your spelling but because I don't consider them vaunted just fyi.

Wasn't trying to be a catty bitch.

Thats okay

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

You know who else decided to open up the war in multiple theaters and got their rear end kicked

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Sancho Banana posted:

Yeah that's what it says. There's definitely a growing sentiment even in Israeli media that at the very least some Israeli civilians were killed by IDF tanks on October 7th, it's kinda undeniable at this point.

Isn't that the question they shoulda been asking when they quietly revised the 1400 dead to 1200? Because 200 were burnt up Gazans bodies. And that must mean there are way more burnt up Israeli bodies too right?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Stairmaster posted:

Thought we didn't want a wider conflict.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it’s kind of awesome how all the worst people in the world are lining up behind Israel.

https://twitter.com/emaeriaeem/status/1745426976066691136?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine posted:

Commenting on the Sessions of the International Court of Justice

The International Community Faces a Real and Moral Test, and the Priority Now is to Impose Binding Measures to stop the Genocide War.

International institutions face a real and moral test regarding the seriousness of dealing with South Africa's request to prosecute the zionist occupation for committing genocide against the Palestinian people, in light of the International Court of Justice in The Hague holding its first session today.

The priority now is to impose emergency measures to compel the zionist occupation to stop its ongoing genocide war against our Palestinian people in the Strip, in accordance with Article Nine of the "Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide." The Front calls on Arab and friendly countries to take their responsibilities seriously in following up on this urgent issue, in victory for justice and loyalty to the blood of the Palestinian people.

The International Court of Justice has significant and ethical responsibilities in seriously following up on this invitation presented by South Africa, away from the policy of procrastination and stalling or succumbing to American and Western pressures. It is time for these institutions to abandon their negligence and complicity by taking effective decisions to stop the aggression, and to prosecute the leaders of the zionist occupation as war criminals before the International Criminal Court, and all who joined them, supported them, and gave them the green light to continue the genocide war against the Palestinian people.

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
Central Media Department
11-1-2024