Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’ve found a few to apply to thanks! FWIW I was more complaining about LinkedIn and am not having “trouble” in my search other than it seems wildly harder than it did even a few years ago. Like mentioned, it just feels like the signal to noise is hosed now, and so few people believe me that there’s just tons of “fake” job postings out there. if these places have thousands of applicants and are reposting month after month, what the gently caress else do you call that other than fake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/

worth a shot. i have my lucrative high honcho public job through it

they're doing a lot of hiring for AI bs. they got a rubber stamp to expedite hiring for roles for this and I think higher wages than their usual.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

new alienation remedy just dropped

I'm guessing this kills the plant.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wow ai

Iverron
May 13, 2012

loquacius posted:

LinkedIn is totally useless. Signal-to-noise ratio is hosed in both jobs and applications

use this filter in ublock or whatever to make the search results actually useful

code:
www.linkedin.com##li:has-text(Promoted)

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Xaris posted:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/

worth a shot. i have my lucrative high honcho public job through it

There's also a SA thread for gov jobs over in BFC.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3324421

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is being reported that the USA will begin bombing Yemen tonight.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

thank you president biden

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mr Hootington posted:

It's wild how bitchmade the UK is when it comes to licking the US's boots. When we say jump they don't even ask how high any more, because they've jumped for the US so many times they know exactly what's expected.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I have been playing alot of wow lately

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Sydin posted:

It's wild how bitchmade the UK is when it comes to licking the US's boots. When we say jump they don't even ask how high any more, because they've jumped for the US so many times they know exactly what's expected.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and now for the worst thing you will see all day, and possibly all month

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1745533600064528429

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Mr Hootington posted:

I can't imagine a more effective way to destroy the Houthis than to have a US client state bomb them. It will surely work this time.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

triple sulk posted:

guillotine

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

triple sulk posted:

lmao the production value is so shoddy

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm the pants the guy at home isn't wearing

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Retromancer posted:

I can't imagine a more effective way to destroy the Houthis than to have a US client state bomb them. It will surely work this time.

this time the pilots will be white

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

this story broke today, though the filings were a few weeks ago. I reckon the computer touchers will fare better.

Kent plant closure to result in layoff of 121 workers

reducing the inventory stock by closing down the thing the stock flows through (the manufacturing facility), brilliant.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
'avin a bit a cheeky genocide before tea innit

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

an aid in understanding the current disconnect between voters' lying eyes & the government's happy talk.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Smythe posted:

china is also selling the best EV in the world right now, the BYD Seagull, whihc I want very badly. but cannot due to TARRIFS! a tale as old as this nation...

Bro its like $13,000 BRAND NEW its so loving unfair we get musks turdmobiles instead

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

triple sulk posted:

why doesn't the lighting on each speaker match the lighting in the backgroun... lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

like why did they need to build a 737 MAX anyway - if it's still the same airframe why not just keep building the 737 vanilla

Short version is that the 737 is too short for modern big kid jet engines. The original 737 only carried ~100 people while the HBO MAX 9 carries over 200 with Ryan Air seating. Ironic that Ryan Air uses an actual door instead of plugs in those spots and aren't involved in this kerfuffle as far as I'm aware.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Xaris posted:

tbf, btc price has really nothing to do with bitcoin production. and with the bitcoin halving, its even less profitable. it's not actually tied toward a production, it's a speculative 'asset'. that is, everyone decides to start buying in at $60k pushes the market price up for no reason other than speculation. like-wise wash-trading can push it up without a change in production. so yes, it 'could' go to 600k without a change in the existing consumption.

also very little is used on the actual ledger because it's too long and $$. it is all essentially fiat trading through networks like coinbase that promise you totally own this coin and it's now totally worth +500%.

a sustained 600k price would probably lead to much more mining

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Justin Tyme posted:

Bro its like $13,000 BRAND NEW its so loving unfair we get musks turdmobiles instead

GM and Nissan made perfectly good cheap EV's, but the market wants electric Muskmobiles.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

webcams for christ posted:

yes hello i would like to call in an airstrike

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nothus posted:

GM and Nissan made perfectly good cheap EV's, but the market wants electric Muskmobiles.

Yeah for like twice what the seagull costs!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

gradenko_2000 posted:

like why did they need to build a 737 MAX anyway - if it's still the same airframe why not just keep building the 737 vanilla
the answer to this is airlines like southwest that have so many loving 737 and the associated maintenance equipment/knowledge that it's too lucrative to NOT make something based on the same airframe

gotta keep making a latest and greatest

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ArmedZombie posted:

why doesn't the lighting on each speaker match the lighting in the backgroun... lmao

And they think so little of their employees that they make no effort to hide it

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

Because the hostage dancers are working in front of a green screen and you're asking quite a bit from a company that has only managed to raise $427 million in funding

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when i think webmd, i think crushing the competition

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

The American Medical Association must pay for their crimes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

drives me nuts dude

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

We believe in the free market, as long as we win.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

yeah that was kinda weird. you're... a medical dictionary

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

It is happening. Wider conflict begins

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

webcams for christ posted:

it could, definitely. depends on the balance of energy costs versus decreasing payout rate. just saying it doesn't have to because all the transactions are pretty much occurring as a fake spreadsheet fiat-esque transaction on "coinbase". it's like those gold funds where you buy in and you totally own this gold bro. doesn't mean they're actually acquiring more gold or it's actually really under your ownship. the value is not changing due to a production/supply, but simply financial speculation.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

https://www.reuters.com/business/maersk-bypass-panama-canal-amid-drought-2024-01-11/

Maersk to use rail for some vessels to bypass Panama Canal amid drought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

It is happening. Wider conflict begins

oh poo poo we getting the band back together