Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

American McGay posted:

Counterpoint, the game 3 posts up you loving numbskull.

I think you:

A. don't make a good point

B. are unecessarily hostile.

Not a good look tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bloodstained had lazy devs,its not complicated

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The curse of the moon games were better. Classicvania is better than Metroidvania overall so it makes sense

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

bloodstained had lazy devs,its not complicated

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh huh

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1745502528140181534?t=tUXjZ8yKP0EdkpNo61SryQ&s=19

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gameshark making a comeback is only awesome if they are able to go back to their days of providing ways to cheat in single player games. But the chances of that happening in your modern day extremely locked down current gen consoles, is 0%.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Honestly I'll believe the techbro corpse of loving GameShark more than any YouTube leaker with inside information. Switch 2 finally happening this year, we are so blessed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i bet this is just them making poo poo up to get people talking about their lovely product and they don't have any real idea when switch 2 is coming

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though apparently we’ll still be getting Switch games at least into next year:

https://www.nintendolife.com/features/round-up-everything-announced-at-the-level-5-vision-2023-november-showcase

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i bet this is just them making poo poo up to get people talking about their lovely product and they don't have any real idea when switch 2 is coming

Yeah pretty much, unless you're a massive game publisher or big time indie dev, you are not working with Switch 2 dev kits right now or have any sort of contact with someone at Nintendo who would tell you about Switch 2. I do still think we are probably getting a new Nintendo console, like 90% confident in it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I said come in! posted:

Gameshark making a comeback is only awesome if they are able to go back to their days of providing ways to cheat in single player games. But the chances of that happening in your modern day extremely locked down current gen consoles, is 0%.

Lol what the gently caress is this statement from them:

quote:

"Harnessing the power of AI, supercomputers and our exceptional code-writing team, we are aiming to eclipse the original GameShark's triumphs tenfold and redefine the gaming landscape on a global scale," said Ai Shark Founder Todd Hays wrote in a press release. "Altec Lansing is our first inaugural peripheral licensing partner, and we will assist them in capturing a significant share of the $2.5B video gaming headset marketplace. This marks the start of a series of AI Gaming technology partnerships that will enhance the gaming ecosystem for players worldwide."

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i mean, the last wii game came out in 2020, so yeah there will still be switch games coming out after the next nintendo console

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i mean, the last wii game came out in 2020, so yeah there will still be switch games coming out after the next nintendo console

And hopefully BC!

in game news, I have discovered Super Mario 3D World (+ BF) and holy poo poo it's such a delight. And 11 years old?!?! That's nuts.

Bad news is kids have discovered that and Animal Crossing so I no longer get to play on the Switch.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Annath posted:

I think its less lazy devs (the game itself is awesome and clearly a lot of heart went into it) and more they completely overestimated the Switch's capabilities.
It's a fairly unoptimized UE4 port. There's nothing inherent about the design of the game that would preclude it from running well on the Switch, but consider that it's a game that runs "well enough" on UE4, which itself is an engine that only runs "well enough" on the Switch and that explains the baggage a bit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gently caress you gameshark you ruined my childhood

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Meowywitch posted:

says u - I owned a gameshark and was the most popular kid on the block

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Meowywitch posted:

Mom found out Dad was a cheater ay? Mine too bud.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GameShark was loving awesome.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Cheating owns (in single player games, and multiplayer if everyone is cool with it).

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Prince of Persia demo is out now, someone download and report back

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

Honestly I'll believe the techbro corpse of loving GameShark more than any YouTube leaker with inside information. Switch 2 finally happening this year, we are so blessed.

They'll look really stupid in September when SwitchTwo doesn't release

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I still have my reservation stub to pick up the GameCube GameShart from FuncoLand.

Hopin' this new company will make good on that promise.

BonoMan posted:

"We want venture capital."

American McGay posted:

Just saw that the new Prince of Persia game that looks promising is by the Rayman Legends devs. That's an instabuy.

Hot diggity. My wife just got back in the Rayman mood and 100%ed Legends a week or two ago. We were both kinda jonesin' for more.

Not sure I like the PoP aesthetic as much but I can put up with that. Also it seems there's a demo.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Gonna do that before my big flight comin' up.

But also gonna be on the other half of the globe so the reporting back might be delayed.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

WHY BONER NOW posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1745249550221062559?t=Y-gnwmx8kN2kbIQWDU2JIA&s=19

Gotta admit I'm getting a little hyped for this. 130 levels! New worlds! New obstacles! Local coop!

I really liked DK 94 (who didn't??) but I don't have much interest in the lemmings stuff.

Oh yeah and the prince of Persia demo is supppsed to be today...don't see it in the store yet

Thinking about pairing this + DK Tropical freeze for my kid's bday end of Feb, donkey kong time baby

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I want to try DK94 since lots of people here recommend it and it's been decades since I tried it.

So why the hell isn't it on the Switch?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

BonoMan posted:

https://shark.loginto.me

lmao

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

it's too perfect

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I hope the Switch 2 has more offensive cyber and less defensive cyber.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

You can't fool me with Ai Tony Hawk

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's a fairly unoptimized UE4 port. There's nothing inherent about the design of the game that would preclude it from running well on the Switch, but consider that it's a game that runs "well enough" on UE4, which itself is an engine that only runs "well enough" on the Switch and that explains the baggage a bit.
I feel like part of the problem is that the Switch released most of the way through RotN's extremely cursed dev cycle, so they had to rush to slap together a Switch port in time for release. I also heard that maybe the Switch port uses code from the cancelled ports, like Vita and Wii U?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I put 100 hours into TotK before summer while only completing one temple. I was away for three months and my switch has an annoying issue where the left joycon occasionally disconnects in portable mode so I was happy to wait to come back to playing it on my big screen at home. I also discovered that my switch is hackable and having seen 4k 60fps TotK I want to experience the rest of the game that way, but haven't yet got around to hacking my switch properly to pull the save off it, but it's nice to have that to look forward to and now we're in the doldrums of winter I'll do it soon.

Anyway I bought Dusk and Hades in the winter sale and have been loving the poo poo out of Dusk, as I knew I would. Still have Hades to try but I'm sure I'll love that too. I also borrowed Wonder from my nephew who 100% completed it, which was convenient because I was on the fence about buying it for myself. Switch owns.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I read this as:

Butterfly Valley posted:

I put 100 hours into Tik toK before summer while only completing one temple.

And I was like, "Amateur. My wife does that while "working" in one week..."

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dude's beard so filthy it breaks the grayscale filter.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Mega64 posted:

I want to try DK94 since lots of people here recommend it and it's been decades since I tried it.

So why the hell isn't it on the Switch?

Because they want me, specifically, to suffer.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They wanna save the best Game Boy game for last

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
How did Game Genie work?

I’ll never forgive a Game Genie for breaking my NES. It needed to be repaired and the electronics repair guy told me he saw lots of NES broken by Game Genies.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's pretty obvious we are getting a Switch 2 by the end of the year, the only original nintendo game on the horizon is the peach game

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wildtortilla posted:

How did Game Genie work?

I’ll never forgive a Game Genie for breaking my NES. It needed to be repaired and the electronics repair guy told me he saw lots of NES broken by Game Genies.

did you have a friend who claimed to be a "Game Genie" or the thing that went on the cart?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wildtortilla posted:

How did Game Genie work?

Part of a game Genie code is a memory address and part of a game Genie code is a value. So essentially it can set a variable which can have a lot of effects. For instance usually gravity in games is calculated from a lookup table that tells them game by which amount to decrease or increase y velocity. Change that memory address to a lower number, and now you have low gravity!

Or something simple like change the live counter to 9, you always have 9 lives.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

WHY BONER NOW posted:

ubisoft online error so you cant play it :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I played the Prince of Persia demo. Game is good!

Gameplay is fun. Combat is satisfying. I forgot which review said it has a touch of Sekiro, but they were right. It's super fun to parry, but you pretty much have to learn the attach patterns of each enemy type. It's an active process rather than just hammering the attack button. If you get a parry on a big attack, you get a quick cut scene where your guy does a cool move and kills the enemy. Like when Samus does one of her execution moves.

The platforming is pretty fun, too. You start out with wall jumps and an air dash. I did a few very minor sequence breaks just buy jumping around and exploring the abilities.

A short while into the game you are given the map and an ability to take screenshots and tie them to a map location. So when you find a spot you need to double jump, you can take a screenshot then later when you find the magic shoes or whatever, you see the screenshot on the map and know where to go.

You can equip amulets at save points that give you various perks, like adding a finisher to your combo or regain health when completing a parry.

I don't know how to count frames, but it looks good to me. Story seems fine.

I made it to a boss and then the demo ended :(

Try out the demo, people!