Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Vakal posted:

The power move is to just make a massive and detailed wiki for a movie, series, book that doesn't exist since wiki's are really what people care about these days.

Okay I'm gonna make a wiki of every funny joke in space cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

mysterious frankie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg29TuWo0Yo

I now feel like he accidentally made this too optimistic, because in it you’re making an eternal digital version of yourself and it can find love. Interacting with real digital avatars is more blandly stupid than existentially troubling.

I think about this skit way too often

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Alan is very talented, I've long liked his stuff. If nathan fielder is the kwisatz haderach, alan is one of the might have beens

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Vakal posted:

The power move is to just make a massive and detailed wiki for a movie, series, book that doesn't exist since wiki's are really what people care about these days.

I couldn’t believe it when I realized people do literally exactly this.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm very upset at the fact checkers that haven't added a community note to this yet

https://twitter.com/dril/status/862757324305334273?t=9PtQcT3pFVjeym8LDCKTKA&s=19

Vakal
May 11, 2008

reignofevil posted:

Okay I'm gonna make a wiki of every funny joke in space cop

I want to visit the timeline where Space Cop was the boy's Evil Dead 1 moment and now Mike is currently in place to direct the next Marvel block buster.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's enjoyable to know that the youths make encyclopedic wikis about eg the injokes of their discord servers and such. In about 10-15 years you will be able to remind them of this to kill them instantly

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm very upset at the fact checkers that haven't added a community note to this yet

https://twitter.com/dril/status/862757324305334273?t=9PtQcT3pFVjeym8LDCKTKA&s=19

Do people usually add community notes that just say “this is true?”

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's enjoyable to know that the youths make encyclopedic wikis about eg the injokes of their discord servers and such. In about 10-15 years you will be able to remind them of this to kill them instantly

Yet another embarrassing internet trend goons were on the cutting edge of

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Maybe I'm hopelessly biased but I feel like bad as that was eg this is way worse, perhaps just because it's current year http://joepedia.wikidot.com/

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

mysterious frankie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg29TuWo0Yo

I now feel like he accidentally made this too optimistic, because in it you’re making an eternal digital version of yourself and it can find love. Interacting with real digital avatars is more blandly stupid than existentially troubling.

Well I guess this is the great great great great grandfather of Calvin Sylveste.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Maybe I'm hopelessly biased but I feel like bad as that was eg this is way worse, perhaps just because it's current year http://joepedia.wikidot.com/

i think this is cringier but only because theres more work behind it

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

really thought this was going to be a joe rogan wiki, and it somehow turned out even worse!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

His Divine Shadow posted:

Well I guess this is the great great great great grandfather of Calvin Sylveste.

i just finished that book. i liked the sciency bits, i feel writing characters is not the author's strong suit but not terrible. reading some iain banks now then will return for the rest at some point.

this is appropriate to this thread because it was also clearly written to be easy to adapt into an episodic tv show

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Alan is very talented, I've long liked his stuff. If nathan fielder is the kwisatz haderach, alan is one of the might have beens

Perfect segue opportunity to remind everyone that I like The Curse, and that the final episode should drop tomorrow. Man, I can’t wait!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Oh my god the new Auralnauts is loving amazing.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I had to drop the curse, it's unwatchable for me, but even I have to acknowledge being impressed by how thoroughly it was carried out. In the extended dune metaphor here, it's most like when paul killed 61 billion people

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

killed 61 billion people

NO EPISODE 10 SPOILERS!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh my god the new Auralnauts is loving amazing.

You can't just say that and not post the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

First bit of Oppenheimer made me want to punch myself in the balls over and over. Might take 3 or 4 tries to finish this one.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

sharknado slashfic posted:

First bit of Oppenheimer made me want to punch myself in the balls over and over.
did you do it?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

sharknado slashfic posted:

First bit of Oppenheimer made me want to punch myself in the balls over and over. Might take 3 or 4 tries to finish this one.
I rewatched it and it feels like it goes on forever. There are real good parts of it, like the Trinity test scene and the scene where Oppenheimer gives a speech but freaks out and sees the crowd being melted by a nuclear blast, but man, the rest is so dull to me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
barbie was the better of the two movies released that day

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Everyone seemed very hyped about Oppenheimer but I haven't even bothered to watch it. I don't see the big appeal.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Rageaholic posted:

I rewatched it and it feels like it goes on forever. There are real good parts of it, like the Trinity test scene and the scene where Oppenheimer gives a speech but freaks out and sees the crowd being melted by a nuclear blast, but man, the rest is so dull to me.

Titties

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

starkebn posted:

Everyone seemed very hyped about Oppenheimer but I haven't even bothered to watch it. I don't see the big appeal.

Titties

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Titties

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I am Kingo (thrust), destroyer of threads (thrust)

- a real scene in the film Oppenheimer dir. Christopher Nolan

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there's no need for name calling

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

starkebn posted:

-The film has fantastic cinematography
-I really enjoyed Emily Blunt’s performance
-Time jumps are used to enhance the story
-Trinity test sequence is phenomenal
-It works as a tense political thriller
-Each role is a surprise guest star
-Some breasts are shown

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Endless Trash posted:

-The film has fantastic cinematography
-I really enjoyed Emily Blunt’s performance
-Time jumps are used to enhance the story
-Trinity test sequence is phenomenal
-It works as a tense political thriller
-Each role is a surprise guest star
-Some breasts are shown

You don’t gotta sell us on Barbie, what about Oppenheimer?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's just a really well made, well acted movie. Not going to argue it isn't slow at times though, no sweat if people aren't into it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my favorite part of oppenheimer is when it goes off and he turns to the other guy and says 'somebody set us up the bomb'

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I liked when RLM guest star Jack Quaid was playing the bongos on his car

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

starkebn posted:

It was a good movie OP

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I liked when RLM guest star Jack Quaid was playing the bongos on his car

I don’t think he even has any lines. Pretty loving awesome he gets a part in a Nolan film solely due to his bongo skills.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

after the success of oppenheimer, nolan is in the prime position in his career to direct an eclectic script by an obscure screenwriter (but one with some experience in the industry). perhaps about the adventures of a wayward monkey with silly garments?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Gutcruncher posted:

I couldn’t believe it when I realized people do literally exactly this.

There’s a few good short fiction pieces that are written as wiki articles.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don’t think he even has any lines. Pretty loving awesome he gets a part in a Nolan film solely due to his bongo skills.

He has lines, but I don't think they ever name his character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

First of May posted:

He has lines, but I don't think they ever name his character.

I think it was Joe Bongo?