Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Eagerly awaiting 15 January, when Ohtori falls outside of the two week chain probe window.

I'm with Her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Eagerly awaiting 15 January, when Ohtori falls outside of the two week chain probe window.

wow, you want to see a marginalized person defenestrated? sickening...

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i just hope that will allow the ik to get more than 5 hours and 45 minutes of sleep

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Al! posted:

did you refuse a background check or drug screen because a lot of systems will throw you out automatically if you do that. the other thing that could have happened is your job application reminded them that they needed to take down the job posting

Naw, and the job posting only went up yesterday and is still up right now.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

i just hope that will allow the ik to get more than 5 hours and 45 minutes of sleep

I don't

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

KirbyKhan posted:

technically another cspam political prisoner (who must be freed)

free croup

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its good to get plenty of sleep

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

You have been visited by the good sleep IK. You will have 5 hours and 45 minutes of sleep but only if you comment "User loses posting privileges for 6 hours."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
well we definitely know they arent using a script because fluffdaddy told them not to

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

well we definitely know they arent using a script because fluffdaddy told them not to

it really can't be understated how easy it is to inject a random interval of minutes at the end of each iteration to throw off anyone looking for too many perfectly timed probes.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

it really can't be understated how easy it is to inject a random interval of minutes at the end of each iteration to throw off anyone looking for too many perfectly timed probes.
they got this as a parameter and/or decorator in the most popular web scraping libraries

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

they got this as a parameter and/or decorator in the most popular web scraping libraries

My thought process would be setting up a spare laptop with nothing but python and one of the handful of modules that allows cursor control through the kernel, set up an array with probation reasons to choose at random, randomize n seconds between 30 and 600 before hitting the button, set it to run and just walk away

I'm great at over-engineering solutions, though.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

aw frig aw dang it posted:

You have been visited by the good sleep IK. You will have 5 hours and 45 minutes of sleep but only if you comment "User loses posting privileges for 6 hours."

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

slept for nearly 12 hours last night (been sleeping about 5°45'00" the last couple of weeks) and i feel renewed today

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Al! posted:

slept for nearly 12 hours last night (been sleeping about 5°45'00" the last couple of weeks) and i feel renewed today

12 hrs makes me way more tired than getting like 4 or 5 hrs of sleep personally. 7 is my sweet spot

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this tincture I've been using is like what I've heard propofol is like: knockout sleep for 8-9 hours & wake up fully rested.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my_custom_username posted:

12 hrs makes me way more tired than getting like 4 or 5 hrs of sleep personally. 7 is my sweet spot

i was definitely way more groggy than usual but i definitely needed to catch up

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I bought another tincture called Rest that includes lavender & some other stuff but the tincture called Calm is the knockout punch for me.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

MMmm propofol yum yum yum yum yum.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Poppers posted:

MMmm propofol yum yum yum yum yum.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

banking this for my next weekend nap, will follow up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

my_custom_username posted:

same. i find it too easy to blow past 7 but i always feel worse if i do

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

drat both yesterday and today a ton of emails and request come in like right as i am trying to sign off. very annoying. let me stop working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

no you won't uwhaha

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i sleep in blocks of 3-4 hours because small children waking in the night have destroyed that part of my brain

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

8 to 10 hours is what works for me.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i curse everyone in cspam to never sleep again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
way ahead of you

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i curse everyone in cspam to never sleep again

I'm a guy and can't get menopause

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Work just called and canceled our shift tomorrow due to the impending snowstorm. Need that scratch, but a three day is good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Check out this new bop my grandkid is enjoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TC3S-4e838

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Work just called and canceled our shift tomorrow due to the impending snowstorm. Need that scratch, but a three day is good.

you're welcome

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you're welcome

Thank you Miss Weather

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

we get a 3-day here because MLK Day is monday and my employer isn't racist

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh gently caress i forgot i get monday off lol. i would have probably accidentally went in. i've done that before on cesar chavez day and was very confused why the parking lot was closed and lights were off

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

same

incredible gaming time coming this Monday

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it turns out that hospitals dont really have holidays so if i want mlk day off i have to take pto

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

My employer is racist so I have to work monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

it turns out that hospitals dont really have holidays so if i want mlk day off i have to take pto

you should sign up at the VA they get all the holidays even juneteenth