Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:five: :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Froghammer posted:

I maintain that Trump dying would be the absolute worst-case scenario for America, as it will immediately canonize him as an immortal martyr and create an enormous power vacuum that could be filled by someone drastically more competent.

Imagine how the GOP debates would have gone if DeSantis / Ramaswamy / Haley were screaming at each other about who loved Trump the most and who would be most like him if handed the reigns of power.

All 3 of those candidates are running truly awful campaigns

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

The artist emphasized the accordion hands. This is art.

LOL @ the thread title.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Froghammer posted:

I maintain that Trump dying would be the absolute worst-case scenario for America, as it will immediately canonize him as an immortal martyr and create an enormous power vacuum that could be filled by someone drastically more competent.

Imagine how the GOP debates would have gone if DeSantis / Ramaswamy / Haley were screaming at each other about who loved Trump the most and who would be most like him if handed the reigns of power.

You’re right about him being a martyr and him leaving a power vacuum, you’re wrong about the timing

Thankfully, there is nobody arranged in a place right now to successfully take that baton from Trump, and they haven’t had time to groom and mold a new one

The question is whether he will die before nov this year or if he loses and lingers to be the automatic contender in 2028 and dies in the lead up to that, by which time I bet the chuds can find a smiling empty suit who dupes them successfully

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Legal-Bluesky's overall opinion is that the prosecution probably took a dive in front of the GJ to keep this from moving forward. Culture warriors can turn their hatred on the GJ and the prosecution doesn't have to take a lose-lose case.

Having done two grand jury stints:

A couple of times, the prosecutors told us they simply didn't have much there. They can't tell you how to vote, but you can tell if they don't feel they have enough for a trial.

Also, the grand jury opinion doesn't mean the prosecutors can't move forward with charges. The grand jury is more or less where they present a mini-version of the case and see how it tests with people not unlike potential jurors. If they're saying they're not moving forward with charges, the prosecutors either really didn't want to go forward and/or an attempt to charge a woman after a more horrible than usual miscarriage did not play well at all.

Feel bad for the grand jurors for having to hear this and other really nasty cases for very little money. In my state it's $25 per day.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

Call me Three Olives again, I dare you motherfucker

All for one, and one for olives.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Haha hot drat, those are some frog and toad rear end hands, it’s true

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:five::five::five::five::five:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:laffo:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

:lol: my mind immediately went to that picture of him being a petulant bitch in Europe when I saw that sketch

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

empty croak

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

This belongs in a museum

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lmao

And furthermore, lol

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

:trumppop:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

*hands not to scale

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This used to be a thing. Groups like Weather Underground wanted to make a statement, but not murder people - a bomb warning helped make sure people evacuate.

Wait, why is a website that tells you the weather doing terrorism?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Looking good sir!

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Stank and Choad are Friends

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:lol: needs these hands so badly:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Machai posted:

Prairie Fires (the WU manifesto) is a good read. I was like :hmmyes: throughout

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Froghammer posted:

:hmmno: the second Trump croaks, it will be a literal foot race amongst his family and peers to steal everything they can. That includes - taking over the TROMP name, proclaiming themselves the one true heir, and all of them instantly launching competing grift PACs. Stank, Choad, and Ivanka will spend the next decade tearing themselves apart in court to get MAL.

Similar to when Leto 2 died and all his followers destroyed his palace looking for spice, every single hanger-on and sycophant will tear TROMP apart trying to be the next God-King.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

It’s so drat frustrating to see him erupt in court , while the judge is literally getting bomb threats, and nothing ever happens to this man baby.

The media also does a horrific job at showing how much of a turd he is. Biden falls on his bike and it’s non stop coverage for weeks, Trump takes a poo poo in his diaper while calling for a loving insurrection and his base has been gaslit into thinking it’s antifa.

Like goddamn.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

somnambulist posted:

It’s so drat frustrating to see him erupt in court , while the judge is literally getting bomb threats, and nothing ever happens to this man baby.

The media also does a horrific job at showing how much of a turd he is. Biden falls on his bike and it’s non stop coverage for weeks, Trump takes a poo poo in his diaper while calling for a loving insurrection and his base has been gaslit into thinking it’s antifa.

Like goddamn.

The man is about to lose several hundred million dollars and his company in New York

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Froghammer posted:

you can maintain that all you want, it won't change how hysterically wrong you are on the topic. ramaswamy tried to catch the racist lightning in the bottle and got completely ignored the instant he made a "mistake". the entire point behind this cult is "TRUMP"'s carefully maintained aura of invincibility and "WINNING". it has taken decades for him to cultivate it. none of the stanky chodes in that sphere have spent even 10 months, let alone 10 years, doing the same thing.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:discourse:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Somebody will make a Trump AI that will torment us until the lights go off for the last time.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Machai posted:

I read from someone on these forums that the guy who founded the WU service went to the University of Michigan and picked the name as a purposeful nod to the group.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
this was an opinion probably 2000 pages ago but that I still agree with; Trump is a very rare aberration, a guy that managed to be part of the public consciousness through television, who managed to build a reputable image despite being a complete snake (or a dog; the lowest possible animal) and who entered the political arena at exactly the right time with exactly the "right" message

I don't think we'll see the GOP double down after he goes, I think they'll swing back moderate. But as long as he's around it's political suicide to go against him.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Animal-Mother posted:

Somebody will make a Trump AI that will torment us until the lights go off for the last time.

It's like the Manchurian Candidate, but we build it ourselves.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

kazil posted:

The man is about to lose several hundred million dollars and his company in New York
Bah, that's nothing - he still has the value of his name, which he will happily explain to you is worth three, no five, no ten billion dollars all by itself!

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Total Party Kill posted:

Butchers Work For Free; Or, How I Learned That Cows Just Explode Into Neatly Wrapped Blocks of Meat

Corn Glizzy posted:

In Minecraft

Hey this made me chortle I just wanted to say good job.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

abigserve posted:

this was an opinion probably 2000 pages ago but that I still agree with; Trump is a very rare aberration, a guy that managed to be part of the public consciousness through television, who managed to build a reputable image despite being a complete snake (or a dog; the lowest possible animal) and who entered the political arena at exactly the right time with exactly the "right" message

I don't think we'll see the GOP double down after he goes, I think they'll swing back moderate. But as long as he's around it's political suicide to go against him.

i think it's likely they will end up spending some more time in the wilderness simply because prior to trump's arrival, the reasonable GOP analysts tried to submit a huge report that said "we need to moderate a lot of our positions, especially on abortion and racism, or we are going to become a regional party". establishment leadership basically went "lol nah"

TRUMP came along and galvanized the base of nincompoops that wanted that vision with what you were talking about - a decades-long image of strong daddy "WINNING".

the chuds aren't going to go away just because donny t finally chokes on a fish delite, but they almost certainly will lack the strong daddy they need to focus their efforts. nobody else even comes close to that aberration image.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

abigserve posted:

I think the key thing the GOP keeps missing is that Trump is incredibly charismatic. He's a huge piece of poo poo by all conceivable metrics, but he's hilarious in a big dumb oaf way, and that translates into voters liking him more as a friend than as a politician. Where the Republicans will fail is that literally every other prominent Republican is an absolute charisma vacuum, and their party has been trained to only respond to circuses. They don't need to find a good politician, they need to find another amoral entertainer that they can project all their hopes and dreams onto.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The big question going forward is how many of Trump's votes were Trump voters, as opposed to Republican voters? Given the record of the GOP in elections when Trump is not on the ballot (2018, 2022, 2023) and what happened to the CA Republican party when its celebrity politician (Schwarzenegger) left the stage, things could get real spicy for the GOP after Trump eats his last Fish Delite.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Froghammer posted:

I maintain that Trump dying would be the absolute worst-case scenario for America,

Actually, Trump dying is the ultimate deplatforming.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

kazil posted:

lol pin it all on Donnie

Back when Trump was on TV I remember talking to an old engineer in NY who told me Trump Org got much better at paying their contractors once his sons took over.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

When he croaks (preemptive lol) I’d bet anything his super followers announce he’ll be resurrected.

After being anointed with ketchup and wrapped in hamberder and fish delight wrappers on the third day he will rise in the Palm Beach McDonald’s bathroom

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Animal-Mother posted:

We can easily make the Trump AI go woke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

trilljester posted:

Looking good sir!

Goddamnit I can almost smell this photo.