Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

he had lines but they cut them because he kept saying the n word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I’ll be damned if I can remember the name of any tho

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it's not his fault he binged all of quinten tarinto's movies before the shoot

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I was playing Cave Story the other day and I got to the part where you're imprisoned in a really tall room and there's a bunch of robots at the bottom that are like "there's an exit, but you have to climb, and it's really hard" and I was like "whoa, Dark Knight Rises stole this"

then I was thinking of the sick rear end score for the climbing scene that was like DISH DISH POSSUM POSSUM and how that was in the trailer and got people super pumped even though they ended up thinking the movie was stupid

anyway the point is, where is Hans Zimmer? what's he been up to. did he and Nolan have a fight. no I will not google it

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cacator posted:

I think it was Joe Bongo?

Isn't that what Trump calls Obama?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

N. Senada posted:

There’s a few good short fiction pieces that are written as wiki articles.
tell me more

edit:

N. Senada posted:

I’ll be damned if I can remember the name of any tho
oh.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Oh no, it's this one

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

didnt oppie hang dong?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

You can't just say that and not post the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

also this is really good

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Space Kablooey posted:

didnt oppie hang dong?
last thread somebody linked an article from one of the kinja sites that meticulously articulated every single bit of nudity in the entire movie and they said he doesn't

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

last thread somebody linked an article from one of the kinja sites that meticulously articulated every single bit of nudity in the entire movie and they said he doesn't

False advertising, starting a class action suit as we speak

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

I was playing Cave Story the other day

nice that game fucks

Cubone posted:

anyway the point is, where is Hans Zimmer? what's he been up to. did he and Nolan have a fight. no I will not google it

he got pissy when zimmer declined to score oppenheimer in favor of dune lol

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

First of May posted:

He has lines, but I don't think they ever name his character.

He was Richard Feynman but I can't remember if they actually said his name in the movie or not.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cubone posted:

did you do it?

Yes

kalel posted:

I am Kingo (thrust), destroyer of threads (thrust)

- a real scene in the film Oppenheimer dir. Christopher Nolan

That's where I tapped out actually

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I liked when RLM guest star Jack Quaid was playing the bongos on his car

i completely forgot Feynman played bongos and spent the runtime wondering who the bongo rear end in a top hat with no lines that shows up in the background once in a while was

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Mordja posted:

I think techies might be, overall, the most demonic group of people in history. At least our previous overlords commissioned great art and built public edifices. Tech bros only seem to care about computers and pop-culture detritus.

our modern tech bros are literally just the contemporary iteration of the guys from ~100-150 years ago who thought that you could cure Irishness by giving people enemas and lobotomies

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cubone posted:

But if you wait long enough after the credits Cillian Murphy as himself just comes on screen fully nude and stands there for 30 seconds making eye contact with you.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

kdrudy posted:

But if you wait long enough after the credits Cillian Murphy as himself just comes on screen fully nude and stands there for 30 seconds making eye contact with you.

The IMAX experience

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

He was Richard Feynman but I can't remember if they actually said his name in the movie or not.

I know that, because I'm a brain jenus. I kept waiting for them to drop a hint that he's a total womanizer who broke into all the safes in Los Alamos for fun, but he was a total non-character in the film.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Cubone posted:

tell me more

edit:

oh.

lol, I found one!

https://qntm.org/mmacevedo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

First of May posted:

I know that, because I'm a brain jenus. I kept waiting for them to drop a hint that he's a total womanizer who broke into all the safes in Los Alamos for fun, but he was a total non-character in the film.

Man, I bet that would drive Feynman up a wall.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don't know why but I have avoided the Nolan historical movies like oppenheimer and dunkirk. I've seen pretty much all of his other stuff just those ones I don't really have an interest in. I hear they're good and well made and there are titties though

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Florence Pugh titty scene in Oppenheimer is hilarious. They gently caress, and post-coitus, Florence pulls out this ancient text from Oppenheimer's library and tells him to read a passage to her. It's the "now I am become death, destroyer of worlds" quote.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Rageaholic posted:

The Florence Pugh titty scene in Oppenheimer is hilarious. They gently caress, and post-coitus, Florence pulls out this ancient text from Oppenheimer's library and tells him to read a passage to her. It's the "now I am become death, destroyer of worlds" quote.

No, it's even dumber. She gets up mid sex because he's distracted, gets the book, and then makes him read it while riding him again.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

First of May posted:

No, it's even dumber. She gets up mid sex because he's distracted, gets the book, and then makes him read it while riding him again.

i want to believe

Cubone
May 26, 2011

oh. I've read this before but I don't remember where, but thank you, it's very upsetting

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Space Kablooey posted:

i want to believe

That is indeed what happened

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

It seems very fitting Star Wars anagrams to r rear end wart

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

love this story. makes me physically ill every time I read it

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
did you guys realize paul schrader wrote a lot of good movies

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sunk Dunk posted:

did you guys realize paul schrader wrote a lot of good movies
First Reformed is so loving good

I didn't love Master Gardener though

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Rageaholic posted:

First Reformed is so loving good

I didn't love Master Gardener though

i love first reformed

on the wiki for hardcore:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Space Kablooey posted:

i want to believe

It's the only way I can cum now

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
when are they going to re-release the first season of halo with the suit jacking off noises mixed real loud in the soundtrack

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

when are they going to re-release the first season of halo with the suit jacking off noises mixed real loud in the soundtrack

It’s actually the shield recharge, it’s just jacking master chief off so he recovers.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I know I am late to the party, but RRR kicks rear end.

Although there is a very long stretch in the middle where it does not kick rear end.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Originally in the game they devs were going to have the suite jacking off noises going the entire time you were playing for ever game, just to give you a better sense of the character but some artless gently caress higher up in the publisher made them get rid of them.

God drat management don't know true art when they hear it. :(

BlotShot
Jan 12, 2024
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 12, 2024

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That was fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Arc Hammer posted:

You can't just say that and not post the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

I just watched Rebel Moon before checking this thread, and the comparisons here are spot on and hilarious.