Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

But Chiefs Dolphins has to be played in -30 wind chill?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Nodoze posted:

I remember when the northeast wasn't soft and didn't declare a state of emergency during every snow storm now

People are dumb and will happily get themselves killed trying to drive in this stuff. Lake effect can dump feet of snow in a few hours. Last year, even with a SoE in effect, a local girl died of hypothermia in her stranded car.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TheBizzness posted:

But Chiefs Dolphins has to be played in -30 wind chill?!?!?

No snow

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Sunday Morning posted:

People are dumb and will happily get themselves killed trying to drive in this stuff. Lake effect can dump feet of snow in a few hours. Last year, even with a SoE in effect, a local girl died of hypothermia in her stranded car.

They use it for like every storm now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nodoze posted:

It's almost like the storms have gotten worse over time.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Nodoze posted:

i mean winter storms (all storms really) have steadily gotten more severe what with us destroying the climate and marginally improving some basic public safety standards also seems good

also if you wanna get real deep in the weather stuff all of our forecast models are based off of historical observations dating back to the late 1800s. As climate change shifts weather patterns the degree of certainty goes down dramatically bc the historical patterns no longer hold up. As a result storms have gotten more severe and forecasters are less certain a storm will only be "moderate" and not "gently caress you, this poo poo's once in a century* type event" so there's a lot more hedging going on.

*once in a century pre-climate change

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 12, 2024

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Nodoze posted:

State of Emergency is used to immediately free up state funds for things like rescuing people, evacuation, providing shelter and provide essential commodities (i.e., heating fuel, food, etc.). Other than boomers complaining about "back in my day" who would complain about that being used?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Chiefs fans owning Buffalo for having a light snow while their limbs are blackened from gangrene.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's more Chiefs fans owning Dolphins fans for thinking wind chill is the same thing as 10 feet of snow

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Pat McAfee made the front page of the New York Times today. Didn't see that coming

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

pasaluki posted:

Chiefs fans owning Buffalo for having a light snow while their limbs are blackened from gangrene.

Geez dude, I don't think the meat in KC is THAT bad.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sunday Morning posted:

Should've just turned the heat on

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's not actually going to be that cold in Kansas City on Saturday

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://x.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1745558107457982726?s=20

https://x.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1745593758375096649?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

It's not actually going to be that cold in Kansas City on Saturday

ehhhhhh

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1745520570467270657

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

It's more Chiefs fans owning Dolphins fans for thinking wind chill is the same thing as 10 feet of snow

Either way they are going to be frozen fish.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Google him? Ok, if you say so

Uh oh

Uh oh...

Jesus christ (It was at this point in my research that I remembered that Aaron is literally days removed from a high-profile incident in which he implied a public figure he dislikes was a pedophile)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone talking about that kind of weather being a home field advantage against a warm weather team is out of their minds. This is like Everest Death Zone conditions it doesn’t matter where the gently caress you’re from you’re gonna hate your life.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, but remember how awesome the 2003 Pats - Tits divisional game was? Like a -10 wind chill, so freezing every hit, hell just breathing hurts your bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jFyxwVQsGE

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not like the Dolphins don't put the visiting team in the hot sun when it is 140 on the field either.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
imagine the vaunted Chiefs WR corps catching frozen Mahomes fastballs, I’m frowning a little

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Pron on VHS posted:

imagine the vaunted Chiefs WR corps catching frozen Mahomes fastballs, I’m frowning a little

hm will toney's hands just shatter like glass?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Windchill is invented by BIG WEATHER because they want flashy numbers to throw around

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

This is the game plan just have Pacheco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6hHBcOzz6Q

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We're at -20 wind chill today and there's no way I'm hanging outside longer than like 2 minutes. Those guys are going to be miserable.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Pacheco is definitely the dude who will be on field shirtless warming up

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Why do fans of dynasty/borderline dynasty teams have such thin skin?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gonna laugh when Tua outperforms Mahomes in Arrowhead.

Not like I can watch it since it will be a Peacock exclusive until I :filez: it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

xbilkis posted:

Google him? Ok, if you say so

Uh oh

Uh oh...

Jesus christ (It was at this point in my research that I remembered that Aaron is literally days removed from a high-profile incident in which he implied a public figure he dislikes was a pedophile)

Who does he have in Texans/Browns

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

TheBizzness posted:

Why do fans of dynasty/borderline dynasty teams have such thin skin?

Because they're spoiled little fucks who have either lost, or never had, any real perspective on what it feels like to have a mediocre or lovely team. Every single slight against their team is a massive affront to their ego and sends them into a frenzied rage not unlike a meth head fiending for the next hit.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Whoever wins that Chiefs/Phins game is just going to lose the week after. So it doesn't really matter who wins.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

It always matters

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why do I keep hearing people use the word "sacked" for firing all the sudden, this isn't the UK, we fought a war over this poo poo.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

sharknado slashfic posted:

Why do I keep hearing people use the word "sacked" for firing all the sudden, this isn't the UK, we fought a war over this poo poo.

It's shorthand for teabagging these days

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Whoever wins that Chiefs/Phins game is just going to lose the week after. So it doesn't really matter who wins.

dolphins haven't won a playoff game since 2000, if we won it'd be our super bowl

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
All this talk of WIND CHILL is going to make me re-watch the 2007 NFC Championship game.

e: holy poo poo the whole game is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aOffogdd4Y

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 12, 2024

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's just nice to see the Lions in this. I been a Packers fan since I was a kid so I've never known struggle and am just happy to be here this year, but man, if we don't get it I hope the Lions go all the way. They deserve it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My predictions for the funniest outcomes

Steelers > Bills would probably be the funniest result, also the least likely
Dolphins > Chiefs because it's never not funny when Kermit loses
Stroud > Flacco because Flacco has always been mid at best except for a brief 4 game stint yet people won't shut up about him right now
Green Bay > Dallas hahahahaha gently caress the cowboys
Lions > Rams SOSAR
Tampa > Philly because the Eagles finishing their crash and burn is a great way to end WC weekend

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

Mike vrabel was made redundant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

davecrazy posted:

All this talk of WIND CHILL is going to make me re-watch the 2007 NFC Championship game.

e: holy poo poo the whole game is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aOffogdd4Y

:yeah: