Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

rkd_ posted:

Table 4.3 of the National Center for Education Statistic you linked shows that income distribution has a significant effect on merit-based aid. In the 2015-2016 academic year, 11.3% of the lowest 25 percent with regard to income distribution of dependent students received financial aid of an average of $7,200, compared to 25% of the highest 25 percent who received an average of $10,100 in aid. Looking at race, 14.2% of white undergraduates received merit-based aid. The data doesn't explicitly look into the correlation, but I don't think it's arguable that the majority of undergraduates belonging to the highest 25 percent of dependent students income-wise will be white, and as such inflate the number of white graduates receiving merit-based aid. Considering poor whites have no identity-related scholarships to fall back on, I'd say they are uniquely disadvantaged.

I also don't think need-based aid is that heavily skewed towards the poor. Of the highest 25 percent of dependent students, 13.1% get an average amount of $9,500 in aid, compared to 17% of the lowest 25 percent who only get $8,000. Pretty funky.

It would be great to have some actual numbers here too, but thanks for pointing this out!

Yes, you're right, and I think that is kind of what I was trying to say. These holidays aren't "white", so everyone can partake in them. The other holidays I mentioned, however, very clearly target a specific identity and make those who do not identify with those cultures or identities feel excluded. The people who are excluded (i.e., white, straight Americans) don't even have their own 'culture' to fall back on anymore. Surely it's no surprise then that these people feel lost? Of course, this issue exists with a lot of sons and daughters of immigrants who do not feel at home in the country they grew up in and are also treated as strangers in the country their parents came from. In Europe, this led to heavy interest from immigrant (Muslim) children in religious extremism, as those groups gave them the community, purpose, and identity they were so sorely missing.

As a side note, I definitely started noticing this identity crisis with white Americans once I moved to the US, and I think that is another reason white men identify so heavily with politics, religion, and/or extremism. They have no real culture they belong to, no real community to be proud of. Chanting "USA!" over and over again only takes you so far, and it definitely doesn't mean as much as what a Brit, a Frenchman, or a German would envision when talking about their respective countries and cultures. There is no collective here, and even shared values such as 'freedom' rapidly disappear when you look at what is actually happening in many states.

I never said they were comparable, and I fully agree they are not. But two different groups' exploitation and suffering do not need to be equal for both groups to need support.

A white, working-class man in 2023 who sees no future ahead of him for himself or his family, is economically disadvantaged, and receives no support from his environment or society as a whole has no interest in hearing about how they should be content with their situation because their situation is not comparable to that of others. They only want to improve their own life and perhaps that of their family. Instead of offering them the support they need (as well as everyone else), we tell them to shut up and stop complaining because they or their ancestors don't or didn't have it as bad as other groups do, and then wonder why those people gravitate towards the far right. Historical wrongs also only mean so much when your family is starving and you're one disaster away from being homeless.

I also don't want to sound hostile, but even in my post I only pointed out that the white working class has also been exploited and is currently disadvantaged, and immediately I get a counter-argument that it was not as bad as what African-Americans had to go through. The counter-argument is fully correct, but I'm not arguing that. I am just saying the entire working class needs support, and, currently, a specific group of the working class is not getting it.

EDIT: Also, yes, I completely agree with the suggestion below.

When you narrow it down to just merit-based aid, yes, rich people get more of that. But there's also need-based aid, which evens the odds quite a bit. And Table 4.2 shows that white students are more likely to receive need-based institutional aid than black or Hispanic students are, and that they receive comparable amounts. And higher-income students receive the least need-based aid. Though the income group that's most likely to get some is the second quartile (25-50%), not the first quartile (<25%)...which is exactly what I'd expect if aid was predominantly going to the poor members of a group whose overall wealth is well above that of other groups.

Do you feel excluded by Hanukkah? Do you feel excluded by St Patrick's Day? You're basically arguing that minority cultures shouldn't have their own cultural expressions because it makes the majority cultures (who've set the entire nationwide holiday calendar based on their own cultural holidays) feel special anymore. Which, of course, is nonsense. As for your comment about "white, straight Americans", I kind of feel like maybe you misunderstood what I said? There is no such thing as "white culture", and never was - but that doesn't mean light-skinned people don't have cultures or cultural practices of their own! It kind of seems like you're missing something important: when a German person moves to America, they're not just "an American" or "a white person", they're a German-American. You look at people with light skin and see "white people", when you should be seeing Anglo-Americans and German-Americans and French-Americans and Italian-Americans and Irish-Americans and so many others. Even if they do choose to shed that identity and assimilate into general American culture, general American culture is still a full culture by itself. It just doesn't feel special and unique, because not only is it the overwhelming majority culture here in the US, but the US has such overwhelming cultural influence that we've exported our cultural practices all over the world.

Those different cultures may not be quite as distinct from each other as African-American culture is, but the reason African-American culture has maintained such a distinctive identity is because they were intentionally excluded from the rest of American life. Up until the 1960s, African-Americans in much of the US weren't allowed to attend the same schools as kids of European descent, they weren't allowed to occupy the same spaces, they weren't allowed to sit next to each other on the bus, they weren't allowed to use the same public facilities and accommodations, and they often weren't even allowed to live in the same neighborhoods. That sort of separation significantly inhibits cultural crossover, and is a massive part of why African-Americans have been able to maintain such a distinct cultural identity.

I'm saying that the "white, working-class man in 2023 who sees no future ahead of him for himself or his family, is economically disadvantaged, and receives no support from his environment or society as a whole" is largely a myth, one that's promoted by white supremacists in defense of institutional racism. Poor white people receive tons of support from their environment and society. They just don't realize it because it's so utterly natural for them to receive that support that they don't even realize that support isn't available to everyone. Institutional racism didn't exclusively benefit rich white people. After all, the entire point of white supremacy was that even the worst-off white people would still be better off than most black people, and even today there are still substantial differences between what it's like to be a poor white guy and what it's like to be a poor black guy. The racial wealth gap doesn't just mean "there's more poor black people than poor white people" or "on average, white people have more money than rich people" - the experience of being poor itself also changes by race, as poor white people still have access to many opportunities unavailable to poor black people, while poor black people face a number of obstacles that even the poorest white people will never face.

Sir Lemming posted:

Back to the question of why this seems more prominent among white men, I'm probably not really qualified to answer that, although I would just point out that the Black American Christian church seems overall a bit healthier, and for obvious reasons there's a stronger sense of community there. Could be related, could be a coincidence, not really sure.

It seems more prominent among white men because people care more when it happens to white men, and even more importantly, because people care more about the white men it happens to.

Non-white youths have had longstanding problems with idealization of hypermasculinity and a loss of their perceived place in the world. But when they act out based on those feelings, they tend to end up encountering angry cops instead of happy GOP recruiters. The massive racial biases in our criminal justice system, paired with felon disenfranchisement laws, tend to have prevented non-white groups from effectively channeling those feelings into political action.

In particular, white society has been blaming black masculinity for various problems in the African-American community for at least half a century, if not longer. LBJ's Dept of Labor wrote an infamous report in 1965 claiming that African-American poverty was caused by the destruction of African-American masculinity at the hands of slavers and Jim Crow, and therefore it would be impossible to resolve racial inequalities without first teaching African-American males how to be men. As non-white drug use and gang violence became a rising problem in following decades, plenty of people were eager to blame those problems on non-white hyper-masculinity, lack of masculinity, toxic masculinity, or some other defect in their ability to understand their role as men.

It's just that the problems among non-white men were never really treated with the same level of generosity or apologism that so often crops up in discussions of young white men, so it's easy to not even realize it's the same thing. Non-white masculinity issues were something to be solved forcibly by state interventions, often violently, not something to be agonized over like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1745599292486586692

Joe Biden is using the United States military to intervene on behalf of Israel, a nation actively comitting genocide. I do not see how he will possibly win reelection.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nucleic Acids posted:

Joe Biden is using the United States military to intervene on behalf of Israel, a nation actively comitting genocide. I do not see how he will possibly win reelection.

It's intervention on behalf of everyone else whose shipping is getting disrupted.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

Look Joe forced the Russians out of Fallujah and I'm sure he can triumph here against the threat of the Ottoman Empire

Senate Cum Dump
Dec 18, 2023

IN THIS VERY ROOM:

~Sonia Sotomayor had her confirmation hearing

~James Comey testified on Russian interference in the 2016 elections

~Aidan got some thick German sausage & a Jager sauce finish
thank u @JarJarFan69 for bringing us this news update, and for your insightful commentary

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

It's intervention on behalf of everyone else whose shipping is getting disrupted.

It's intervention on behalf of everyone profiting off genocide, yes.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

It is a disruption of a country putting the Responsibility to Protect in action.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

By running unopposed, because the GOP is falling apart

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Trazz posted:

By running unopposed, because the GOP is falling apart

I heard this last in 2016 and I don't see the chud supreme court allowing taking trump out of ballots. It's very dangerous to think bidden is running unopposed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Celexi posted:

I heard this last in 2016 and I don't see the chud supreme court allowing taking trump out of ballots. It's very dangerous to think bidden is running unopposed.

agreed, and while i think the I-P horror show may affect michigan, no one is gonna cry over the US/UK and alot of europe and other countries bombing pirates who are taking advantage of poo poo. the houthies arnt the rebel alliance here. they have literal slavery and are giant assholes that even AQ hate.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Mischievous Mink posted:

It's intervention on behalf of everyone profiting off genocide, yes.

Literally 40% of all transatlantic shipping comes through there. It has nothing to do with Israel, you silly billy.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Celexi posted:

If Trump is the GOP nominee then they lose
If Trump is not the GOP nominee then they lose even harder

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Trazz posted:

If Trump is the GOP nominee then they lose
If Trump is not the GOP nominee then they lose even harder

I think haley has pretty good shot if the chuds backed her, but they wouldnt.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nucleic Acids posted:

I don't see how defending the shipping lanes (the primary responsibility of the US Navy) is going to result in Biden losing the election, unless you think it will make him seem weak on foreign issues which I don't think is your intended point here?

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Literally 40% of all transatlantic shipping comes through there. It has nothing to do with Israel, you silly billy.

It's a side effect, this wouldn't be happening if Israel wasn't bombing Gaza, which in turn *might not be happening if the US was not so staunchly supporting Israel.

So no the US is not bombing Yemen on behalf of Israel, but the events are causally connected.

Granted it's possible Israel would have bombed Gaza the same if US withdrew support on the first day of bombing, and the Houthis might still have taken to attacking shipping in response because it's the tool available to them.

Either way this tire fire is getting worse.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Literally no one outside of the terminally online left is going to interpret it this way. The strikes are to protect the shipping lanes and stop a potential vector for more inflation. If the Suez gets shut down that’s gonna be a real bad for the global economy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nucleic Acids posted:

that is because you are apparently completely disconnected from the general American populace and how they view the Israeli invasion and the Yemeni blockade, if they're aware of the latter at all

Biden was probably doomed to lose votes as of Oct 7, which is dangerous given our stupidly 50-50 elections... but so far all the polling I've seen suggests that if he wants to make decisions based solely on whether it will get him more votes, he absolutely should not oppose Israel. It would be nice if Americans at large had our political sensibilities. They do not.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Orthanc6 posted:

It's a side effect, this wouldn't be happening if Israel wasn't bombing Gaza, which in turn *might not be happening if the US was not so staunchly supporting Israel.

So no the US is not bombing Yemen on behalf of Israel, but the events are causally connected.

Granted it's possible Israel would have bombed Gaza the same if US withdrew support on the first day of bombing, and the Houthis might still have taken to attacking shipping in response because it's the tool available to them.

Either way this tire fire is getting worse.

No, they have done this many times before. They are just claiming that is the reason.

Even the U.N. says it is just a fig leaf and they haven't actually hit a single Israeli ship. They have been primarily targeting ships from Switzerland, Norway, and China.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/1/11/un-security-council-demands-houthis-stop-red-sea-shipping-attacks

quote:

The attack by the Iranian-backed Houthis came despite a planned United Nations Security Council vote later Wednesday to potentially condemn and demand an immediate halt to the attacks by the rebels, who say their assaults are aimed at stopping Israel’s war on Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

However, their targets increasingly have little — or no — connection to Israel and imperil a crucial trade route linking Asia and the Middle East with Europe.

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-houthi-rebels-red-sea-attacks-israel-f820b848eb76fa3ecc8056ca332cabae

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/RepValHoyle/status/1745592968826757348?t=1L9REyAoFIgW61ZfpWrJ-g&s=19

https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1745590169493745693

https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1745602388524671351

https://twitter.com/RepRashida/status/1745616407880990784

A few Dems calling out Biden's strike, even saying that it violates the Constitution

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't see how defending the shipping lanes (the primary responsibility of the US Navy) is going to result in Biden losing the election, unless you think it will make him seem weak on foreign issues which I don't think is your intended point here?

The Houthis were throwing the concept of liberal humanitarian intervention back in the west's face, and these strikes show once again that we don't actually believe what we say we do.

Seph posted:

Literally no one outside of the terminally online left is going to interpret it this way. The strikes are to protect the shipping lanes and stop a potential vector for more inflation. If the Suez gets shut down that’s gonna be a real bad for the global economy.

And despite the stated reason for them, the effect is coming down hard on the side of the Israeli genocide by attacking the only country using military force to attempt to protect a vulnerable population from genocide.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

that is because you are apparently completely disconnected from the general American populace and how they view the Israeli invasion and the Yemeni blockade, if they're aware of the latter at all

Biden was probably doomed to lose votes as of Oct 7, which is dangerous given our stupidly 50-50 elections... but so far all the polling I've seen suggests that if he wants to make decisions based solely on whether it will get him more votes, he absolutely should not oppose Israel. It would be nice if Americans at large had our political sensibilities. They do not.

Given how many Arab and Muslim voters in key states feel, I doubt this lovely gamble of his will work out.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 12, 2024

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think haley has pretty good shot if the chuds backed her, but they wouldnt.

No she doesn't
She keeps giving the wrong answers about the civil war and about abortion

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dapper_Swindler posted:

agreed, and while i think the I-P horror show may affect michigan, no one is gonna cry over the US/UK and alot of europe and other countries bombing pirates who are taking advantage of poo poo. the houthies arnt the rebel alliance here. they have literal slavery and are giant assholes that even AQ hate.

Well if they don't have the support of Al Qaeda then I don't see how I could support them :colbert:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Trazz posted:

No she doesn't
She keeps giving the wrong answers about the civil war and about abortion

Oh i know. i also dont think she wins any primary outside NH.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

theCalamity posted:

A few Dems calling out Biden's strike, even saying that it violates the Constitution

It's not. Unless he keeps doing it for 60 days or more. The War Powers Act is pretty explicit that they just need to inform Congress within 48 hours unless the operation lasts more than 60 days.

quote:

The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Nucleic Acids posted:

The Houthis were throwing the concept of liberal humanitarian intervention back in the west's face, and these strikes show once again that we don't actually believe what we say we do.

And despite the stated reason for them, the effect is coming down hard on the side of the Israeli genocide by attacking the only country using military force to attempt to protect a vulnerable population from genocide.

Given how many Arab and Muslim voters in key states feel, I doubt this lovely gamble of his will work out.

I have some bad news for you if you legitimately think that the houthi policy of murdering and robbing international cargo ships that started in 2014 is their legitimate attempt to help Gaza in response to the 2023 conflict somehow. It's just pretty wildly credulous.

The Palestinian delegation at the U.N. doesn't even support them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I have some bad news for you if you legitimately think that the houthi policy of murdering and robbing international cargo ships that started in 2014 is their legitimate attempt to help Gaza in response to the 2023 conflict somehow. It's just pretty wildly credulous.

yeah, I am not sure why people are going "we gotta hand it to the houthies". like i can understand hamas even if i dont agree with it but with the houthies, its just them doing more pirate poo poo to take advantage of a situation.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

I'm not exactly shocked that the Palestinian diplomatic team could not openly endorse their actions, which do seem bad when divorced of the context in which they have occurred since the start of the Israeli genocide of the Gazans.

Misunderstood
Jan 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Nucleic Acids posted:

What "gamble" are you talking about, exactly?

You know what voters don't like? Price hikes from supply chain disruptions. The Houthis hosed around and are finding out. If these operations kill civilians, then the US is going to have to answer for it but "keeping international commerce working by killing right wing militant assholes" is not something Americans are going to be angry with Joe Biden about.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

It's not. Unless he keeps doing it for 60 days or more. The War Powers Act is pretty explicit that they just need to inform Congress within 48 hours unless the operation lasts more than 60 days.

The president has to notify Congress within 48 hours regardless if he keeps doing it for 60 days or more.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

theCalamity posted:

The president has to notify Congress within 48 hours regardless if he keeps doing it for 60 days or more.

They already did 3 hours ago.

https://twitter.com/AkbarSAhmed/status/1745581360562004269

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Misunderstood posted:

What "gamble" are you talking about, exactly?

You know what voters don't like? Price hikes from supply chain disruptions. The Houthis hosed around and are finding out. If these operations kill civilians, then the US is going to have to answer for it but "keeping international commerce working by killing right wing militant assholes" is not something Americans are going to be angry with Joe Biden about.

The idea that he can piss off as many Arab and Muslim voters as possible in key states and that it still won't cost him enough votes to lose them. And once again, the actual effect of this is a military strike against people actually fighting to stop an ongoing genocide.

Misunderstood
Jan 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Nucleic Acids posted:

The idea that he can piss off as many Arab and Muslim voters as possible in key states and that it still won't cost him enough votes to lose them.
Okay, well, since most people are not going to buy this implausible framing of this as something Joe Biden is "doing for Israel" I don't think it's going to piss off many Arabs or Muslims. The reason Biden is doing it is obvious and extremely popular globally.

Houthis are not oppressed people like the residents of Gaza. They are dicks. Nobody likes them. The Yemeni that they have embedded themselves amongst are suffering greatly, but hopefully the US will be able to keep their strikes to the militants. (We do seem to be pretty good at not killing civilians, under current policy, but even one is too many.)

Nucleic Acids posted:

And once again, the actual effect of this is a military strike against people actually fighting to stop an ongoing genocide.
That sounds like a symbolic effect, with the actual effect being "world trade functions properly."

Misunderstood fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 12, 2024

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Misunderstood posted:

Okay, well, since most people are not going to buy this implausible framing of this as something Joe Biden is "doing for Israel" I don't think it's going to piss off many Arabs or Muslims. The reason Biden is doing it is obvious and extremely popular globally.

Houthis are not oppressed people like the residents of Gaza. They are dicks. Nobody likes them.

I would say people of Gaza and the West Bank, as well as much of the Arab world support them. And many, many Arab and Muslim Americans have seen Israel blowing apart their family members and people for the past three months with Joe Biden's wholehearted support, so this at the very least well not help him.

Misunderstood posted:

That sounds like a symbolic effect, with the actual effect being "world trade functions properly."

It is in fact quite practical, given the damage the blockade has done to the Israeli economy.

Misunderstood
Jan 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
It's done damage to everybody's economy. He's doing it because of potential damage to the US economy, not the Israeli economy.

It's just not an action on behalf of Israel. It's being done against a force that is [/claims to be] reacting to Israel, but what their motivation is doesn't really have anything to do with how the US should or should not respond, and what the Houthis are doing is clearly not helping the people of Gaza in any imaginable way.

Misunderstood fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 12, 2024

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Nucleic Acids posted:

The idea that he can piss off as many Arab and Muslim voters as possible in key states and that it still won't cost him enough votes to lose them. And once again, the actual effect of this is a military strike against people actually fighting to stop an ongoing genocide.

They aren't. The houthies have existed and been doing this since 2014.

Even if you we ignore the last 9 years of history that they have been doing this and, like a newborn babe, accept that to be 100% true and ignore history, then how is attacking and stealing a cargo ship full of shoes departing China for the U.S. doing that? The most recent set of attacks has hit ships from 20 countries and 0 of them are Israel. They have been hitting ships with valuable things on them for almost 10 years to help fund their insurgency in Yemen. It isn't a new thing or tactically impacting Israel at all. The most recent one was a Norwegian ship hauling oil leaving Norway for Canada.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
In what way are they fighting to stop an ongoing genocide, exactly? Because Im not seeing it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Misunderstood posted:

It's done damage to everybody's economy. He's doing it because of potential damage to the US economy, not the Israeli economy.

And that is meant to put pressure on the west to bring Israel to heel. Although I suppose it was naive to think any western nation, let alone the US, would do the right thing.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I gotta be real I don’t think this stops the Houthis. You can’t bomb a group like this into submission. It’s gonna take boots on the ground. So how much footage of dead Yemeni kids is the White House willing to generate in an election year? It doesn’t seem like “US airstrike hits wedding party” stories are the kind of nostalgia voters crave. Feels like this only escalates and doesn’t have a meaningful path to actually stopping the conflict from any angle.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

They aren't. The houthies have existed and been doing this since 2014.

Even if you we ignore the last 9 years of history that they have been doing this and, like a newborn babe, accept that to be 100% true and ignore history, then how is attacking and stealing a cargo ship full of shoes departing China for the U.S. doing that? The most recent set of attacks has hit ships from 20 countries and 0 of them are Israel. They have been hitting ships with valuable things on them for almost 10 years to help fund their insurgency in Yemen. It isn't a new thing or tactically impacting Israel at all. The most recent one was a Norwegian ship hauling oil leaving Norway for Canada.

So far their actions have been far less damaging than those of Israel. And simply because they don't fly israeli flags does not mean there is no connection for any of those ships.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Nucleic Acids posted:

I would say people of Gaza and the West Bank, as well as much of the Arab world support them. And many, many Arab and Muslim Americans have seen Israel blowing apart their family members and people for the past three months with Joe Biden's wholehearted support, so this at the very least well not help him.

It is in fact quite practical, given the damage the blockade has done to the Israeli economy.

I don't think you know anything about this. Literally none of the Arab world supports them. Several Arab countries were involved in the bombing tonight and multiple Arab countries have been actively fighting a literal ground war against them for the past decade.

The only ones in the region who support them are Iran, who are not Arab.