Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I like how in the end, she is like "nope, I;m dead now".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

She definitely shouldn't have been doing the ladder shuffle but if you've never worked in retail or the trades: do you have any idea what it takes to get a company to replace a ladder? They don't understand; they bought a ladder already, and you can use it. Fifteen years of the ladder shuffle by Jenny? Irrelevant. The ladder currently exists so we don't need another one. We have the ladder.

*kills an employee, sends memo about the ladder shuffle being a fireable offense*

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I feel like it would've taken *less* time and energy to just step off of it entirely and move it properly. The dumbass shuffle is more exertion for less distance traveled.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Nenonen posted:

The step ladder probably is rated to support her weight (barely)

I think this is a wildly inaccurate assumption about that person's weight and the safety factor of metal constructions

The ladder was probably fine as built, more likely it was just worn / damaged in a way that drastically reduced its capacity

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

As a person of generous carriage I had to go out of my way to find a sturdy step ladder because most of the aluminum step ladders at the hardware store are rated for 275-300lbs. That's for both whoever is using the ladder and anything they're carrying.

That being said she doesn't look that heavy but I guarantee this isn't a new ladder and there's no way this is the first time someone has decided to scoot across the floor like a dipshit on the thing.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
It's hard to judge her height to guess her weight, but she seems very practiced in doing that shuffle maneuver. I suspect she's done it a bunch and this was just the day that the ladder gave out.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

We're getting into OSHA thread territory here

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Don’t cross the beams.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

https://youtu.be/EXPPSQhUVss?si=80liJr9k8EAP4GTc

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
More personal schad:

Tried to go out to get groceries, and immediately slipped on the mirror smooth sheet of ice covering the entire front of the building. Didn't hurt myself, but did tear the crotch of my pants wide open. And because I'm dirt poor, they were my only intact pair of outdoor pants, so now I'll have to go out wearing some ratty old track pants. It's not a style/fashion issue, I just hate doing it because it makes me feel underdressed, like I'm in public only wearing long johns or someshit.

Maybe this would've been better in the first world problems thread, idk

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sekenr posted:

I like how in the end, she is like "nope, I;m dead now".

I read it more as "wow, I deserved way worse"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Nordick posted:

More personal schad:

Tried to go out to get groceries, and immediately slipped on the mirror smooth sheet of ice covering the entire front of the building. Didn't hurt myself, but did tear the crotch of my pants wide open. And because I'm dirt poor, they were my only intact pair of outdoor pants, so now I'll have to go out wearing some ratty old track pants. It's not a style/fashion issue, I just hate doing it because it makes me feel underdressed, like I'm in public only wearing long johns or someshit.

It’s an uncomfortable sensation to be out in your inside clothes.

SA project to get this goon some real pants??

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

It’s an uncomfortable sensation to be out in your inside clothes.

I don’t mind them going crotchless tbh

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Business hack: If old stock isn't moving, sell it to the insurance company!

Place I used to work for "sold" (intercompany transfer) products we produced to our belgian holding and logistics centre as stock entirely so in three years they'd be written off as a tax writeoff. This was going on for like two years before I left.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Nordick posted:

More personal schad:

I will send you some pants pm me a size and address

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I appreciate the thought a lot (and I already received a PM earlier offering to help), but I should be able to get a new pair, which I was kinda due for anyways since these were already pretty worn out. But thanks.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
SA project to bedazzle the crotch hole

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you’d worn those JO joggers infamously advertised on Twitter of late, this wouldn’t have happened.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Don't these forums have a bad history with buying goons' pants.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The Hulk Hogan Meat Pants

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Grem posted:

Imagine how stupid the average person is. Half the world is stupider than that.

I've heard this expression a lot, but the one that gets me is that it is "impossible to build a bear-proof trashcan". That there is enough of a ven diagram overlap between people and bears, that a trashcan that can defeat the smartest bear, will also defeat the stupidest person. It's both funny and holy-gently caress facepalm because the more you think about it, the stupider the stupidest person becomes.

Left brain - "Surely they could just write instructions on the side..."
Right brain - (double underlines stupidest person)

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Nordick posted:

More personal schad:

I have a long history of tearing the crotch out of my pants while visiting foreign countries. I'm at the point where I will only get into cars like an old person with hip issues (i.e. sit down sideways and spin).

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/6I4XkrB.mp4

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Rasmus posted:

like an old person with hip issues (i.e. sit down sideways and spin).

But enough about my ex wife!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Unperson_47 posted:

Don't these forums have a bad history with buying goons' pants.

:goku:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

captainOrbital posted:

SA project to bedazzle the crotch hole

It's called vajazzling, don't be weird

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Another fine Morton Thiokol product

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m unironically in. Where do I PayPal?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Get that goon some goku pants. Goons love goku pants.

:goku:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/6l29CUp.mp4

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Today's edition of WTF Were You Expecting a good one

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just grab the bull by the balls.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Speaking of bad ladders:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

freeedr posted:

I don’t mind them going crotchless tbh

will assless chaps suffice?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Like a bunch of British Hank Hills?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hyperlynx posted:

Speaking of bad ladders:

Going to have to send a squad of marines out to retrieve that, like in bulletsponge’s story (I think it was his). Hope there are no casualties!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Aren't all chaps assless?

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What's the weight rating on that ladder? 20kg?

Looked way too frail for any adult to be using, let alone a large one.

They should teach ladder safety in schools, like to everyone, not just shop class.

Since we're already bleeding into OSHA territory: Every ladder made conforms to a standard, and everything you could want to know about ladder standards is here. tldr is that that ladder is probably rated for 200lbs, or 225 if you assume that the liquor store didn't completely cheap out (lol). Being generous and assuming the ladder was rated for that woman's weight, it still isn't designed to be shuffled across the floor. Ladders are made of cheap stamped aluminum or maybe fiberglass, and are only strong in exactly one way. So rolling the dice each time she's done it, and the prize is a broken hip.

Caedus posted:

She definitely shouldn't have been doing the ladder shuffle but if you've never worked in retail or the trades: do you have any idea what it takes to get a company to replace a ladder? They don't understand; they bought a ladder already, and you can use it. Fifteen years of the ladder shuffle by Jenny? Irrelevant. The ladder currently exists so we don't need another one. We have the ladder.

*kills an employee, sends memo about the ladder shuffle being a fireable offense*

Where I work if I found a ladder that was even a little suspect I would destroy it myself, throw it in the dumpster, and order a new one, and no one would bat an eye. One of the perks of being union labour I guess.

I would love to have the kind of confidence it would take to test fire a shoddily home made rocket straight at my balls.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Aren't all chaps assless?

Chaps with an rear end would be some kind of long front shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Assful chaps