Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

two day draft will be a lot less goofy whenever we get a third round of picks

There should be 7 rounds for the NBA draft so that every individual Big 10 scrub can say they were drafted into the NBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Make the GMs play knockout to determine the second round draft order and broadcast that

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Giggs posted:

raps/clips last night was fun, seeing Thad Young and Garrett Temple play good minutes at 40 years old while being not-Lebron rules, Porter was trying so hard, and they put up a decent game without Poeltl or Pascal.

Yeah that was an awesome game randomly! Some moments of really solid team defense from both sides, great offensive plays being run, lots of sick dunks and alley oops.

I was hootin and hollerin!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

i also called him a bust based on vibes. his names scoot and hes got youtube draft people saying hes the best prospect ever, that's a bust. also someone itt said he was easily worth 1.5x as much as zion which is just manifesting bust status

Scoot is leading all sophomores and rookies in assists despite being one of the youngest in that group. He is not going to be a bust.

Zion is 300 pounds and going to eat himself out of the league.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes gonna learn to say scoot in Chinese

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Scoot looks fine for a #3 pick so far, he'll probably never be an elite scorer but he'll easily have a 10 year NBA career barring catastrophic injury

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Rookie 1:

30.4 mpg, 12.8/5.5/3.4
37.9 2P%
31.9 3P%
25.7% USG
9.9 PER
.437 TS%

Rookie 2:

27.8 mpg, 12.1/5.0/2.9
40.2 2P%
30.8 3P%
24.8% USG
7.1 PER
.460 TS%

Emmanuel Mudiay; Scoot

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he has negative win shares on the year lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i will say portland has the worst designed offense in the nba by miles and miles so if they fire Chauncey maybe scoot wont be so loving bad, but its pretty clear all the Most Nba Ready Guy Ever and Has All The Tools!!! stuff was complete horseshit

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

hes gonna learn to say scoot in Chinese

Lol

Come to think of it I think I picked him for RoY

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghost Dog posted:

i will say portland has the worst designed offense in the nba by miles and miles so if they fire Chauncey maybe scoot wont be so loving bad, but its pretty clear all the Most Nba Ready Guy Ever and Has All The Tools!!! stuff was complete horseshit

He wasn't billed as the most NBA ready guy in the top-3

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the Insane Hype to Ummmmm Actually No One Ever Said Good Things About Him pipeline is always inevitable

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghost Dog posted:

the Insane Hype to Ummmmm Actually No One Ever Said Good Things About Him pipeline is always inevitable

wtf, no one said that either what are you on about?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
At this point anyone who hypes up a short point guard as nba ready deserves some questioning.

Scoot will figure it out though I’m pretty sure.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

There were plenty of espn articles that mentioned wemby and scoot in the same breath

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

There were plenty of espn articles that mentioned wemby and scoot in the same breath

lovely hot takes, on my Internet?!?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The biggest praise I consistently saw Scoot get is that he would be the #1 pick in an average draft. That was the height of it.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

Scoot does have all the tools. His biggest issue is his immaturity and pull up 3.

19 year old NBA point guards are rarely going to be playing and aren’t going to be winning players.

He did have a horrendous start offensively, 1 from 18 from 3, more TOs than assists, and tons of personal fouls. That kind of start is going to be hard to recover from statistically, but if you look at the splits you can see the growth.

He has looked and played dramatically better in an extremely short amount of time. It would take some players years to improve from that kind of start.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I should mention Scoot is going to play terrible tonight and OKC will beat the Blazers by 50.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
scoot defenders logging on

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

in december his TS% skyrocketed to .49 lol, so far for January hes below his season shooting stats

looks like one of the big skills hes missing is playing basketball

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one ever talked about scott or whoever you're crying about.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Did anyone own a razor scooter as a kid I was too poor

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Doltos posted:

Did anyone own a razor scooter as a kid I was too poor

I had a big wheel

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

temple posted:

scoot defenders logging on

scoot's toots

beep beep we're here

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Every offensive possession for Portland is like pulling teeth. Scoot doesn't have a good jumper so of course his TS% is bad

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I believe in scoot mostly because I believe Chauncey is the whole rear end.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If the league pass survey is indicative of what they're planning going forward, league pass might be getting really lovely. I did my part and voted I would not buy services that did not include live games, or packages that didn't include in arena fan stuff no matter how many extremely lovely "fun options (they have added so much garbage other than games to league pass)" they added on top, this, and limiting the number of games you could possibly watch a week even in high end packages seemed to be what they are considering the most if you can use these surveys as predictive (at least in the past they have been).

Ghost Dog posted:

he has negative win shares on the year lol

It's really rare a rookie has a strongly positive win share even if they do end up positive at all. Also it's not super predictive, Ingram had like a bottom 10 season ever his rookie year.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I appreciate the Celtics using this game as a Sin Eater for all the bad random variance of the season.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I appreciate the Celtics using this game as a Sin Eater for all the bad random variance of the season.

theyre going to be unstoppable after this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
4 months into a rookie year, that's enough time to say a 19 year old is a bust imo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm very curious what it is Chauncey is telling the front office to convince them he should be coach

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I would like to say that I said scoot would bust because he couldn't get by anybody in the g league, and he still can't get by anybody, and nothing to do with his shooting which may or may not come around

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

So CoolBuffMan correctly predicted Jokic's ascendancy (see: the first BYOGM installment) and Dokmo gets credit for Sengun. Who is the next one? Place your bets now to get credit.

i think tyrese haliburton is gonna become a star in this league

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dokmo posted:

I would like to say that I said scoot would bust because he couldn't get by anybody in the g league, and he still can't get by anybody, and nothing to do with his shooting which may or may not come around

i said hes a bust cause im a hater and i wont stop even if he becomes good

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Papes posted:

At this point anyone who hypes up a short point guard as NFL-ready deserves some questioning.

A first half so lovely that its odor propagated backwards in time

kalensc fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 12, 2024

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Garland was also deemed the worst player in the league his first year, but I gotta respect a good hater.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The Belichick memorial game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Arpanets posted:

Garland was also deemed the worst player in the league his first year, but I gotta respect a good hater.

I think being a hater is just a healthy part of the NBA experience. Sometimes if there are no games on I really wanna see, my next choice goes "Is there a team I hate who is gonna get smashed today" which can be a lot of fun.