Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

she looks like she eats corn like a typewriter looney tunes style

and then finishes the cob like a beaver eating a tree

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

emSparkly posted:

I think the thing is that the local elections are going poo poo for the Rs because there are more Trump voters than Republican voters, if that makes sense. Like, most Trump freaks probably could care less about realpolitik and just want orange man in the white house because he says what they think.

tl;dr more R votes will come in the general election than midterms because Trump is on the ticket himself.

When the R candidate is a whackjob, it motivates a lot of people to vote against them who might otherwise not care about local elections. My hometown school board had two chuds endorsed by Moms for Liberty running against two progressives. I saw lots of childhood friends who I thought were fairly apolitical campaigning against someone we played baseball with because he was railing against a "globalist peddling lies from Hollywood."

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Cowslips Warren posted:

Kevin Sorbo Hercules?

Jason Mamoa

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
"Please please give Trump money to pay his lawyers, there's no way in hell I'm getting paid otherwise."

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

What's the point here? Haley's voters care more and Trump's are scared of snow?

She’s trolling for clicks and reactions. Look her first comment under this tweet. She knows she can cause a stir by saying crazy poo poo. We just have to ignore her like that Simpsons treehouse episode about ads

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

She’s trolling for clicks and reactions. Look her first comment under this tweet. She knows she can cause a stir by saying crazy poo poo. We just have to ignore her like that Simpsons treehouse episode about ads

Attention whore and loving nuts are not mutually exclusive. Even when they intersect, all but the extremely mentally ill have some sense of dignity and self-preservation not to be her.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Alan Smithee posted:

she looks like she eats corn like a typewriter looney tunes style

and then finishes the cob like a beaver eating a tree

She'd throat it straight down then engage the teeth to strip the kernels around its circumference evenly as she pulls it out

All while maintaining eye contact and making a disturbing clicking noise

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

She'd throat it straight down then engage the teeth to strip the kernels around its circumference evenly as she pulls it out

if you pause exactly at 1:44:55 the kernels coming out of her mouth spell "1 4 8 8"

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

:ohno:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

what was that game? misery of the druids i think...

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Sorry I'm late on this one, but I had to add my vision of events.

And bonus:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

priznat posted:

MTG eats corn the long way.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

it doesn't really do the chorus but this is a sweet taser balls song
https://app.suno.ai/song/21de6c0b-0f52-473a-9e1d-0f95a8a24c06

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I am glad I'm not the only one who thought of Gangnam Style.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Huh, that jacket just disappears into the backdrop, making her shoulders disappear like some sort of optical illusion. It gives me the impression of her neck being about twice as long as it is.

Something seemed a little off from previous appearances, but it was just a trick of my eyes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Republicans probably think that the weather dominator from GI Joe is a real thing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

emSparkly posted:

Wait what happened I missed 700 posts

Grape.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

LordSloth posted:

Huh, that jacket just disappears into the backdrop, making her shoulders disappear like some sort of optical illusion. It gives me the impression of her neck being about twice as long as it is.

Something seemed a little off from previous appearances, but it was just a trick of my eyes.

oh poo poo it’s lizard people

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
You just miss things when you check yourself out of the thread.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Goddamn it :lolrudy:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

:lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Codependent Poster posted:

Republicans probably think that the weather dominator from GI Joe is a real thing.

Why do you think the weather was nice during the Trump presidency? You didn't see any blizzards when Trump was in office. Crooked Joe loving you over again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

This is actually Robert Evans' theory on why Jessie Ventura is so obsessed with HAARP. Dude got really sick with the flu in the late 80s/early 90s and watched the GI Joe Weather Dominator episode in his fugue state and the rest was history.

hazed glam
Jun 11, 2018

:lolrudy: holy poo poo lmao

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Lady, do you really want to know the kind of damages most sane people think Trump should get? Let me assure you, it probably has nothing to do with money

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I don't know if you guys have been following the controversy around the ouster of Claudine Gay, from her position as President of Harvard following a lot of student protesting against Israel (aka supporting Palenstinians)

Well basically after she refused to disavow the protests, Bill Ackman, a hedgefund billionaire, basically accused her of plagiarizing in order to find another way to oust her. He basically got a lot of right wing chuds to amplify this until she finally resigned.

However, his wife, neri oxman, is an MIT Professor... and after Gay's ouster from Harvard, Business Insider did some research into her and found out she had copied Wikipedia word for word and this dude went off.

First he tried to silence Business Insider reporters by talking to the Private Hedgefund in charge of the company, who he is very buddy-buddy with. But of course that didn't go well.

I honestly don't want to go too much into it, but he's been posting huge long diatribes on twitter defending his wife and basically saying her copying off wikipedia, especially back 10+ years ago, isn't really plagiarism.
If you want to know more, Molly White, (of Wikipedia and Web3IsGoingGreat fame), did a couple videos about it starting here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_jM6aoTDK0

ANYWAYS the point of my post though is to post this tweet. "She" in this case is Bill Ackman's wife, and the person writing is Bill Ackman

https://twitter.com/DLNHLGSN/status/1744371947406778513/photo/1

:orb:

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 12, 2024

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
if there's any indication we have been knocked into the rift between timelines it's this apparently universe-level obsession with nondescript orbs

the quantum mechanics themselves are giggling about orbs while they ratchet quarks into place to form atoms and it's orbs all the way up

mystes
May 31, 2006

Strong Sauce posted:

However, his wife, neri oxman, is an MIT Professor... and after Gay's ouster from Harvard, Business Insider did some research into her and found out she had copied Wikipedia word for word and this dude went off.

First he tried to silence Business Insider reporters by talking to the Private Hedgefund in charge of the company, who he is very buddy-buddy with. But of course that didn't go well.

I honestly don't want to go too much into it, but he's been posting huge long diatribes on twitter defending his wife and basically saying her copying off wikipedia, especially back 10+ years ago, isn't really plagiarism.
If you want to know more, Molly White, (of Wikipedia and Web3IsGoingGreat fame), did a couple videos about it starting here
Lol

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Strong Sauce posted:

I don't know if you guys have been following the controversy around the ouster of Claudine Gay, from her position as President of Harvard following a lot of student protesting against Israel (aka supporting Palenstinians)

Well basically after she refused to disavow the protests, Bill Ackman, a hedgefund billionaire, basically accused her of plagiarizing in order to find another way to oust her. He basically got a lot of right wing chuds to amplify this until she finally resigned.

Why would she resign over baseless plagiarism accusations?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

raditts posted:

"gently caress this poo poo, I'm out."

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

raditts posted:

I don't know the specifics but I believe she did plagiarize.. something. But there probably wasn't going to be any pressure to remove her over it other than the fact that she refused to do anything about the protest on campus. I don't really care either way about it. I mean yeah I guess remove her? But no one cared until this guy decided to basically use it to get her fired. But I think the funny thing about it was this dude's hypocrisy over being outraged by her plagiarism but not by his own wife's.

Edit: oh yeah and all the stuff that led to him admitting that she gave epstein an orb

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 12, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm going to plagiarize everyone's post and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I have absolute immunity. Many very respected people and experts are saying.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm going to plagiarize everyone's post and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I have absolute immunity. Many very respected people and experts are saying.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

plagiarism is a rampant problem in academia, especially among those who become administrators instead of researchers.

but lol. harvard sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!