Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
My Bama alum brother in law said their next coach is going to be the Tim Floyd to Saban's Phil Jackson and I'm cackling

My wife/inlaws were all there when Illinois was outperforming Bama (late 90s -mid 00s) so they're being pretty stoic about things so long as I don't bring up Mike Shula or Price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

This is an absolutely insane penalty for driving a kid to meet a booster regarding NIL.

$5k plus 1% of the football budget is close to $2 million loving dollars for a car ride.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

trevorreznik posted:

My Bama alum brother in law said their next coach is going to be the Tim Floyd to Saban's Phil Jackson and I'm cackling

would only make sense if like Paul Bryant Jr. was the Bama AD and forced Saban out

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

skylined! posted:

This is an absolutely insane penalty for driving a kid to meet a booster regarding NIL.

$5k plus 1% of the football budget is close to $2 million loving dollars for a car ride.

could’ve been worse

could’ve bought him a hamburger

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/DocStaples/status/1745626134367138057
:getin:
https://twitter.com/DrunkAubie/status/1745541500060983322?r
Lol

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I know nothing of the NCAA structure but I do know FSU's former AD (Stan Wilcox) that we told to go get hosed because he tried to ruin our entire athletic department is now the VP of regulatory affairs at the NCAA. Any chance this NIL punishment went across his desk?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Was Gene Stallings the coach right after Bear, or was there another guy in between

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Apparently DeBoer is making some sort of announcement tomorrow morning. Seems like a 70/30 split between staying at UW or going to Bama. I can't image he would go on local radio just to announce he is leaving after 2 seasons.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If all the usual suspects turn down Bama, I wonder if they will prop up Rees as a sacrifice lamb for for a year and try again next season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at getting hit with bag man penalties at a time when it is legal to pay players

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Tonight we dine on (Maryland) turtle soup!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about the alabama official frantically screaming NO!!!!! at the player revealing that nick saban likes to say "grab deez" or "suck on deez"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/sportsguy1345/status/1745663885460279489?s=46&t=W279lCiDuNkK6pUC9LGTmA

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Norvell apparently interviewed today

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

lmao its gonna end up bring dabo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pillsburysoldier posted:

This makes me sad.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

^^ dont be! Just be a little nervous

Soul Glo posted:

lmao its gonna end up bring dabo

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2016/01/meet_the_man_who_lived_with_da.html

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Very nervous and kinda surprised he interviewed.

https://twitter.com/TamperingTide/status/1745669907826528336?t=aLAfXibrUjdMTRtRW5zkVg&s=19

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wait Dabo is one of the funny outcomes right?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

New video from Mikey Sainristil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMMsNx1fQo

I. M. Gei posted:

Wait Dabo is one of the funny outcomes right?

Definitely a “Peak Comedy” outcome.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was assuming from the start of this that they do not actually want Dabo who has seemed maybe past his prime for a minute now even if the results weren't always terrible. Am I wrong about that?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dabo would be so funny

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao at getting hit with bag man penalties at a time when it is legal to pay players

I mean, it's the same school that has no idea what they actually agreed to when signing billion dollar contracts with the ACC.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

If it is Dabo does he get to bring the water slide and baptism pool?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

If it is Dabo does he get to bring the water slide and baptism pool?

They probably already have one

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I opened Dabos wiki page a little bit ago and some prankster edited his current position as head coach of Alabama.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

This makes me sad.

same same

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Norvell after agreeing to a Bama contract:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Norvell will get run out so fast if he goes to bama. They won't appreciate him :smith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/ryanefox2/status/1745587717709189397?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

pillsburysoldier posted:

I've been a fan of Norvell since he was our OC (ASU), so I'd have to begrudgingly cheer for Bama now if he gets it, poor me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Vacate FSU's moral victory.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It's the loving wild west with paying players and tampering, yet FSU still manages to gently caress it up lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nike is going to print up a bunch of "The Grass is drat Green in Eugene" t-shirts, and the bootleggers you see on the walk over to Autzen are also going to but maaaaybe with different graphics on the shirt :v:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Buddy, look into what Alabama was like in the decades before saban showed up

The hydra of Alabama donors is gonna eat the next coach alive. Sarkisian appears to have finally done what Mack was (mostly) able to do at Texas. It took them three coaching hires to get it right. Saban is what made Alabama what it is, and the next coach is going to be trying to replicate it in an even tougher and deeper SEC

Saban got the Stupid Dragon hydra of LSU boosters to work together, the man was a genius at that side of things.

Zurreco posted:

Apparently DeBoer is making some sort of announcement tomorrow morning. Seems like a 70/30 split between staying at UW or going to Bama. I can't image he would go on local radio just to announce he is leaving after 2 seasons.

gonna find out real quick if he's signed that contract extension :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm way late here but one dude who orchestrated it is literally named Lazarus?

That guy is coming back from this.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Unless DeBoer is a high school recruit that takes one team's sweatshirt off to reveal another team's T-shirt on signing day, there's no way he's going on local radio in Washington to announce he's taking the Alabama job.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Komet posted:

Unless DeBoer is a high school recruit that takes one team's sweatshirt off to reveal another team's T-shirt on signing day, there's no way he's going on local radio in Washington to announce he's taking the Alabama job.

Well supposedly he’s no longer going on local radio!!!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Also Sark did just that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Tommy Tuberville is RIGHT THERE, come on!