Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Does Felix still do the show?

He’s gonna come charging through the wall like the kool aid man for this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Of course, someone has to pipe up once an episode or so to compare the thing they’re talking about to Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

selec posted:

He’s gonna come charging through the wall like the kool aid man for this one

Or like a Hassidic guy coming out of a wall

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Gripweed posted:

Mr President, a second stroke has hit the Chapo Trap House.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he's Government Witness A for the Juul class action

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gripweed posted:

No he quit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

remember when felix was on fent

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i say swears online posted:

he still is

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

i say swears online posted:

when was that? i just remember that he did kratom

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

smdh at Will not watching Dirty Money one of the few good Netflix documentary series. Ackman makes an rear end of himself in one of the episodes.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

smdh at Will not watching Dirty Money one of the few good Netflix documentary series. Ackman makes an rear end of himself in one of the episodes.

It’s so good

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The tunnels are more important news than Ackman imo

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

selec posted:

It’s been a pretty crazy week but no way Felix doesn’t make them talk about The Tunnel

I'm interested, but I didn't know Felix was big on books. Especially William Gass.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Glimpse posted:

Of course, someone has to pipe up once an episode or so to compare the thing they’re talking about to Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Felix seems to have moved on to the Yakuza series, so I'm looking forward to an episode where he compares Joe Biden to Daigo Dojima

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAPpqdT0-4&t=110s

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

net work error posted:

Sure but it's very funny to taunt him

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

amber

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Felix seems to have moved on to the Yakuza series, so I'm looking forward to an episode where he compares Joe Biden to Daigo Dojima

Nobody in the democrats has the morality of a patriarch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Concerning.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

net work error posted:

the morality of a patriarch
Feels like a Reading Series.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

alert

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it’s over :negative:

https://x.com/trueanonpod/status/1745177464085615016?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

net work error posted:

I loved how they tied these two together with the rescue mission.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Episodes with Ryan Grimm guesting are always great. Some good stuff about I/P, but the meat of the episode is his new book. I have to agree with Felix that AOC's explanations of her motives and goals and feelings makes her come off worse, not better.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I've been thinking of this Matt quote more and more recently

quote:

And that's what these guys are, these guys that marched in Charlottesville, these are the people who are aware of the unspoken premise of this sort of zombie neoliberalism that we're living in, which is that we're coming to a point where there's gonna be ecological catastrophe, and that it's gonna require either massive redistribution of the ill-gotten gains of the first world, or genocide.

https://twitter.com/HeartlandSignal/status/1745516201952895199?t=oin891sO-ygJ16fAGQdQTg

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I think the sentence that follows that quote is something like "and these guys choose genocide."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cached Money posted:

I think the sentence that follows that quote is something like "and these guys choose genocide."

no it's left up for the reader to decide

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haven't read that Ryan Grim book, but he does seem to have a good explanation for what the gently caress is up with AOC

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the story about Josh Gottheimer wearing a bulletproof vest to a bar is hilarious, looks like Grim wrote it up a couple of years ago here: https://theintercept.com/2021/08/24/reconciliation-infrastructure-gottheimer-democrats-unbreakable-nine/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the story about Josh Gottheimer wearing a bulletproof vest to a bar is hilarious, looks like Grim wrote it up a couple of years ago here: https://theintercept.com/2021/08/24/reconciliation-infrastructure-gottheimer-democrats-unbreakable-nine/

What a loving freak this dude is, thinking a city councilor's bar hosting a representative's birthday party is dangerous enough for a bodyguard and a bulletproof vest.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Can somebody nutshell it for me what the gently caress is up with AOC?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Got a case of the Fetterman maybe

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

You know the old cliche about trying to change the system from the inside and it changing you instead? Just that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

that's power, bay-bee

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

She wants to be a consensus-builder. For example, Grim says this came up during the Iron Dome vote. Pelosi didn't actually order her how to vote; AOC was just very torn because she felt she couldn't get her Jewish constituents into the same room to build consensus if she voted "no".

And she does not understand that the leaders of the party will never let her in no matter what she does to placate them because she holds a base of power outside of their control (and she primaried one of their own to get there).

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea that tracks. Thanks!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's still hilarious how completely out of her mind Pelosi is.

"Abolish ICE is from Russia!"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This thread 🤝 never listening to the podcast

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

She wants to be a consensus-builder. For example, Grim says this came up during the Iron Dome vote. Pelosi didn't actually order her how to vote; AOC was just very torn because she felt she couldn't get her Jewish constituents into the same room to build consensus if she voted "no".

And she does not understand that the leaders of the party will never let her in no matter what she does to placate them because she holds a base of power outside of their control (and she primaried one of their own to get there).

Yeah she sucks but on the other hand Bernie's attempt to take over the party failed, Nader's attempt to influence the party from the outside failed, every new party immediately falls apart at the seams etc. so no more or less of a failure than any other strategy.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This thread 🤝 never listening to the podcast

I listen to podcasts to sleep because of my undiagnosed ADD and then I'm too distracted to find where I left off in the morning so I like to just assume Felix said something problematic at all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

COPE 27 posted:

Yeah she sucks but on the other hand Bernie's attempt to take over the party failed, Nader's attempt to influence the party from the outside failed, every new party immediately falls apart at the seams etc. so no more or less of a failure than any other strategy.

Yeah, but her and Bernie's failures to realize they had some modicum of power outside the party structure makes their failure worse. They could have attempted to bring the party to heel a la Trump.