Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

haveblue posted:

There was a Superman game that used a similar idea- supes was invulnerable, but Metropolis had a health bar you had to protect

Suddenly realising where else I saw this; the Transformers game on the PS2, where the final boss is Unicron, and you suddenly have a bunch of superpower Mini-Cons that make you flying and invincible, but it's Cybertron itself that has the health bar and you've got to beat Unicron before he destroys it completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I still think fondly of the very silly Sleeping Dogs DLC where you get a Batmobile bristling with weapons to drive around.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That DLC indeed made the game better. Sure, it makes car chases rather anti-climatic with its speed and weaponry. Sure, you can break car races if you use its EMP to shut down your opponents at the start. But it is just so fun!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Fifty Farts posted:

Winston is the guy with the golden Desert Eagle. Wei Shen is the guy being interrogated, who is totally not an undercover cop.

Content: I like that in the original version of Sleeping Dogs (before the DLC and Director's Cut version), you'd just barely have enough cop xp to max out the cop levels right around the time in the story that Wei Shen loses trust in his fellow cops and starts siding with his Triad buddies more. It's good gameplay/story integration.

This scene always gets me for how quick the tables turn and Winston casually murders a guy. He's impulsive as all heck.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I like that scene while wearing a certain outfit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLu0obvPao0&t=14s

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Wait is the slab of beef a character?

In a different franchise

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

It really is the perfect balance of ridiculous and gritty drama.

At least until you get a trophy for slapping someone with a fish.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s a return from Miles Morales but in Spider-Man 2 there’s a costume where a cat in a spider mask is in your backpack and he constantly pokes his head out and I love him

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Sleeping Dogs lets you wear custom outfits during cutscenes. That leads to funny situations like this scene where gangsters are interrogating Winston to see if he's an undercover cop.

I also kind of love the DLC that gets you that uniform that starts right after the main gam. After a full game of running around causing chaos, Wei Shen gets demoted to traffic cop, hence why he has that outfit. The intro showing his new routine was hilarious, particularly the very stoney look on his face the whole time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

It’s a return from Miles Morales but in Spider-Man 2 there’s a costume where a cat in a spider mask is in your backpack and he constantly pokes his head out and I love him

His name is Spider-Man.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

His name is Spider-Man.

What’s his human called?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

What’s his human called?

Miles Morales, try to keep up here.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Randalor posted:

Miles Morales, try to keep up here.

Actually, Spider-Man (the cat) mostly hangs out with a bodega owner (I forget his name) until he gets taken by hoodlums, and when Spider-Man (Miles Morales) shows up because he hears someone yelling "Spider-Man! Where are you?", the bodega owner says "I wasn't talking about you, Spider-Man. The cat's name is Spider-Man." Then Spider-Man (Miles Morales) has to go find Spider-Man (the cat).

Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is not in New York at this time, so it's not ridiculous.

This is all in Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I don't know the continuation of the Spider-Man (the cat) story in Spider-Man 2.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 00:42 on Jan 12, 2024

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
He reluctantly admits that Spider-Man is named after the other Spider-Man. But after Spider-Man rescues Spider-Man, the bodega owner tells him he's his new favorite Spider-Man. After Spider-Man, of course.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And then in another part of town, Peter Parker goes to a Jewish deli where they've named their mascot Spiderman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fifty Farts posted:

Actually, Spider-Man (the cat) mostly hangs out with a bodega owner (I forget his name) until he gets taken by hoodlums, and when Spider-Man (Miles Morales) shows up because he hears someone yelling "Spider-Man! Where are you?", the bodega owner says "I wasn't talking about you, Spider-Man. The cat's name is Spider-Man." Then Spider-Man (Miles Morales) has to go find Spider-Man (the cat).

Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is not in New York at this time, so it's not ridiculous.

This is all in Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I don't know the continuation of the Spider-Man (the cat) story in Spider-Man 2.

The bodega owner is named Teo.

Both he and Spider-Man (along with Spider-Man and Spider-Man) are in Spider-Man 2 and the costume returns.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This is too confusing. They should be Spider-Man and Spider-Human, and then when Peter returns he can be Other Spider-Human.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

And then in another part of town, Peter Parker goes to a Jewish deli where they've named their mascot Spiderman.

Is it pronounced Spiderman?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
No, no, it's pronounced Spiderman

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh! Well, I feel foolish.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Phy posted:

Is it pronounced Spiderman?

spidermun

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Lone Badger posted:

This is too confusing. They should be Spider-Man and Spider-Human, and then when Peter returns he can be Other Spider-Human.

Now, let me tell you about Spiders-Man....

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now, let me tell you about Spiders-Man....

That's just 3000 spiders in a trenchcoat, isn't it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

A spider-suit but literally yes.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Is there an underwater Spider-Man? I just realized you can rearrange the letters to spell Damp-Siren.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nameless Pete posted:

Is there an underwater Spider-Man? I just realized you can rearrange the letters to spell Damp-Siren.

A damp siren, sure. MJ was one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Literally thousands of regular, albeit radioactive, spiders in a spiderman costume who collectively think they're Peter Parker.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nameless Pete posted:

There are underwater spiders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_bell_spider

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How about a Spidered-Man?
A man who's suit is just hundreds of spiders covering them?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
How about "Spider, man". A quite blasé spider?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

C'mon guys, would a real cop be dumb enough to wear a cop uniform undercover??

Everyone and everything is dumb in Sleeping Dogs. That's why it's such a great game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Croccers posted:

That's just Peter Parker's suit in Spiderman Unlimited.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Saints Row 2022 is aggressively okay, but one of my favorite moments was interrogating a rival gang member by messing up his car. Do you shoot it up? No, you use the in-game vehicle customization to turn it into whatever you want.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Croccers posted:

... that's literally Spider-Gwen's symbiote suit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nameless Pete posted:

The toy line back in the day had a whole subset called Web Splashers.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Lobok posted:

A damp siren, sure. MJ was one.

at least before she died, she spied her man

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Like a certain superintendent, he never did have any steamed clam.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
It's the littlest of little things, but I'm playing Star Wars Jedi Survivor and I love that there's an option, completely separate from the regular difficulty settings, that makes it so if you fall into a pit during a jumping puzzle and get respawned at the beginning, you don't lose health. The health loss is on by default and you don't even lose that much, but it's a really cool option that takes away a lot of stress from the acrobatic segments.

TheOneAndOnlyT has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Jan 12, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like that. As much as I enjoy Respawn's platforming, both Jedi games are consistently a bit wonky for me in terms of timing jumps and grabbing onto walls, so I end up falling into pits more frequently than I'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Alhazred posted:

Everyone and everything is dumb in Sleeping Dogs. That's why it's such a great game.

heck yeah goty