Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I also personally think Lynx is much better than Natasha.

That said, I’m only using her until I get Luocha or Fu Xuan (already have Huohuo for my other team).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bad Video Games posted:

I have 1 Bailu. I will never use her.

At the end-of-year fortune telling event, it told me that I'd used Bailu over 6,000 times so far.

In conclusion, this thread is a land of contrasts.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Knowing how they derived their numbers doesn't tell me what those numbers mean. Maybe I'm just stupid and old, but I have no clue what any of that means. What I want to know is if my characters are good, and how do I make them better.

I've barely touched that Cavern, but I do have 1 passable set on Kafka. It's my next focus once I get a usable chest piece for Herta.

I'm not sure how useful those rating sites will be to determine if your characters are "good" or not. Really what matters is if they're able to clear the content you want to use them in. Like with Herta, I just want to use her in Pure Fiction against ice weak enemies, so once she's able to pull her weight on that side enough to get me 3*s, then I don't need to keep building her. It doesn't matter how she compares to other people's Hertas, or the ideal Herta.

Once you've determined you need to improve a character in order to achieve your goal, the ratings for individual relics could be useful to point out spots for improvement. But really what you need to know is the stat priority for each character you're building. I just look at prydwen for guidance if I'm not sure about this. You have to know this in order to recognize a good drop when you see it, regardless. I initially had trouble remembering this so I made a spreadsheet showing the top 4 stats for all my characters, because I love making spreadsheets. But after looking at enough relics and characters I stopped needing it.

So, look at the character's relics and determine which one is worst. Don't even look at substats until the main stat is correct. After I get to that point I check how many useful stats show up on the relic based on their stat priorities. Using Herta as an example again, I'd count crit rate, crit damage, attack %, and speed as relevant. I don't care that much about the exact balance between them because it doesn't matter as much as avoiding stuff like flat HP.

Zero or one relevant stat? Easy to improve unless every roll went to the good stat, in which case it should be so high that it's obvious. Two? I take a closer look, because it could be great or it could be garbage depending on how it rolled. Three or four? Eh, my time is probably better spent elsewhere.

In my experience if a DPS is otherwise built, relic substats can help but unless they have like zero relevant substats on every piece they'll probably do fine.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Genovera posted:

In my experience if a DPS is otherwise built, relic substats can help but unless they have like zero relevant substats on every piece they'll probably do fine.

Yeah, this is my experience too. I generally don't bother keeping relics with only one relevant substat, but even then I wind up with a bunch of things that have those one instance each of attack percent and crit rate (or whatever) and roll nothing but poo poo for the other stats and those characters still do fine. They'd do a lot better with relics with 8 on-topic substat rolls instead of 2, but that "a lot better" is literally just, like, 1 reward from MoC because I already full cleared PF and almost full cleared MoC. Not worth the headache to me.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Bailu is precious and deserves headpats and snacks.

Meanwhile, I finally managed to clear all the Xianzhou Forgotten Hall stages :woop: I definitely need more XP to get Tingyun out of L70, she went down to something like 30 HP at the end. It's funny, in Genshin I ended up with 100+ resin items and no desire to use them at all, meanwhile I'm hanging on by a thread here waiting for stamina to recover. The grind never ends :unsmigghh:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Traveller posted:

Bailu is precious and deserves headpats and snacks.

Meanwhile, I finally managed to clear all the Xianzhou Forgotten Hall stages :woop: I definitely need more XP to get Tingyun out of L70, she went down to something like 30 HP at the end. It's funny, in Genshin I ended up with 100+ resin items and no desire to use them at all, meanwhile I'm hanging on by a thread here waiting for stamina to recover. The grind never ends :unsmigghh:

She's really lucky I like her otherwise I'd be mad she's shown up 5 times so far.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
https://seeleland.com/leaderboards/

Is decent for a quick first look / comparing most of your dps characters like for like on a leaderboard basis. Obviously has some limitations based on what they use for each character, how big the category your character falls into (try only sharing them while using a lightcone that has a lot of other users on that leaderboard) and also not all characters have leaderboards currently. But it's useful for some things, like swapping between Space Seeling Station and that newly farmed Rutilant Arena set to get a quick comparison. Or when you don't want to do the calculation yourself and just want to compare different hp/def combinations on Fu Xuan for effective hit points.

I can see at a glance, that having worked on my Fu Xuan for the past week who was only top 30% before, it would probably be Jingliu's turn for upgrades (Or more likely someone else entirely). However, I could also farm more for Fu Xuan and Silver Wolf at least until QQ gets that crit chest that doesn't have four dead substats on it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera, Zurai, shrach:

That is all much more helpful. Thank you!

I get completely lost in the weeds with substats and my characters who should be good end up trash.

I don't necessarily care about Herta beyond getting her own crit chest, but I do care about trying to get those last 2 stars in MoC.

qbert posted:

I also personally think Lynx is much better than Natasha.

I only use Lynx with Clara, and even then, she doesn't go past MoC 9 because she struggles to keep up.

I have Fu, Luocha, and Gepard. I haven’t used Nat since the Cocolia fight.

delfin posted:

At the end-of-year fortune telling event, it told me that I'd used Bailu over 6,000 times so far.

In conclusion, this thread is a land of contrasts.

I literally just got her last week. If I was stuck with only 4 star healers, then I would definitely use her.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-9MQnTDNe4

Sorry for the crunchy video (thanks PS5), but how do I stop this? Like every high level fight is just absolute domination, then just this. Like the boss just decides I need to lose and takes seven turns in a row or just oneshots everyone. Everyone but Bailu is 80, they all have decent relics, and she's the one that survived.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Anora posted:

Sorry for the crunchy video (thanks PS5), but how do I stop this? Like every high level fight is just absolute domination, then just this. Like the boss just decides I need to lose and takes seven turns in a row or just oneshots everyone. Everyone but Bailu is 80, they all have decent relics, and she's the one that survived.
simply melt it before it gets a turn with Topaz, Clara and Quinque, that's what I do

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Anora posted:

So biggest problem here is don't bring all your damage dealers in one fight. Ideal setup is Healer, Preservation/ Support, Support, Carry

For Remembrance that might be Bailu, Gepard, Pela and Jingliu, or Bailu, Tingyun, Pela and Jingliu. Himeko and Argenti would work well in as carries in a Erudition run.

My other check would be what's your speed like, although SU bosses are pretty fast you can outpace them fairly easily with 134+ speed, you can also break poo poo by using the Hunt 3* blessings to take extra turns or take extra Ultimates with the Erudition 3* blessings

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah the biggest immediate problem is you have three DPS (which makes SP a pain) and one healer who can't keep up

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Anora posted:

How long did it take before it did that? Almost every enemy has an enrage timer so if you take forever they will decide to kill you. And yeah replace 2 of the dps by harmony/nihility units that support well the remaining dps and you'll get it done before he does that.

Edit: now I see thats its an SU run, if its high swarm of G&G run that's normal enemy damage output. Bailu usualy can't keep a normal team alive in sim 4+ solo unless you break everything before they get a chance to move.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 11, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mods change the title to Seeleland.com (excellent url)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm starting to think I'm not high enough level for the Seclusion zone "big trouble" boss fight.. Everyone is lvl 50, I can get to Phase 2 but then it does some big attack that inevitably kills someone and then it's just downhill from there. Any solid strats other than to come back at 60 and try my luck again?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The bug? Have you tried using 2 healers? That's what I would roll for any hard story fight.

Or just come back in a couple of weeks when you have Ratio decently ready to go.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5u_lXJIAA

:allears: Look at this smug piece of poo poo, he's great.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
really channeling that fujoshi demographic energy

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Love me some gratuitous thighs.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

New Leaf posted:

I'm starting to think I'm not high enough level for the Seclusion zone "big trouble" boss fight.. Everyone is lvl 50, I can get to Phase 2 but then it does some big attack that inevitably kills someone and then it's just downhill from there. Any solid strats other than to come back at 60 and try my luck again?

If you've got a gepard laying around, bring him as well. That's how I managed it. You could probably get by with march if it's the same person dying over and over, but if the huge attack is your problem, your only options are "shield everyone" or "fish up more hp/def," I guess.

Looking at a wiki, it seems it'll do that once it's done charging (when it's multiplying/spawning dudes on hit), so I guess you might be able to avoid the subsequent ones if you could manage to break it in time. But I feel like it also does it on phase change, so if you can't survive the first one you're back to "shields or more hp/def."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dr Veritas Ratio

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5u_lXJIAA

:allears: Look at this smug piece of poo poo, he's great.

And to think that they're just giving us this man for free :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I honestly feel like his EN voice has even more of that smug rear end in a top hat vibes, but drat if that's not a great trailer regardless.

I can't wait for my free insufferable rear end in a top hat (affectionate).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Veritas Ratio, undercover nerd

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The Geek shall inherit the Earth. *drops pillar on you*

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Finally I'll have a REAL Imaginary unit and not just a stuffy old fox mom who requires waaay too much work to get online

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Bailu is Gawr Gura in disguise.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

unruly posted:

With the path of Preservation, it feels like if you bring Fu, she'll get burned up faster because damage to shields goes to her before hitting the shield. I actually take Bailu to run preservation (or Abundance) because if you can't focus build shields on someone (ala March) then you'll burn her down too quickly, especially with big hits.

If you have Fu Xuan don't bother running preservation - run destruction. It's nuts.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Video Games posted:

Lynx is a side grade to Natasha at best.

Lynx has a party wide cleanse on her ultimate. That's really quite useful. I'm guessing you never got Lynx and are writing a feel better about it post?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DancingShade posted:

If you have Fu Xuan don't bother running preservation - run destruction. It's nuts.

yeah just make sure not to take the damage spread blessing (or do for laughs)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

yeah just make sure not to take the damage spread blessing (or do for laughs)

I always pick it and she hasn't died yet :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Lynx has a party wide cleanse on her ultimate. That's really quite useful. I'm guessing you never got Lynx and are writing a feel better about it post?

Shes literally free right now though

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DancingShade posted:

I just have better sustain and don't bother with the 4 star healers.

Also, my Lynx is level 80 with level 8 traces. I've used her plenty and know what she's capable of. There's no content where I would bring her over Luocha, Fu, or even Gepard. I might use her over Bailu, but I will never build Bailu because she showed up late.

Oh yeah, mine's e6 now, thanks to Pure Fiction. Seems like a pretty good eidolon.

Meowywitch posted:

Finally I'll have a REAL Imaginary unit and not just a stuffy old fox mom who requires waaay too much work to get online

I just have her basic attack and ult when needed. Her autobattle sucks, but she's pretty useful in some team comps. She also works really well with Bronya since she provides a crit rate buff on ult. It's still my favorite hypercarry team.

I do need to rebuild my supports. I might toss Bronya in the Wind set if I get the right relics, and I think I want to try dps Yukong and Asta. Maybe dps Luocha, but that seems hard.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 12, 2024

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Video Games posted:

I just have better sustain and don't bother with the 4 star healers.

Also, my Lynx is level 80 with level 8 traces. I've used her plenty and know what she's capable of. There's no content where I would bring her over Luocha, Fu, or even Gepard. I might use her over Bailu, but I will never build Bailu because she showed up late.

Oh yeah, mine's e6 now, thanks to Pure Fiction. Seems like a pretty good eidolon.

Sure but I thought we were talking about Lynx in relation to Natasha. Of course Luocha et al 5 star healers make all the 4 stars useless, unless you need a mono quantum (until Sparkle) or whatever and have a slot to fill with a warm body.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Lynx is functionally just better Natasha in every way mechanically. She's also better than Bailu in many cases; Bailu has the edge in raw healing numbers, but there's an ever-increasing amount of fights where you really want either status block or status cleanse, which Bailu doesn't have.

She's not as good as the other 5* sustains, but a lot of people don't have two non-Bailu 5* sustains, so they need a backup, in which case Lynx is the best there is.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lynx has definitely become more useful than Nat since the appearance of that new arumaton elite. Especially since her debuff apparently doesn't count as crowd control because my Luocha gets hit by it way too often.

I said Lynx is a side grade because there is very little content where bringing a built Lynx over a built Natasha will make much difference. Against that arumaton Lynx might be more useful if she doesn't get delayed, but generally they will do the same job and about as well. Lynx is better used with Clara or Blade, but if you are using Natasha and clearing content just fine then Lynx isn't really necessary.

She is great for new players. If you have Lynx and Natasha, and you don't have any other sustain except March and Fireblazer, then you should build both. Both will see you through a lot of content until you get an upgrade, and you might just stick with one of them for fun anyway.

Edit: Also, the person I originally responded to already has a Bailu. They're not hurting for sustain and are trying Lynx out for fun.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 12, 2024

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ratio giving big Ozymandius vibes for some reason. I don't think he'll secretly turn out to be a villain because he's just too goofy, but there is definitely something off.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Ratio giving big Ozymandius vibes for some reason. I don't think he'll secretly turn out to be a villain because he's just too goofy, but there is definitely something off.

He's clearly got some kind of issue with the Genius Society.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

MarquiseMindfang posted:

He's clearly got some kind of issue with the Genius Society.

They choose to hoard and isolate knowledge with no oversight instead of sharing and teaching others. I think that's the issue at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

On the other hand, the Intelligentsia Guild is sponsored by the IPC, they're definitely not doing this out of the good of their hearts.