Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Confusedslight posted:

Is there a time frame for the court for when they have to come to a conclusion by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1745755864366018903?s=20

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Chillgamesh posted:

But Arabic speakers don't use the Kh- sound when saying "Hamas"? So it's kind of like the Hebrew speakers are taking their name and saying "ackshually its pronounced this way"

Yeah kinda
"kh" with a Hebrew accent also just generally sounds a bit harsher

Lukeycoon
Nov 16, 2007

now that its over, i wonder if either sides speeches will be made public. would be curious to see some of Israel's arguments in writing.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VoicesCanBe posted:

These strikes were ordered for domestic political points weren't they. Biden admim knows this isn't going to actually materially effect the situation beyond escalation.

no one in this hellhole cares about the missile strikes except the oil barons

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Fumble posted:

Does this trial only cover the gaza genocide, or does it include the west bank and golan land theft and ethnic clansing too?

just gaza post oct 7th

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
well that was just awful and they have no case whatsoever

which means israel is gonna win

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Lukeycoon posted:

now that its over, i wonder if either sides speeches will be made public. would be curious to see some of Israel's arguments in writing.

https://www.icj-cij.org/case/192

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1745764350311223359?s=20

yes Britain you're helping! YAY!

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Lukeycoon posted:

https://www.icj-cij.org/case/192

Verbatim record should be available here later today.

edit: oh no

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Chillgamesh posted:

Is there some significance to Khamas like when they call Isis Daesh or is it just Israelis pronouncing it funny

Sancho Banana posted:

It's how it's called in Hebrew, like how "Hannukah" is pronounced "Khannukah". English just doesn't have the "kh" ("ח") sound which Hebrew and Arabic do.

Chillgamesh posted:

But Arabic speakers don't use the Kh- sound when saying "Hamas"? So it's kind of like the Hebrew speakers are taking their name and saying "ackshually its pronounced this way"

Sancho Banana posted:

Yeah kinda
"kh" with a Hebrew accent also just generally sounds a bit harsher

all of this, and also that they speak with basically flawless english accents and then only pull out the kh-sound for KHAMAS.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/wallacemick/status/1745757806995669470?s=20

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I came in late so only really watched the last guy live, but there was a lot of [citation needed] in those claims when you're basically using them to deflect genocidal statements by public leaders and open display of gleeful destruction of clear noncombattant property.

I'm obviously someone with a strong opinion on the happenings so I'm not pretending to be objective, but I guess what I heard was "anyone who did an unofficial genocide is being dealt with by our own legal frameworks, and moreover if we can't bomb civilians without being accused of genocide then you're empowering terrorists"

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Sancho Banana posted:

Theoretically, how long would it take the court to order a ceasefire anyway, and until when would it last? Until the end of the trial?

I mean, if by some astounding circumstance they actually ruled against Israel and put forward a ceasefire, it would just be ignored. Theres nothing the UN can do, and if they try any kind of resolution at the security council it will just always get vetoed.

It may make then look bad, but no one can make them stop, and the US won't stop sending shiploads of bombs.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

UN deplores Israel's 'systematic' attempt to hinder humanitarian aid to Gaza
19 minutes ago
While Israel is at the ICJ defending itself against genocide and alleging that its facilitating humanitarian aide the UN in a statment on Friday has claimed otherwise.

The United Nations humanitarian office said that Israeli authorities were systematically denying it access to northern Gaza to deliver aid, and this had significantly hindered the humanitarian operation there.

"The operations in the north have become increasingly more complicated," said Andrea De Domenico, head of office for the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

"We have systematic refusal from the Israeli side of our effort to get there, to access the north."

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

So turning the Red Sea into a War zone is supposed to accomplish what?

Not really seeing what the US gains from expanding the war either.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Grimson posted:

all of this, and also that they speak with basically flawless english accents and then only pull out the kh-sound for KHAMAS.

You ever heard a Lib say Drumpf? They think words are magic and the signifier defines the signified. Also why they're losing probably tbh.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/army21ye/status/1745724939364143363?s=20

quote:

A statement issued by the Yemeni Armed Forces
In the name of God, the most gracious, the most merciful
God Almighty said: {Then whoever commits aggression against you, commit aggression against him in the same way as he committed aggression against you. And fear Allah, and know that God is with the righteous.} God Almighty has spoken the truth.

The American-British enemy, as part of its support for the continuation of Israeli crime in Gaza, launched a brutal aggression against the Republic of Yemen with seventy-three raids, targeting the capital, Sanaa, and the governorates of Hodeidah, Taiz, Hajjah, and Saada. The raids led to the death of five martyrs and the injury of six others from our armed forces.

The American and British enemy bears full responsibility for its criminal aggression against our Yemeni people, and it will not go unanswered and unpunished.

The Yemeni armed forces will not hesitate to target sources of threat and all hostile targets on land and at sea in defense of Yemen, its sovereignty and independence.

This brutal aggression will not dissuade Yemen from its position of support and support for the oppression of the Palestinian people, and the Yemeni armed forces confirm their continued prevention of Israeli ships or those heading to the ports of occupied Palestine from navigation in the Arab and Red Seas.

God is sufficient for us, and He is the best disposer of affairs, the best protector, and the best helper

Long live Yemen, free, dear and independent
Victory belongs to Yemen and to all the free people of the nation

Sanaa, Rajab 1, 1445 AH
Corresponding to January 12, 2024 AD

Issued by the Yemeni Armed Forces

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
swedish state media implying south africa is only doing this because it's an election year and it makes them look good

at the same time they're running a headline saying "terror plans in denmarks has links to hamas" with the only source for that being mossad.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Danish state prosecutor claims earlier arrests over an alleged terrorist plot have "connections to Hamas". They're really going with this bullshit. Unfortunately the charges are kept double-plus secret, democratically.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
so AnsarAllah is saying that the anglo-devil coalition bombed 73 locations, and in total inflicted 11 causalities?

and the Yemeni Armed Forces have 2+ million men under arms?

It seems like the only thing this imperial tantrum accomplished was further degrading the west's supplies and international standing.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Scrree posted:

so AnsarAllah is saying that the anglo-devil coalition bombed 73 locations, and in total inflicted 11 causalities?

and the Yemeni Armed Forces have 2+ million men under arms?

It seems like the only thing this imperial tantrum accomplished was further degrading the west's supplies and international standing.

It also made the opposition stand behind Ansarallah.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Chillgamesh posted:

i guess (charitably) hebrew doesn't have a ح sound, so maybe they view ח as a closer equivalent than ה.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s so funny that you can see the security state talking points shifted slightly to go against South Africa’s international court case. Now every time they say “Israel-Hamas conflict”, no matter the context, they quickly follow up with “which started October 7th”

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It also made the opposition stand behind Ansarallah.

ISIS - Yemen Province still stands with the Rules Based International Order.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

These strikes were ordered for domestic political points weren't they. Biden admim knows this isn't going to actually materially effect the situation beyond escalation.

yeah. comments about this in other places are like "good, this should've happened weeks ago!! order is now restored"

so for that purpose it was a success I guess

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

John Charity Spring posted:

it's going to be really bleakly funny if the court finds in favour of Israel after all this

Of course they will, that's why Israel doesn't give a poo poo and is just stump speeching

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Raccooon posted:

Wild watching all these Dem accounts ecstatic about attacking Yemen. When I know they would all be screaming mad if Trump was doing it.

Like, deciding all your positions purely on the need to help Biden get re-elected with no other thought. I don’t think even conservatives operate like that on their positions.

Republican veters have at least some principles on the issues. Hence terms like RINO and primary challenges to incumbents being real threats. Their principles generally suck rear end but its not blind support.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Grimson posted:

Yeah that poo poo was likely focus group tested.

Its exactly the kind of poo poo the Frank Luntz's of the world do.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

CODChimera posted:

yeah. comments about this in other places are like "good, this should've happened weeks ago!! order is now restored"

so for that purpose it was a success I guess

Liberals will always choose order over justice.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
loving incredible that the mainstream media didn't cover yesterday's proceedings but are covering today's

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

Liberals will always choose order over justice.

Liberals will always choose barbarism

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Burner posted:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gradenko_2000 posted:

loving incredible that the mainstream media didn't cover yesterday's proceedings but are covering today's

Tbh I'm surprised it's covered at all. Most Americans are just happy to see bombs falling again

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

They're not even pretending at this point lmao

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

the final number was 137 mentions of Hamas

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The thing is also that a lot of shipping is still going through the Red Sea it is just usually tankers with Russian oil or Chinese container ships. I assume the US/UK actually think some air strikes are enough to force submission on the Houthis/Yemeni in general rather than lead to an increase in attacks.

Also, the US and Europe are both trying to keep supply lines stable and inflation down, and none of this is going to help.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I just hope I don't die in whatever comeuppance America finally gets because there will be no slowing down until something catastrophic happens.

Been thinking more and more about just becoming a loving hermit in the woods. I hate this place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Puppy Burner posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ardennes posted:

The thing is also that a lot of shipping is still going through the Red Sea it is just usually tankers with Russian oil or Chinese container ships. I assume the US/UK actually think some air strikes are enough to force submission on the Houthis/Yemeni in general rather than lead to an increase in attacks.

Also, the US and Europe are both trying to keep supply lines stable and inflation down, and none of this is going to help.

Increased inflation and supply shortages are good for the govts in the US and Europe because then they can justify the bombing and killing and the people will accept that since they can blame the monstrous houthis for making gas cost more.

And Americans are already rejoicing all over Twitter and social media and celebrating the houthis "loving around and finding out! freedom delivery baby woo!"