Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Incredibly disturbed by one woman's perspective in this week's Guardian domestic debate column: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/jan/12/you-be-the-judge-should-my-wifes-family-stop-using-my-toothbrush

quote:

When you live with three siblings and your mum and dad, you just do whatever. We shared toothbrushes – we have done it our entire lives. I still do when I go home. I genuinely don’t think there’s anything unusual about it. I thought everyone did it. It didn’t occur to me that it was disgusting.

My husband didn’t know for a really long time that everyone in my house was using his toothbrush when he stayed over. He used to be like, “Why is my toothbrush wet?” I didn’t say anything for a while. But he had a very beautiful, pristine toothbrush, whereas Mum used to just get a pack of Aldi ones. My siblings wouldn’t have known it was his, though. They would have just seen it and thought: “I’ll be using that one tonight.”

He has got around the issue by taking his toothbrush back into the bedroom whenever he stays at my family home. I think it’s funny that he keeps it under lock and key, and my family think it’s hilarious. They take the piss out of him for being a stiff-necked loser. I tell him to chill out about the toothbrush thing – I think sharing is charming.

Imagine getting married and then your in-laws show up like a bunch of drooling Gollums clamouring to have a go at your superior-quality Oral-B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just got sick in my mouth, kids are crying, thanks

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Issuing correction on a previous post of mine, when you live with three siblings and your mum and dad you don't just do whatever.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

The issue with cheering for stuff like this is it's a rounding error on Musk's personal wealth but a real issue for the workers in those factories.
I don't know how strong German labour laws are but you know Musk won't be paying anyone a penny unless he absolutely has to.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Boring grey brain: Life doesn't begin at a specific defined point, but rather like a painting is an emergent and complex process.
Technicolor brain: Life begins at conception.
Galactic chakra brain: Sperm have teeth.
https://twitter.com/thhamilton/status/1744784814157275330

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Next we'll find out they've been sharing each others' sex arses

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Going to the "dentist" for a "tooth extraction"

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Guavanaut posted:

Boring grey brain: Life doesn't begin at a specific defined point, but rather like a painting is an emergent and complex process.
Technicolor brain: Life begins at conception.
Galactic chakra brain: Sperm have teeth.
https://twitter.com/thhamilton/status/1744784814157275330

Vaginas have teeth, i saw a film about it once.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Wait if teeth are now the determinant of life, does this mean we can freely abort people who lose all their teeth?

Even more incentive not to share toothbrushes

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

grobbo posted:

Incredibly disturbed by one woman's perspective in this week's Guardian domestic debate column: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/jan/12/you-be-the-judge-should-my-wifes-family-stop-using-my-toothbrush

Imagine getting married and then your in-laws show up like a bunch of drooling Gollums clamouring to have a go at your superior-quality Oral-B

Astonishing late entry at the very top of the “most disgusting thing I’ve read today” charts

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Fumble posted:

This is completely OTT but I never get why it's supposed to be a disturbing idea for men? I mean oral sex is a thing and nobody seems to mind.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

The issue with cheering for stuff like this is it's a rounding error on Musk's personal wealth but a real issue for the workers in those factories.
I don't know how strong German labour laws are but you know Musk won't be paying anyone a penny unless he absolutely has to.

If Musk wants start a fight with German unions while eating poo poo hand delivered by the Nordic unions, that's fine by me.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

This is completely OTT but I never get why it's supposed to be a disturbing idea for men? I mean oral sex is a thing and nobody seems to mind.

I believe it's the implication of a creature mimicking a human in order to chomp your bits off.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Guardian columnists are the oddest bunch of people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Private Speech posted:

Supposedly it's a folk tale to discourage would-be rapists who are not otherwise discouraged from that for reasons of basic morality.

Fumble posted:

Vagina dentata!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

🎶it means no penis
for the rest of your daysssss🎶

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Regardless of whether attacking ships in the Red Sea could affect German auto workers or what Ansar Allah's views on women are, I don't think that the US and UK bombing Yemeni cities yet again is good. It seems really bad in fact.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sanford posted:

Astonishing late entry at the very top of the “most disgusting thing I’ve read today” charts

It's only 1pm it's not that late an entry.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The wife.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

DreddyMatt posted:

Just a warning on this. One of their tips is that different job titles can result in lower premiums.
However, if you keep putting in different quotes changing your job title, it can result in some companies refusing to quote you at all, as they don't like people trying to game the system.
YMMV, but it's something I've seen people complain about in car forums

Yeah another of the issues with tips like these is that they're often taking a niche, specific tip and generalising it out to useless cases. There are certain job titles which carry higher insurance premiums. Broadly speaking, you pay more for your insurance if your job is high profile, because there's a higher risk of your accidents being more expensive. If you're a giving a colleague a lift home from work and cause an accident that gives your friend whiplash, that friend's injury claim (that includes loss of earnings) is going to cost a lot more money if you're both TV presenters vs you both being civil servants. This means that if, say, you work as an audio engineer at the BBC, you might see a different premium for "TV/Radio Supervisor" vs "Audio Engineer".

There can also be higher premiums if you're in a "driving" occupation because even if using the car for business is explicitly forbidden there is perceived to be a much higher risk that you'll decide to use the car for your job. So if you're a courier, a deliveroo driver, or a taxi driver, those job titles will probably put your insurance up.

But there's going to be no difference at all between listing your occupation as "Clerical Secretary" and "Admin Assistant". If you're not potentially carrying Graham Norton or a chicken korma in the car, the insurance company is unlikely to care.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tesseraction posted:

🎶it means no penis
for the rest of your daysssss🎶

It's our todger-free philosophy
Vagina dentata

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

It's our todger-free philosophy
Vagina dentata

Sebzilla, not in front of the kids!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Looking forward to the next Chuck Tingle masterpiece "Brushing my sperms ' teeth with my stepbrother's toothbrush"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

What a truly loving tremendous last 5 years it’s been. Just superb

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Marmaduke! posted:

Looking forward to the next Chuck Tingle masterpiece "Brushing my sperms ' teeth with my stepbrother's toothbrush"

Pounded in the rear end by my brother in law's Oral-B

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Private Speech posted:

Freud was a coked up weirdo

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Global news since 2018: Blood, blood, blood…and a bit of sick

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Adrian Chiles: Should I ask my mother in law to stop using my toothbrush to apply her haemorrhoid ointment?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Even Musks Twitter loss can written off against other assets which means he ends up saving money.... tax law is insane. :ughh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Freud was a coked up weirdo
Everything that Freud thought cocaine was good for (anxiety, depression, addiction) has been thoroughly disproven, and everything that he thought it was just a placebo for (arthritis, anaesthesia in eye surgery) it works for.

This is a common logical fallacy in those who are on cocaine all day.

fuctifino posted:

Adrian Chiles: Should I ask my mother in law to stop using my toothbrush to apply her haemorrhoid ointment?
I'd love to read a Chuck Tingle/Adrian Chiles collab.

Pounded in the butt by my bespoke butt-pounder I commissioned in Belgravia was surprisingly cathartic.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I haven't seen too much about the results of the strikes?

The Iranian backed Houthis controlled health agency seems to say 5 deaths which does sound like it was a pretty narrowly targeted attack given they apparently hit 60 separate targets.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Tigey posted:

Next we'll find out they've been sharing each others' sex arses
We’ve all got to make sacrifices given the Red Sea situation.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Kishan_Devani/status/1745743135903260991

:allears:

I have no idea who he is, but Keith couldn't appear less interested if he tried. These were the best four pics Kishan could post

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I haven't seen too much about the results of the strikes?

The Iranian backed Houthis controlled health agency seems to say 5 deaths which does sound like it was a pretty narrowly targeted attack given they apparently hit 60 separate targets.

They basically just sprayed the coastline with Tomahawk missiles, which is (a) unlikely to be effective against targets as mobile as missile launchers and drones, and (b) unlikely to indicate a serious, long-term military investment by America, since they're using a weapon with highly limited ammunition that doesn't require them to risk human pilots. This was all a bit performative.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Darth Walrus posted:

They basically just sprayed the coastline with Tomahawk missiles, which is (a) unlikely to be effective against targets as mobile as missile launchers and drones, and (b) unlikely to indicate a serious, long-term military investment by America, since they're using a weapon with highly limited ammunition that doesn't require them to risk human pilots. This was all a bit performative.
It does essentially nothing to degrade the Houthis’ capabilities while making the Red Sea even more dangerous for shipping. Not to mention further inflaming the ME against both the great and lesser Satan.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Half the kids that walk to school past my front door are dressed in camo fatigues some days.

Could be more than half. Those are just the ones you can see.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

One Weird Excuse - Your Investors Will Hate It!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Beefeater1980 posted:

One Weird Excuse - Your Investors Will Hate It!

It does seem a convenient excuse to shut down when Swedish workers making components destined for the Berlin factory have also been striking in sympathy with Tesla mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Houthis are doing this in solidarity to Swedish IF Metall union :cheers: