Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Johnson reported in a dark, unknown place. Said it smells like butt and ketchup. Apparently was not where reporters last spotted him.

For some thread comedy about Trump, we have:

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1745847252617494997

Tweet text: Kevin O'Leary, "Mr. Wonderful" went on CNN and absolutely DESTROYS Letitia James' case against Trump:

“Every single real estate developer everywhere on Earth does this…Who lost money? Nobody! If you’re gonna sue this case and win, you gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere...so I don’t think this thing will ever survive appeal…This doesn’t even make sense.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rescue Toaster posted:

Like I get the humiliation aspect of Johnson relying on Dems and then them protecting him from a HFC effort to vacate.

But at the same time, it's loving gross as hell if any Dems actually vote in favor of that hateful piece of poo poo.

You sign his death warrant in the GOP by doing it, and drive the conspiracy minded chuds into a frenzied rage at the GOP leadership

You end his career by protecting him as the Dems

Literally no lose scenario

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok ok after this page is done let's move on from the Johnson jokes

Many peoples partners tell them they actually prefer just a little Johnson rather than too much.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Boebert approves Johnson out vote

RandExt
Jun 1, 2023
:gizz:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Okay Johnson jokes are now forbidden

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1745831402598261203?s=20

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Toxic Mental posted:

Okay Johnson jokes are now forbidden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCSSIEUukk

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Dems own Johnson after that point.

He serves at their whim, if they don't like what he does you let the HFC go hog wild vote with them

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Rescue Toaster posted:

Like I get the humiliation aspect of Johnson relying on Dems and then them protecting him from a HFC effort to vacate.

But at the same time, it's loving gross as hell if any Dems actually vote in favor of that hateful piece of poo poo.

If the Dems have an opportunity to actually get governance to happen by way of holding on to that hateful piece of poo poo by the balls and making him dance to their tune, if only a little bit, not doing so would be way way worse than whatever nebulous moral signaling comes from "supporting" him. That's especially true if they have effective veto over whatever miserable bullshit he tries to pass through. There's a time and place for utilitarianism, and this is certainly one of them.

Not that it matters that much. It's all fantasy wishful thinking as far as I'm concerned. If Kevin McCarthy didn't have it in him to sign that pact, I can't see Johnson going for it.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 12, 2024

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Baxter posted:

Boebert approves Johnson out vote

The last time Boebert fingered Johnson in public she was thrown out of a theater

Edit content: the only way a spending resolution goes through is to work with democrats which will kill his speakership. Pretty good way to run a country.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

“Every single real estate developer everywhere on Earth does this…Who lost money? Nobody! If you’re gonna sue this case and win, you gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere...so I don’t think this thing will ever survive appeal…This doesn’t even make sense.”

listen, don't threaten ME with a good time

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ElectricSheep posted:

Right? The industry is so dirty that everyone is a felon isn't the defense you think it is you dipshits.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

We're gonna see just how tough Trump voters are lmao

God if Haley pulls close to him it's gonna rule so hard

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Johnson wouldn't dare break the sacred, inviolable (Known Pedophile)Hastert Rule!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

ElectricSheep posted:

Also I note the video in the tweet has a chyron with some kind of estimate that Trump will be fined $370m

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I am gonna start dropping sixers on Johnson jokes. Don't make me go haljordan on y'all asses.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Johnson reported in a dark, unknown place. Said it smells like butt and ketchup. Apparently was not where reporters last spotted him.

Tweet text: Kevin O'Leary, "Mr. Wonderful" went on CNN and absolutely DESTROYS Letitia James' case against Trump:

I love this idiot tried to win the Conservative Party leadership in Canada thinking he could trade off his celebrity and didn’t even come in the top 5. He’s the epitome of a dumb business luck idiot thinking he’s some kind of economic savant. Just a complete loudmouth fool. I hope this leads to his properties being more scrutinized in the future.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Toxic Mental posted:

I am gonna start dropping sixers on Johnson jokes. Don't make me go haljordan on y'all asses.

kind of a dick move

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Hornyposting ITT is reaching critical levels

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

notwithoutmyanus posted:

God drat Mr. "Wonderful" is such a terrible piece of poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

notwithoutmyanus posted:

imagine losing Iowa

imagine needing Iowa

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We're gonna see just how tough Trump voters are lmao

God if Haley pulls close to him it's gonna rule so hard

I imagine trumpers are more hardcore than the, uh, Haileyers. He’s going to win 80% of the vote by securing 8 of the 10 people who actually show up.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

brb doin my dissertation research by watching cold steel videos and going to the mall

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Almost Smart posted:

I imagine trumpers are more hardcore than the, uh, Haileyers. He’s going to win 80% of the vote by securing 8 of the 10 people who actually show up.

Are they going to have lines of old people in lines in deadly cold temperatures again?

Abandon them again from the busses to the rally?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/mediaite/status/1745830118235201994?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Oh lordy there are tapes.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

Are they going to have lines of old people in lines in deadly cold temperatures again?

Abandon them again from the busses to the rally?

Lol. I remember those rallies where he stiffed the bus drivers and left supporters in the cold. Lmfao

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Poss itt every time you break in the ferocity of a dual
Look it's the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, not the Massachusetts Institute of Spelling Good.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

You would think this dipshit would be more more aware of possible tapes than like, ANY other Republican operative.

Lmao

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. I remember those rallies where he stiffed the bus drivers and left supporters in the cold. Lmfao

They still voted for him too

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

TulliusCicero posted:

lol Remember people left in the cold saying "this is a test of loyalty" and poo poo like that

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I don't think "all real estate developers do fraud" is quite the win he thinks it is.

Also, ok, sue/prosecute them all.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Laura better get on it to convince the Illuminati to turn of the HAARP machine creating the Arctic blast to disrupt a pointless primary in a shambling party

WE THE PEOPLE WILL NOT BE SILENCED

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
someone bring a lovely radiator and convince Loomer to handcuff herself to the HAARP machine

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

They obviously had a lot of economic anxiety

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Is there any info at all why someone's been sitting on this for years? I'm not doubting the story more than I would otherwise, but why this wasn't brought to light in early 2021 at the latest sticks out like a sore thumb.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Republicans: DEFUND THE IRS! :bahgawd:

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1745833905213607939

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/irs-has-already-collected-more-than-500-million-in-back-taxes-from-delinquent-millionaires-b70fe240

quote:

Millionaires who were behind on their taxes have already paid a half-billion dollars to get current with the IRS as the agency ratchets up high-level tax compliance.

On Friday, the IRS unveiled new numbers on the amount of back taxes paid by millionaire households ever since a 2022 upgrade brought tougher IRS enforcement on businesses and superwealthy tax delinquents and dodgers.

IRS officials said they’ve pulled in a further $360 million from millionaire households with at least $250,000 in tax debts. That follows an October IRS announcement that $160 million in delinquent taxes had been raked back from wealthy households.

That’s $520 million altogether — and a strong initial return on investment for a multibillion-dollar funding influx, according to IRS Commissioner Danny Werfel.

“We are seeing significant early indicators that our increased scrutiny … is having immediate impact,” Werfel told reporters Thursday. He also noted the IRS is pressing ahead with new audits on corporations and deep-pocketed partnerships.

There’s an uncertain future for a portion of the money tied to that tougher stance, though.

Millionaires who were behind on their taxes have already paid a half-billion dollars to get current with the IRS as the agency ratchets up high-level tax compliance.

On Friday, the IRS unveiled new numbers on the amount of back taxes paid by millionaire households ever since a 2022 upgrade brought tougher IRS enforcement on businesses and superwealthy tax delinquents and dodgers.

IRS officials said they’ve pulled in a further $360 million from millionaire households with at least $250,000 in tax debts. That follows an October IRS announcement that $160 million in delinquent taxes had been raked back from wealthy households.

That’s $520 million altogether — and a strong initial return on investment for a multibillion-dollar funding influx, according to IRS Commissioner Danny Werfel.

“We are seeing significant early indicators that our increased scrutiny … is having immediate impact,” Werfel told reporters Thursday. He also noted the IRS is pressing ahead with new audits on corporations and deep-pocketed partnerships.

There’s an uncertain future for a portion of the money tied to that tougher stance, though.

The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 authorized $80 billion to the IRS over a decade. More than half the money was earmarked to revive flagging enforcement of corporations, partnerships and rich households.

Werfel and the Biden administration have pledged no increase on the audit rates for households making less than $400,000 a year.

But in a deal to lift the debt ceiling, the White House agreed with House Republican negotiators to redirect $20 billion elsewhere. Part of a new potential deal to avert a partial government shutdown on Jan. 19 would speed up the pullback of that $20 billion.

A sped-up claw-back of the $20 billion wouldn’t affect the IRS’s upgrades and high-level crackdown until the later years of the decade, Werfel said.

But it’s money well-spent on enforcement and better customer service, he said. “For this progress to continue, we must maintain a reliable, consistent annual appropriation for our agency, as well as keeping Inflation Reduction Act funding intact,” Werfel said Thursday.

There are funding questions for the long term, but also questions in need of answers much sooner.

Income-tax-filing season starts on Jan. 29, and IRS funding could hit a wall on Feb. 2 without a new spending deal. Though people will still be able to file their 2023 income-tax returns in the event of a lapse, Werfel noted that a government shutdown has never occurred during tax-filing season.

“Shutdowns are highly disruptive,” he said, later adding that encountering one now would “increase the risk that we don’t have as smooth a filing season as we intend to have.”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Escape From Noise posted:

God drat Mr. "Wonderful" is such a terrible piece of poo poo.

Remember the time he drunkenly crashed a boat, killing someone, then swapped places with his wife so she took the fall? Yeah he's a real peach.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'd honestly be surprised if Rodger Stone wasn't plotting to assassinate his political rivals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
They’re going to have to update the dictionary because I have a very different definition of DESTROY than the colloquial social-media usage of that word.

“Would you like to super-size your fries?”
“No thanks.”

Local man DESTROYS McDonald’s drive-thru window