Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Non Compos Mentis posted:

ubisoft online error so you cant play it :thumbsup:

Keep trying, you can choose to skip linking your ubisoft account but I think it takes a couple cycles before they give you the option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

bowmore posted:

I think it's pretty obvious we are getting a Switch 2 by the end of the year, the only original nintendo game on the horizon is the peach game

uhhh did you forget Metroid Prime 4??

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

WHY BONER NOW posted:

all wintendo jokes aside this does make a lot of sense both from a development time standpoint and a big new tentpole release to go with a new console revision

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Non Compos Mentis posted:

ubisoft online error so you cant play it :thumbsup:
Just press B dummy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Metroid what now

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

American McGay posted:

Just press B dummy

i didnt notice the option change from go back to try later

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

theysayheygreg posted:

all wintendo jokes aside this does make a lot of sense both from a development time standpoint and a big new tentpole release to go with a new console revision

Metroid? Tentpole? loving lol.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Golden suns coming to switch online

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://youtu.be/SgrL9deh8yk?si=wNAaYo4IphMTXHEk

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Edit: beaten

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Metroid? Tentpole? loving lol.

Yeah, I could see Metroid being a release window game coming out some months after the console, but if I had to bet money I'd say the big release day game will be a new 3d Mario. It'll have been seven years since Odyssey, after all

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the switch 2 will release with metroid prime 4 and wind waker hd and mother 3 and diddy kong racing 2 and eternal darkness: sanity's redemption

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GOLDEN SUN 1 AND 2 ON THE 17TH!!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I haven’t played Golden Sun in twenty years and I’m afraid

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I never actually finished Lost Age so im stoked as hell

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
lotta posters itt getting pumped for pointless yes/no prompts in the middle of dialogue.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

We need the pointless yes/no as a gif

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I could swear to God I've beaten Golden Sun but I just plugged my cart into my GBA SP(which still had battery somehow). I wanted to get the passcode to transfer save data to The Lost Age which I've never played. The cart had three saves still there, none of them clear data. All very close to the end. But how do I know that if I didn't beat it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Prince of Persia demo seems really cool. Not sure I can afford it at the moment. But it's gonna be a good game. Performance seems really good.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's a Ubisoft game so it will be $10 on sale in 3 months so just keep your eyes open for a sale.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Or just steal it yknow?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I could swear to God I've beaten Golden Sun but I just plugged my cart into my GBA SP(which still had battery somehow). I wanted to get the passcode to transfer save data to The Lost Age which I've never played. The cart had three saves still there, none of them clear data. All very close to the end. But how do I know that if I didn't beat it.
SPs and DS Lites have the most insane battery life. I was going to charge up my SPs before we went to family camp last summer and turned them on to find they had full battery after sitting around for months and months.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Meowywitch posted:

Or just steal it yknow?

just gonna shove this digital copy down my pants

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Not the world's longest jrpgs, but definitely the ones that FEEL that way.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Is the PoP demo a carryover one or just a slice of the game?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

Or just steal it yknow?

I’m contacting the Nintendo police.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gonna be interested in seeing the reactions to those replaying GS for the first time in years, as god drat does the intro loving drag.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Morpheus posted:

Is the PoP demo a carryover one or just a slice of the game?

I think it's just a slice. It has a message about how it was a specific collection of levels and stuff. It also sort of begins in media res, and you already have a handful of power ups.

There are bits in there that really did remind me of the old 2D PoP games. Pretty cool.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mega64 posted:

Cheating owns (in single player games, and multiplayer if everyone is cool with it).

Side note: I discovered as a young lad in the wee hours of the morning, with my friend from across the street as my witness, that you could actually run out of what Game Genie advertised as "infinite lives" on none other than the NES Battletoads.

Which I did.

While fighting the Dark Queen.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

What's the next best Picross after Picross S, in case I run outta Pics to Ross on my upcoming travel?

S2?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Gonna be interested in seeing the reactions to those replaying GS for the first time in years, as god drat does the intro loving drag.

Does it get better after that? I've started it 2-3 times over the years and have never made it past the first couple of hours.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You play Golden Sun to vibe in the nostalgia of when RPGs had decent-ish puzzles and the cool summon animations, not for the plot or good pacing. Unless Kraden's exposition that's longer than the Metal Gear Solid scripts is thrilling to you.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I loved the first two golden suns as a dumb young proto-weeb who hadn't been exposed to many better jrpgs but I think I'm better off leaving those as memories rather than revisiting them given how much people complain about them these days and how as I've grown up I don't actually like jrpgs anyway

The summon animations were pretty cool though

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Butterfly Valley posted:

I put 100 hours into TotK before summer while only completing one temple. I was away for three months and my switch has an annoying issue where the left joycon occasionally disconnects in portable mode so I was happy to wait to come back to playing it on my big screen at home. I also discovered that my switch is hackable and having seen 4k 60fps TotK I want to experience the rest of the game that way, but haven't yet got around to hacking my switch properly to pull the save off it, but it's nice to have that to look forward to and now we're in the doldrums of winter I'll do it soon.

Anyway I bought Dusk and Hades in the winter sale and have been loving the poo poo out of Dusk, as I knew I would. Still have Hades to try but I'm sure I'll love that too. I also borrowed Wonder from my nephew who 100% completed it, which was convenient because I was on the fence about buying it for myself. Switch owns.

I think the nicest thing about Hades is that the god mode option sort of helps dial in the difficulty until you are just barely able to keep from dying during runs. Like a personalized difficulty level of sorts.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I really enjoyed the soundtrack. I spent an entire car ride once listening to the sound test like my gba was a CD player.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ElectricSheep posted:

Side note: I discovered as a young lad in the wee hours of the morning, with my friend from across the street as my witness, that you could actually run out of what Game Genie advertised as "infinite lives" on none other than the NES Battletoads.

Which I did.

While fighting the Dark Queen.

Probably gave you something like 255 lives, which I can believe all being used up playing Battletoads.

Hammer Bro. posted:

What's the next best Picross after Picross S, in case I run outta Pics to Ross on my upcoming travel?

S2?

All of the S games own, and right now they go up to 8. There's other options but might as well stick with the S series.

Huxley posted:

Does it get better after that? I've started it 2-3 times over the years and have never made it past the first couple of hours.

I'm not the best to ask because I personally hate the Golden Sun games and am biased as hell against them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should make Picross rear end, like those Saturn games where you solved a jigsaw puzzle to see a video of a lady in a bikini, except Picross.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Golden Sun was my first "real" JRPG that wasn't Pokemon -- thought it was amazing but I was a dumb kid that didn't know any better. It is pretty and has a great soundtrack, but unless you're nostalgic any competent SNES JRPG beats it.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They should make Picross rear end, like those Saturn games where you solved a jigsaw puzzle to see a video of a lady in a bikini, except Picross.

That sounds crass.

Picrass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think important context for Golden Sun's reception is that in 2001 Nintendo gamers were just emerging from the N64 RPG drought. A decent original JRPG was a miracle.