Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
her hell in a cell match vs becky (?) went loving hard. respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Hirez posted:

her hell in a cell match vs becky (?) went loving hard. respect.

It was with Charlotte, but yeah, they beat the hell out of each other.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i got a thread for all you sasha fans

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050872

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TL posted:

It was with Charlotte, but yeah, they beat the hell out of each other.

she's faced both Charlotte and Becky in HIAC, the Becky one was better but largely forgotten because it was on the same card as Seth Rollins vs. The Fiend

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Is the Giant Swing something that you assume would make you dizzy as gently caress but actually doesn’t, or does it genuinely just make you dizzy as gently caress. I feel like there’s gonna be no middle ground.

I suppose you just pick a point on the ceiling and stare at it til it’s over, but I’m not sure that’d work when spinning horizontally around a point like that

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 12, 2024

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Claudio has said that it makes some guys dizzy but not others

quote:

On guys who hate taking the swing: “There’s a lot of people that get dizzy from it. You can see them just grabbing my leg immediately and try to wriggle out of it, and I usually don’t let them. It’s a lot of people. Big Daddy Magic is one of them, just yelling and screaming at me I think we were not even half a rotation in and he was already yelling at me… Brodie Lee used to hate it, he used to curse me out the whole time which I thought was hilarious. We always got into it beforehand and afterward, it was great, he just hated it so much. I always remember that.”

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news...%20of%20people.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Remember when Jericho tapped out to the Big Swing? That was cool.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
And when he did swing Jericho on top of a cage. Also cool.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kennel posted:

And when he did swing Jericho on top of a cage. Also cool.

very rarely do my palms sweat when i watch pro wrestling

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

this was me when claudio was setting hangman up for the top rope ricola bomb

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

graph posted:

Was that also the time they had tacks in their boots so were slipping around too? One of the few times I’m grateful I can’t watch live so I can quickly look up whether anyone dies.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Claudio has said that it makes some guys dizzy but not others

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news...%20of%20people.

no wonder claudio corpses occasionally when he's doing the swing on people

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He was like a whole daddy magic away from the edge of the cage nobody was in any danger

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Answers Me posted:

Was that also the time they had tacks in their boots so were slipping around too? One of the few times I’m grateful I can’t watch live so I can quickly look up whether anyone dies.

Getting on top of that huge cage and realizing you have no traction must be the craziest feeling. You'd definitely see me suddenly drop to my stomach and crawl away like a lizard

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It was still wild, but it looked fairly safe live. I was more worried about Eddie Kingston climbing up there.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
sammy climbed to the top while filming in one of his vlogs and that whole poo poo is a giant Nope from me

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I was to young to remember, but during the Billionaire Ted/Huckster/Nacho Man (lol) stuff, did WWE ever parody Sting as Stink, if so why not. and who were the other characters - Diesel and Razor Ramon (lol again)

how you know?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Hirez posted:

I was to young to remember, but during the Billionaire Ted/Huckster/Nacho Man (lol) stuff, did WWE ever parody Sting as Stink, if so why not. and who were the other characters - Diesel and Razor Ramon (lol again)

how you know?

Nah, the only guys who got called out directly where Hulk, Macho, Ted, and Mean Gene["Scheme" Gene], if I had to get into the mind of Vince he probably only wanted to do direct shots at people he felt personally wronged him and where also famous enough to matter. Basically "I BUILT HULK AND MACHO HOW DARE THEY BETRAY ME", Ted for basically being everything Vince wanted which was a successful rich guy who had a wrestling side gig, and as for Mean Gene... eh I don't know why apparently vince and gene where on neutralish terms from what I've read.

Why more wrestlers didn't get shots taken at them directly was probably because vince may have wanted to sign those guys at somepoint, and really there's no real stuff to be made on throwing pot shots at someone like sting, ddp, flair, etc, because they really weren't famous enough outside of the wrestling bubble to be well known enough for a publicity stunt as opposed to tagging the above group.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 15, 2024

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The premise of those sketches was that WCW could only get stars by signing them away from WWF once they got too old. Acknowledging Sting would’ve worked against that.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Defenestrategy posted:

Why more wrestlers didn't get shots taken at them directly was probably because vince may have wanted to sign those guys at somepoint, and really there's no real stuff to be made on throwing pot shots at someone like sting, ddp, flair, etc, because they really weren't famous enough outside of the wrestling bubble to be well known enough for a publicity stunt as opposed to tagging the above group.

how you know

(thx) Did WCW take pot shots back? Other than the Outsiders just being Fake Diesel and Fake Razor Ramon without names but with toothpick and accent as opposed to the real ones in WWE (when Kane was Diesel)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Nothing as goofy as the Billionaire Ted skits, but they had a reoccurring thing where they'd run a clip of one of their current guys beating a former WCW/now WWE guy. Like before commercial you'd randomly get a clip of Jim Duggan beating Steve Austin, no commentary even attached to why it was happening

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Also the NWO trio, mostly Hall from what I remember would use billionaire ted, scheme gene, and nacho man when referencing them.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

In late1999 WCW would do parody versions of Jim Ross and Chyna, but by that point they were in the death spiral and it was long past the peak of the monday night wars.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
WCW also renamed IRS as VK Wallstreet. He had previously competed as Michael Wallstreet but the VK was added as a shot at Vince.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Vigil holds the distinction of having been named Virgil by WWF to mock Dusty Rhodes, then Vincent by WCW to mock Vince McMahon.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

reality_groove posted:

In late1999 WCW would do parody versions of Jim Ross and Chyna, but by that point they were in the death spiral and it was long past the peak of the monday night wars.

i dont think Asya was even supposed to be a parody of Chyna the same way Oklahoma was a parody of Jim Ross. I think they were just trying to get their own version of Chyna over

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

They're gonna put the title on that WCW castoff Cactus Jack Manson. Yeah, that'll put butts in seats.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

i dont think Asya was even supposed to be a parody of Chyna the same way Oklahoma was a parody of Jim Ross. I think they were just trying to get their own version of Chyna over

Yeah wasn’t the whole thing just “Asia is bigger than China so logically we will have Asya”

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Hirez posted:

how you know?

I just watched through this era (about a year ago) and these commercials came out pretty soon after the Outsiders went to WCW so I just think it was to soon and they didn't wanna highlight their huge act taking the world by storm at that point.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Lamuella posted:

Vigil holds the distinction of having been named Virgil by WWF to mock Dusty Rhodes, then Vincent by WCW to mock Vince McMahon.

Let us not forget that he was also named Shane to mock shane mcmahon

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Piper took a shot back when WWE said they have 'no one-hip guys' by saying 'they're right, they have not one hip guy in that promotion'

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
There's been a bit of discussion on twitter about Performance Centre ACL tears and the rash of them in women's football, so my question is if a propensity towards ACL tears is inherent in women, why haven't they been super prevalent in the famously strenuous and demanding area of Joshi wrestling?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because CrossFit isn’t very big outside the US

quote:

Top 10 countries by participation

United States (42.5%)
France (7.32%)
United Kingdom (7.30%)
Australia (5.2%)
Canada (3.9%)
Spain (3.3%)
Brazil (2.9%)
Germany (2.3%)
South Africa (2.0)
Italy (1.8%)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

loving hell

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's a lot like capitalism, very popular in the US and bad for your health

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

fez_machine posted:

There's been a bit of discussion on twitter about Performance Centre ACL tears and the rash of them in women's football, so my question is if a propensity towards ACL tears is inherent in women, why haven't they been super prevalent in the famously strenuous and demanding area of Joshi wrestling?

I think someone once told me why womens wrestling always looks kinda poo poo in the US and the reason for that was that until relatively recently women in the us where trained wrong or badly on purpose which could be a reason for it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Defenestrategy posted:

I think someone once told me why womens wrestling always looks kinda poo poo in the US and the reason for that was that until relatively recently women in the us where trained wrong or badly on purpose which could be a reason for it.

Would some of that stem from the fact that awful old pimp Moolah would deliberately train people to work worse than she did?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah the TLDR that was given to me before is the general attitude was “women’s wrestling is a sideshow so who gives a poo poo, just go out there and do whatever” and they were trained accordingly.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There was at least one women's match (Trish and someone, maybe) that was a real barnstormer and several backstage people were mad about it. I want to say Jericho told them it was really good and was on their side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There was at least one women's match (Trish and someone, maybe) that was a real barnstormer and several backstage people were mad about it. I want to say Jericho told them it was really good and was on their side.

Are you thinking of the time Lita and Trish main evented RAW? JR tweeted a while back (see below) that a lot of the boys were pissy about it, but it's possible Jericho wasn't among them and instead stood up for the women afterwards.

https://nitter.net/JRsBBQ/status/1637637462972420101