Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm sure most of us are infuriatingly stupid

Well someone told me that could be an asset!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

habeasdorkus posted:

I know I've been wrong repeatedly in thinking that various demiurges don't know something, which is why I could be wrong about what Gog meant by saying she'd be fine. They're still fallible, but generally if they say something is true it ends up being true.

I would be very surprised if Gog Agog knew about Zoss spinning the wheel, mostly because I think she’d have mentioned Zoss even once if she knew about it.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Tiny Myers posted:

I wonder what it's like to be Abaddon reading this thread. Is he ever like "that's a neat idea, I should have gone with that" or "blocked. blocked. blocked. none of you are free of lovely concepts"

I hope after reading these suggestions, he would thoroughly encourage us to become farmers.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder if Gog is talking about hating the other Demiurges or hating everything non worm in general. Like she is having her own "Agent Smith talks about smellz to Morpheus" moment.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I have been poisoned by Posting Law

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Joe Slowboat posted:

I would be very surprised if Gog Agog knew about Zoss spinning the wheel, mostly because I think she’d have mentioned Zoss even once if she knew about it.

Well, you must be pretty surprised right now.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1745880123159482522

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1745880238423265424/photo/1

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Kill Six Billion Demons is crazy good this week.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

NachtSieger posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons is crazy good this week.

ftfy

but yes, serious Gog is suddenly a quite menacing presence

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Taking bets for who it is.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

The answer Gog is building towards is Ingsvld, isn't it??

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
My money's on Maya.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Why is it starting feel like while Gog may not be the closest to Royalty by any stretch she is the closest approximation of Yisun?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

girl dick energy posted:

Taking bets for who it is.

it's gotta be Gog.

Abbadon, you are goddamn COOKING

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

not knowing the First Cycle is an interesting wrinkle and a little bit pertinent

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
need the next page so bad I’m scratching at my monitor like a cat at the back door

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This is neat.

e: Also, link to the music from the alt text, the Danse Macabre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
God drat, I am here for this.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

maswastaken posted:

Why is it starting feel like while Gog may not be the closest to Royalty by any stretch she is the closest approximation of Yisun?

You mean a being who divided herself into a great many divisions, telling stories to herself with no audience?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

not knowing the First Cycle is an interesting wrinkle and a little bit pertinent

Her first cycle anyway. There's no guarantee the loop wasn't infinitely ancient even before she came along.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Next page will be back to WC and Dave, having a big fish barbecue.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I love herrrrrrrrrrrrr

So much good art on this page. The extremely gay dance. The extremely unnerving shot of Gog-Agog's face lit from behind after Allison asks how many times it's been reset - dead, joyless eyes and smile. The spotlight overhead, blinding, so blinding it erases the marks on Gog's face to the point that she goes from looking inhuman and unfocused to startlingly sober and beautiful. Gazing into the light unflinching, even as Allison squints away from it.

Also yeah I feel like the answer is Gog. Now to just convince her to do it again.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Tiny Myers posted:

I love herrrrrrrrrrrrr

So much good art on this page. The extremely gay dance. The extremely unnerving shot of Gog-Agog's face lit from behind after Allison asks how many times it's been reset - dead, joyless eyes and smile. The spotlight overhead, blinding, so blinding it erases the marks on Gog's face to the point that she goes from looking inhuman and unfocused to startlingly sober and beautiful. Gazing into the light unflinching, even as Allison squints away from it.

Also yeah I feel like the answer is Gog. Now to just convince her to do it again.

The last shot when she says "three" and the lights come on is fantastic.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I have no more edge of my seat to sit on

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The reaction shot from Gog right after Allison asks "How many times has the world been reset" is so drat good, holy poo poo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tiny Myers posted:

The extremely unnerving shot of Gog-Agog's face lit from behind after Allison asks how many times it's been reset - dead, joyless eyes and smile.

The way I read it is

"How many times has the world been reset?"

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I expected more than just twice.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gog always has the best faces. Which is only fair, she's been working on them for so long.

Now I'm kind of curious if that old OG design of Gog-agog is actually canonical, but just so far back in the series of resets that nobody in the current timeline would recognize her.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm getting real deja-vu from this sequence, which is appropriate, I feel like I've read a conversation similar to this before in a different comic. Oh god, I think it was Homestuck. The Skai loop, the Scratch etc etc

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Moskau posted:

ftfy

but yes, serious Gog is suddenly a quite menacing presence

Gog remembering it all suddenly changes all the stuff she's said and done in the comic, from lolrandom to more "sigh, here we go again".

It adds something bleakly comedic to her slow response to Salami Dave pompously calling on her to honour the Pact of the Seven Part World.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I like that her beach metaphor is roughly the same as explaining the length of a kalpa

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm getting real deja-vu from this sequence, which is appropriate, I feel like I've read a conversation similar to this before in a different comic.[/spoiler]

Maybe Thor's reveal in Order of the Stick?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Elissimpark posted:

It adds something bleakly comedic to her slow response to Salami Dave pompously calling on her to honour the Pact of the Seven Part World.

You wonder if she goes through a little effort like that every few cycles just on the off chance that something different might happen. Her "deflated" response to Mottom becomes less about how insulted she feels than just, "Welp, nothing new this time either"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The single most sinister thing right now isn't the implication in the other text that she's truly immortal, that we may now have to ask what form she had beforehand (is "this form" the worms or the simulacrum of a woman?) or even that Jadis is omniscient and didn't need to be colossal multiverse-spanning mass to know literally everything, so just how much does Gog know if she does. It's that font in Gog Agog's speech bubbles, without it being an impression.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

I like that her beach metaphor is roughly the same as explaining the length of a kalpa

Yeah same. Very fun.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm getting real deja-vu from this sequence, which is appropriate, I feel like I've read a conversation similar to this before in a different comic. Oh god, I think it was Homestuck. The Skai loop, the Scratch etc etc

It might be worth remembering that K6BD originally got started on the MSPA forums.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Yessss, I thought so

Though, with her becoming this ideal blonde figure given Allison’s body image history and everything else, and the way they’re mirroring each other now slightly - Gog and her facial markings vs Allison’s scars, the matching lipstick - and the contrast of “guess I’m dying who gives a poo poo” yolo vs “i’ve decided not to die and become infinite because gently caress you god” I def think Gog was the first.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

maswastaken posted:

The single most sinister thing right now isn't the implication in the other text that she's truly immortal, that we may now have to ask what form she had beforehand (is "this form" the worms or the simulacrum of a woman?) or even that Jadis is omniscient and didn't need to be colossal multiverse-spanning mass to know literally everything, so just how much does Gog know if she does. It's that font in Gog Agog's speech bubbles, without it being an impression.

Jadis used magic to see everything that's ever happened, is happening, will ever happen, at the same time, and it broke her.

Gog stores everything that's ever happened to her in her worm memory bank. The resets must have started some time after Gog was already a huge mass of worms, to have enough memory to actually remember stuff. Unless she gains new memories as she creates more storage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gog was the premier demiurge in the beginning, but gradually became more and more erratic under the weight of all the memory she's retained. Dave picked up the leadership role in later cycles and the others stopped respecting her because she's oh so crazy. But Gog remembers. And she holds a grudge.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

maswastaken posted:

I think we might not have touched on it during Jadis-chat, but it's likely she's only omniscient as far as the current spin goes. As far as she's aware, the world ends. Zoss spinning everything back (like a giant pencil in the cassette tape of reality) is from outside the wheel, so she doesn't know that's happening and maybe, due to her circumstances, is unable of becoming aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, that's my take. Jadis knows everything, past and future, of THIS cycle. Gog has memory of all the past cycles, but not the future.

Note how no one so far seems to know how it STARTED, however.